Take home car policy
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Take home car policy

How does the take home policy work?

1) How long so you have to wait to get a take home car assigned to you?

2) Can you live in one of the surrounding counties (Example: Pinellas or Pasco) and utilize the take home car?

Thank you in advance.

Unregistered
    You can ask that and many more questions during your applicant ridealong that your background investigator sets up

Unregistered
    A good question. I guess no one has really figured this out. The UP has an entire car lot of unused cars parked behind the PD. We could use one or more of them as loaner car that is for sure for the one that break down. I say give them out immediately to new hires. If they fail the program and don't make it, which it seems most don't make it here at this job and they get rid of 2 out of every three they hire. Take the car back. Simple. That back lot is turning into rusting and green cars from the pollen. More cars than a used car lot.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    A good question. I guess no one has really figured this out. The UP has an entire car lot of unused cars parked behind the PD. We could use one or more of them as loaner car that is for sure for the one that break down. I say give them out immediately to new hires. If they fail the program and don't make it, which it seems most don't make it here at this job and they get rid of 2 out of every three they hire. Take the car back. Simple. That back lot is turning into rusting and green cars from the pollen. More cars than a used car lot.
    Thanks for responding. I read on the job description that the officer can participate in the take home car policy after the initial
    contract period...

Is that the FTO period, Probation period or the 3 year hiring contract period??

Also, why do you think 2 out of 3 officers get fired?
    Why is it people are not making it?

Unregistered
    Thanks for responding. I read on the job description that the officer can participate in the take home car policy after the initial
    contract period...

Is that the FTO period, Probation period or the 3 year hiring contract period??

Also, why do you think 2 out of 3 officers get fired?
    Why is it people are not making it?
    For the take home car, it really just depends. It used to be after the three year contract. Then it was changed to after two years. I think the most recent new hires got theirs after a year. With the new budget cuts, you could get screwed.

If you are a quality applicant, I would definitely ask before applying. I would make sure I got something in writing as well.

As for people getting fired, it’s pretty much the same as anywhere else. Some people make it and some people don’t.

Unregistered
    Don’t listen to this person. They were more than likely fired and rehired.

Unregistered
    You can thank our ITS NOT MY JOB logistical Guru for the insect invested green tinged patrol cars rotting away in our backyard

Unregistered
    You can thank our ITS NOT MY JOB logistical Guru for the insect invested green tinged patrol cars rotting away in our backyard

Unregistered
    Send them to st pete. We need them. Still sharing 3 cars.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3200713]How does the take home policy work?

1) How long so you have to wait to get a take home car assigned to you?

2) Can you live in one of the surrounding counties (Example: Pinellas or Pasco) and utilize the take home car?

Thank you

No take homes in St Pete. Just the chief. It's not cost effective for his troops he says.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast