How many are you hiring?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

How many are you hiring?

I am relocating to Tampa and was wondering how many deputies you are currently hiring?

Thanks and be safe!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am relocating to Tampa and was wondering how many deputies you are currently hiring?

Thanks and be safe!
    Based on how short we are, we need about 1000 more.

Unregistered
    We are literally down more that 50% on the street. What the numbers say on paper vs how many we really have and where they are assigned is another story. With my eyes and the misery that I experience when I am physically out there, it’s 50% down on the street. Screw the BS fudged stats on a printout because we physically have enough deputies but too many are off doing everything except law enforcement work. Plus you can’t argue with them because they have already cemented in stone how those non LEO positions are justified. When in reality if you were to get ride of those positions, no one would notice or care. Get rid of patrol and you have anarchy. A squad of deputies assigned to the BOCC? Really? Sending off to do BS fluff? Hire private security or off duty and put them back on patrol.

How many they are hiring is another story. Seems the same to me. 1 or 2 recruits on a squad per year. Same rate as always. No emergency training or boost. Also it depends on how much money a district wants to save by keeping staff short. It depends how much pull a district major has too. Think how D3 was when CC was there. The districts with the most staffing, usually depending on the times and who is there, also have a fast tracked major. I hear D5 is the place to be right now with promotions and such, but them unit statuses look terrible! I mean terrible. At least on day B.

On the one hand we need more deputies. On the other hand it’s hard telling people to apply to this scam of a job. We need you but don’t apply. Go somewhere where your education, training, experience, efficiency, mastery, tenure, and skill means something. It won’t here.

Unregistered
    From one LEO to another, put your app in and let’s go! We need everyone that can get through the door due to the critical patrol shortage. See you soon!

Unregistered
    I am going to apply I just have one more question, if you have experience do they start you at a higher pay rate?

Unregistered
    I am going to apply I just have one more question, if you have experience do they start you at a higher pay rate?
    No.

Experience is worthless here. And, unless you are a minority, already connected to the brass, or living an alternative lifestyle, you will spend your entire career on patrol at this agency.cSome employees are ok with that. Some are not. Just know that before you sign up. Our current Sheriff, and many of the brass, rely on the gold ol' boy system, race, sex, and sexual orientation to be the deciding factors of who gets promotions and/or desired transfers.

That being said, we need more patrol deputies. Because when many of our patrol deputies realize the above is true, they resign. Many of them. So we need more deputies who are content with a career in patrol.

Unregistered
    No.

Experience is worthless here. And, unless you are a minority, already connected to the brass, or living an alternative lifestyle, you will spend your entire career on patrol at this agency.cSome employees are ok with that. Some are not. Just know that before you sign up. Our current Sheriff, and many of the brass, rely on the gold ol' boy system, race, sex, and sexual orientation to be the deciding factors of who gets promotions and/or desired transfers.

That being said, we need more patrol deputies. Because when many of our patrol deputies realize the above is true, they resign. Many of them. So we need more deputies who are content with a career in patrol.
    Don't listen to this idiot. How do I know he's an idiot (and a he)? Because he has lumped the pizzed off good old boys in with minorities. Those two do not go EVER together!

The only people who are pizzy about others FINALLY getting a fair shake here are the pizzy good old boys, like the dummy above.

No workplace is perfect, but there are great things on the horizon. Come in and check things out!

Unregistered
    No.

Exactly. Then they expect us to drown in calls with only 6 on our squad all night and still cover for all the people working here making pretty huge salaries doing literally no police work. See, back then we covered for them because we were fooled into believing that with hard hard work and giving your entire self to this crap job, we would get a fair shake in making it to one of those positions. In the end all we get is occupational burnout while certain ones are fast tracked. You blew it now. We turnin on you.

Unregistered
    Exactly. Then they expect us to drown in calls with only 6 on our squad all night and still cover for all the people working here making pretty huge salaries doing literally no police work. See, back then we covered for them because we were fooled into believing that with hard hard work and giving your entire self to this crap job, we would get a fair shake in making it to one of those positions. In the end all we get is occupational burnout while certain ones are fast tracked. You blew it now. We turnin on you.
    Oooooohhhhh, we all scared now.

Unregistered
    Who has 6 on a squad??? That’s a lot of people these days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast