Try this again... Load bearing vest
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Try this again... Load bearing vest

Alright... again I see agencies switching to these including other SO’s. Everyone loves them and they even make ones that look just like our current uniform(see SPPD)... why isn’t this an option? They’ll let us wear the “over vest” but not add 2 rows of molle?

We can skip the tough guy SWAT comments and the old salts that don’t want to get with the times.

Thoughts?

Unregistered
    You're supposed to whine and complain about specialized units having access to them. That seems to have worked with carrying 9mm's under cover or on surveillance.

Those same units are issued vest carriers with placards, so we need to make sure every deputy has the same thing because they need them too. Everyone should have the same stuff. We all know every deputy and detective performs the exact same role in the agency's functions so why should so called "specialized units" get to wear super cool stuff?

The term "specialized unit" hurts my feelings too. I feel that even though I'm in class A's im special too. In fact I want cars like VCTF and a beard like Narcotics. In patrol though. I think I should be considered special enough while taking information reports on the street, that the sheriff gets me a special Toyota Camry or a Silverado with a light package.

That way I feel special too.

Unregistered
    The PBA should get involved. This isn’t an appearance issue or tactic-cool issue. This is a work tool utility issue. The in shape younger group that inhabits VCTF, VOWU, K9, TSU, and HOME may find it easy to say they have no back issues. They are younger and fit. But after twenty plus years you will have back issues. It’s a fact. Studies should be cited and this should be pushed as a contract item by the PBA. Anyone who turns this into an issue they believe the have nots just whine about is a fool. And I wish them herniated discs for their lack of vision and empathy.

Unregistered
    Load bearing vests are coming because they are superior body cam holders.

As for 9 mm, a cost benefit analysis is a no-brainer to make the switch happen.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Alright... again I see agencies switching to these including other SO’s. Everyone loves them and they even make ones that look just like our current uniform(see SPPD)... why isn’t this an option? They’ll let us wear the “over vest” but not add 2 rows of molle?

We can skip the tough guy SWAT comments and the old salts that don’t want to get with the times.

Thoughts?
    DEAD ON ARRIVAL!!!!!!!! DOA in case you missed it.

Unregistered
    DEAD ON ARRIVAL!!!!!!!! DOA in case you missed it.
    So were 12 hour shifts and body cameras. Then all of a sudden they became the best thing since sliced bread. But Bob can turn on a dime if is suits him politically. Inertia and old mentality are the problem here. Too many old people at the top who are set in their ways "because that's how we always did it for the past 40 years and it worked fine". Bob doesn't want us to look too military and upset the snowflakes, BLM/Democrats, TBT, etc. This is why we need new blood at the top, so we can get modern updated gear in step with current times.

Unregistered
    I'm so tired of this crap from the "load bearing vest guy". With everything we just got in the new contract and everything thats going on around us can't you just be happy. You are such a douche .

Unregistered
    I'm so tired of this crap from the "load bearing vest guy". With everything we just got in the new contract and everything thats going on around us can't you just be happy. You are such a douche .

Load bearing vests look fukking stupid and sloppy. He just wants to look cool for his FB and Instagram followers so he can pose with his vest and tell everyone what a tough guy he is.

Unregistered
    So true! The Sheriff did us real good in the recent contract and I wish this load bearing azzbag wud just STFU!!!!! Who cares. We dont need that crap.

Unregistered
    They look terrible. I think that young deputies like them because they make them look like modern day Rambo and young chicks dig them. Join the US Army if you have a desire to wear one, not while patrolling my neighborhood and on my tax dollar. All we need to see is 6 deputies standing around on a crime scene with their thumbs tucked into the arm holes of the vest.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast