Current LEO moving back to Pinellas County..

Unregistered

Current LEO moving back to Pinellas County..

Current central Florida Leo looking to coming back to Pinellas County. I’ve done my research and SPPD has very competitive pay and benefits. What I really want to know is what it’s like working for SPPD. I’ve heard things from current officers who love it and couldn’t be happier and have a lot of room for specialty units. But then I see on here that it’s a terrible place to work and everyone hates the chain. I know coming on here is most likely a mistake but I want the truth even from the saltiest people in the agency. Give me the good/bad and ugly.

Also how is the take home vehicle policy? Do you get one out of FTO? Or is it out of probation?

Thanks again guys and please be honest. Be safe!

Unregistered
    It's bliss here. The command staff ALWAYS has our backs. Tony and the other fine people above make sure we get plenty of opportunities to do good proactive law enforcement work and they encourage and mentor us. The community is great too, especially south of Central. That's where you want to work. Tell them that. They love cops and respect your mission and work with you to build a better community. The mayor is a great guy and always shows his support for first responders, and especially cops. He is working on raises and some other incentives. We just got a new building too. Sometimes the chief and command staff have cookouts, they switch up the days so if you're working you can catch the next one. It's kind of a family environment here.

Unregistered
    u r a brave soul if you want to work here compared to the other departments in the tampa area. there is more to do here, but that is not always a good thing haha

Unregistered
    You had better not be an LEO, because if you are, the bad guy just confessed on tape, gave you the murder weapon and evidence and handcuffed himself and you missed walked the other direction. Have you even tried to read any of the dozens of "hiring" posts?