+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

How many are looking to leave?

Leaving to another agency/ leaving LE altogether?

Unregistered
    Almost everyone below cpl

Unregistered
    I’m leaving law enforcement completely.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m leaving law enforcement completely.
    Me too. Not worth the risk.

Unregistered
    Leaving the agency and law enforcement. The job sucks now.

Unregistered
    Law enforcement is not what it used to be...I'm out soon.

Unregistered
    Not knowing what will happen to you if you are involved in even a cut and dry use of force case is scary especially those of us with young families.

My freedom, my families safety, and my income will be in danger because of the Department and University's political correctness and immediate need to separate itself from controversy will always be its priority.

Unregistered
    Don't quit your job or your profession that you have put so much time into on achieving it. Recognize what is going on with the times. It has been building up for years, and it was just a matter of time. Your encounters, the calls you receive and the arrest you have made in your career usually involve a certain minority of the community and you know that from your years of experience of doing the job long or short.

There are minority elements of the community that do not want any authority or enforcement of the laws as were written by Florida State Statute laws for law and order as they were written to keep law and order in the American society and divide it from the rest of the uncivilized world. Half the people here on this job make it into an office job and don't have to deal with it, and will be same ones that will judge you on what they don't have to deal with anymore.

Just use common sense on the times and what is wanted or expected, and what you will be judged on. If you see the guy that is suspicious, and maybe on a bike, let it be unless you have a direct complaint against them. If you have no real crime on them, let it be. It could easily turn into a Resisting Arrest case, and then end up in a physical use of force or a shooting to defend yourself. And then, god forbid and it makes it into the national news. You will we screwed and hung out to dry for sure to satisfy community outrage. Use common sense.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't quit your job or your profession that you have put so much time into on achieving it. Recognize what is going on with the times. It has been building up for years, and it was just a matter of time. Your encounters, the calls you receive and the arrest you have made in your career usually involve a certain minority of the community and you know that from your years of experience of doing the job long or short.

There are minority elements of the community that do not want any authority or enforcement of the laws as were written by Florida State Statute laws for law and order as they were written to keep law and order in the American society and divide it from the rest of the uncivilized world. Half the people here on this job make it into an office job and don't have to deal with it, and will be same ones that will judge you on what they don't have to deal with anymore.

Just use common sense on the times and what is wanted or expected, and what you will be judged on. If you see the guy that is suspicious, and maybe on a bike, let it be unless you have a direct complaint against them. If you have no real crime on them, let it be. It could easily turn into a Resisting Arrest case, and then end up in a physical use of force or a shooting to defend yourself. And then, god forbid and it makes it into the national news. You will we screwed and hung out to dry for sure to satisfy community outrage. Use common sense.
    You prove my point. If I do my job I put myself and my family at risk.

Unregistered
    Not sure you get it. Stopping the guy on the bike just to check him out with no call involved or a victim/complainant involved. Let it be. Take the bike theft report later. Or if you want to take your chances and possibly be on CNN and try to stop the guy on the bike when he tells you to f'off and things escalate, like they always will on the job as we know, guarantee you, it will be your career tough guy. These days no matter the outcome of who's right or wrong, you face the chances of being on the losing end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast