Pinellas county Sheriff's Office on Facebook

Unregistered

Pinellas county Sheriff's Office on Facebook

Who is the ADMIN for the PCSO Facebook? They let James M. followers post a lot of BS. Theres a "kool rain" user responding to the posts with James picture. Pretty funny. Facebook ADMIN, if you see this cannot you just delete the post?

Unregistered
    Bob keeps getting free publicity with his public safety ads which coincidentally are running close to the election.

Unregistered
    It’s actually against the law for anything to be deleted off the sheriffs office fb. Sucks right? A holes like McLiar get all the attention they want.

Unregistered
    They kind of remind me of the Manson Cult

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s actually against the law for anything to be deleted off the sheriffs office fb. Sucks right? A holes like McLiar get all the attention they want.
    Why is it illegal? is there a statute? Facebook is a private entity.

Unregistered
    They kind of remind me of the Manson Cult
    It’s called First Amendment speech on government page moron. I’m sure PR wold love to remove McLiness crap but it’s called illegal and PCSO wud get sued. So learn the law and STFU!

Unregistered
    It’s called First Amendment speech on government page moron. I’m sure PR wold love to remove McLiness crap but it’s called illegal and PCSO wud get sued. So learn the law and STFU!
    What law, please provide the statute, Facebook is a private entity and the content that is posted is off topic. Just like LEO Affairs. Not sure why you are so angry, hope you don't work here

Unregistered
    It is not "illegal" but it does fall under First Amendment and the courts in several states have ruled that on a public government website post and users can not be deleted or the they will risk being sued. In the age of social media it is a double edged sword. To have or not to have, to put out information to the public or not too. I see the post that you are referring and I believe some can be deleted because they are fake Facebook users and they probably won't identify themselves to be reinstated. Hope this helps

Unregistered
    It is not "illegal" but it does fall under First Amendment and the courts in several states have ruled that on a public government website post and users can not be deleted or the they will risk being sued. In the age of social media it is a double edged sword. To have or not to have, to put out information to the public or not too. I see the post that you are referring and I believe some can be deleted because they are fake Facebook users and they probably won't identify themselves to be reinstated. Hope this helps

You are correct that posts can't be legally deleted. They also do fall under the Sunshine Laws. Government agencies do have the ability to archive the message (even hide) as long as the message is preserved in some manner for public records requests.

http://myfloridalegal.com/webfiles.nsf/WF/JFAO-83LRUT/$file/social.pdf