Patrol load bearing vest pt3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Bringing it back... if the damn college can have LBV’s for patrol so can we..

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Have you tried the F.I.S.H. box at your local district? I hear that’s where fresh ideas start
    I always thought FISH box was just your nick name. Never new it was an actual box!

Unregistered
    Goto mounted they just got approved for them.

Unregistered
    Sounds like the perfect crusade for The Legend to take up on our behalf. Earn your keep!

Unregistered

How many have “bad” backs?

All kidding, slamming and stalling aside, this is something we need to get done. Union, labor Mgmt committee, training, someone needs to step up and fix this.

Something needs to be done. Why are they approved for just about every unit but patrol? The one group that’s actually in the field taking calls and confined to a car the whole shift can’t move a couple of items like mags, radio, taser and handcuffs off of their back and spine? It’s ridiculous that medical doctors and studies have concluded that the duty belt destroys our low backs and yet we are having to beg for this in 2021.

Unregistered
    All kidding, slamming and stalling aside, this is something we need to get done. Union, labor Mgmt committee, training, someone needs to step up and fix this.

Something needs to be done. Why are they approved for just about every unit but patrol? The one group that’s actually in the field taking calls and confined to a car the whole shift can’t move a couple of items like mags, radio, taser and handcuffs off of their back and spine? It’s ridiculous that medical doctors and studies have concluded that the duty belt destroys our low backs and yet we are having to beg for this in 2021.
    What are your union representatives doing to address this issue???

Unregistered
    What are your union representatives doing to address this issue???
    They have addressed it 100 times with staff and Dugan won’t budge. Doesn’t help the squirrels in training make stupid comments about it not being tactically safe to have mollies on the vest blah blah. That’s what happens when Jane hires her retired unqualified buddies to be In training lead by CPL king squirel. .

Unregistered
    They have addressed it 100 times with staff and Dugan won’t budge. Doesn’t help the squirrels in training make stupid comments about it not being tactically safe to have mollies on the vest blah blah. That’s what happens when Jane hires her retired unqualified buddies to be In training lead by CPL king squirel. .
    I know that your PBA is preparing for contract negotiations with the city. If this is a concern of the members and the members want those load bearing vests then it should be a item for negotiations if the city refuses to fairly negotiate the issue it could be cause for an unfair labor practice. That is for your union officials and the union attorney to decide.
    I know that back injuries are a cause for disability pensions in law enforcement. I don't know if this has been done, but if this an issue then demand that your union representatives conduct an internal study of back injuries within the department etc. information is available through public records requests as part of gathering information for upcoming contract negotiations.
    Also demand that they compile studies that support the load bearing vests benefits. This could be done by demanding your union form a committee for such a study, the committee members should be from your patrol divisions. With the information obtained then request to be placed on the F&P Pension Board meeting agenda and provide a favorable presentation to the trustees, 3 cops, 3 fire and 3 high ranking city trustees, to gather support as this could support the reduction in disability back pensions.
    You could also demand that the union present a case before city council. Sometimes those in training become to comfortable in those positions especially if they have not been on the streets in years or decades. I wish you all luck on this important issue, stay safe.

Unregistered
    city council doesn't care, why tell them? They are un bed with the mayor who is running the police department

Unregistered
    I know that your PBA is preparing for contract negotiations with the city. If this is a concern of the members and the members want those load bearing vests then it should be a item for negotiations if the city refuses to fairly negotiate the issue it could be cause for an unfair labor practice. That is for your union officials and the union attorney to decide.
    I know that back injuries are a cause for disability pensions in law enforcement. I don't know if this has been done, but if this an issue then demand that your union representatives conduct an internal study of back injuries within the department etc. information is available through public records requests as part of gathering information for upcoming contract negotiations.
    Also demand that they compile studies that support the load bearing vests benefits. This could be done by demanding your union form a committee for such a study, the committee members should be from your patrol divisions. With the information obtained then request to be placed on the F&P Pension Board meeting agenda and provide a favorable presentation to the trustees, 3 cops, 3 fire and 3 high ranking city trustees, to gather support as this could support the reduction in disability back pensions.
    You could also demand that the union present a case before city council. Sometimes those in training become to comfortable in those positions especially if they have not been on the streets in years or decades. I wish you all luck on this important issue, stay safe.
    Very smart and well written post. Anyone from the PBA getting this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12