Beards I uniform - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don’t think it’s the hate on military. We appreciate your service and sacrifice for our country. The problem is you still have some officer/supervisors in MDPD acting like they are still in the military. This is not the military to the guy who checks your socks and sends you home if their not black. Got a chief that thinks he’s General Patton. Chill out bro this is the Police Department where tattoos and beards are allowed. Stop **** blocking.
    . You’re a funny dude. You’re claiming that only military guys are hating on beards? You have no clue. You think military guys and girls are hard to supervise? No kid, you young friends and family hook ups are the biggest problem and anytime a supervisor says something you call your “tio” or “tia.” Foh kid

Ps, beards are already approved and were waiting on the sop to be approved. Also, if you have such negative crap to say about military guys, just go tell them.

Unregistered
    Can someone please explain why every male on MDPD is allowed to have a beard EXCEPT UNIFORM?

Why is MDPD behind other departments and the norms of society and many global cultures our community represents? We celebrate being multicultural, international, embracing this or that, but other departments with much much less diversity allow their males in uniform to have a beard.
    A beard is natural.

We allow females to dye their hair unnatural colors, put on a circus palette of nail colors and different nails on their hands are different colors and even fingernail to fingernail, fake and different colored hair extensions, more jewelry than a store display on their wrist and multiple earrings, pants so tight you can see the thong t-back, skirts and blouses so tight it 3 sizes to small, but no one say anyrhing.

Some get a beard memo from their doctor. Not a bad swap for a co-pay and getting a year of beard, but why? Just say it is your religion and everyone back off and approve and make sure they are accommodated. That is fine, but just let males have a beard.

Do it, wear the mask and cover it. Oh you want to wear it openly, next is earrings right? Grow a pair man, you sound like a whining Biatch

Unregistered
    Sorry but I’ve been less than impressed with some of these ex-military types. They’re impossible to supervise, I’ve seen them behaving insubordinately to their supervisors, and frankly most even look like shit, all fat and out of shape. But they’re quick to tell you about Marine or Army life. Big deal, you were a badass at age 18-21. Now you’re a sloppy mess. Look sharp and squared away at 30, at 40. The military you came from would be shocked at the dirty mess most of you have become. Tighten it up and represent.
    Impossible to supervise? Maybe thats because where they come from you have to earn those stripes and that brass by demonstrating that you can actually be a leader, not just taking a test that your friends and family gave you the answers to.

Unregistered
    Impossible to supervise? Maybe thats because where they come from you have to earn those stripes and that brass by demonstrating that you can actually be a leader, not just taking a test that your friends and family gave you the answers to.
    You make a good point, that may be true. But don’t think that the military doesn’t have its own version of friends and family. In every organization, public, private, or military, having friends or family in the right places can get strings pulled in your favor.
    Yes, I’ve been around more than a few ex-military police officers that are a supervisors nightmare. By the way, if you enter the military with a college degree and attend OCS you go in as an officer, with rank. Ask some of the enlisted guys how much leadership some of these officers possess. Some will tell you, not a whole helluva lot.

Unregistered
    I can’t wait to see what you guys will complain about in 10 years when the “culture” changes again. A memo for a nose ring or how about body modifications. Gfto.
    I’m so tired of these newbies. They drive me crazy with all the demands.

Burger King is hiring, “have it you’re way”!

Unregistered
    I’m so tired of these newbies. They drive me crazy with all the demands.

Burger King is hiring, “have it you’re way”!
    Or even better . . . you could have it YOUR way.

Moron

Unregistered

Paramilitary - policies

I don’t think it’s the hate on military. We appreciate your service and sacrifice for our country. The problem is you still have some officer/supervisors in MDPD acting like they are still in the military. This is not the military to the guy who checks your socks and sends you home if their not black. Got a chief that thinks he’s General Patton. Chill out bro this is the Police Department where tattoos and beards are allowed. Stop **** blocking.
    🍴 PAPO this is a para military organization!!! didn’t you learn that in day 1 of the Academy??

if the supervisor tells you to do something just do; if it’s not in conflict with Florida/Federal laws and or Ordinances/AO’s. Get it done. It’s called uniform standards fml. If u don’t like to follow the rules or orders given then 09-06.

Lastly, take some dam pride in you’re job, and maybe a little thing called work ethic. I’ve never had a proplem with a gold badge in 17 years. Come to work, do your job as outlined in the books and get paid.

Unregistered
    It’s just amazing how people are never happy with the department or having such a great job with incredible benefits. With all the perks we have you think people would just focus on their job and worry about themselves. We are our own worst enemies. The stupidity will never end and we will continue to embarrass ourselves and our profession.

Our cars aren’t good enough, our uniforms suck, our supervisors suck, our promotional process is rigged, our specialized units suck, we are all at risk to get the corona virus while doing our job and everything is just UNFAIR. Why don’t you just retire or resign. Most of our department has zero college education or military experience, can’t write, can’t shoot (I know first hand) have no communication skills have little or no life experience, but yet have a job that ranges from $70,000 to $200,000 and can retire long before most of society with a for sure pension.

Don’t give me the “we risk our lives everyday” line, as we all know the truth. Some actually do, and most don’t. Officers have no idea the sacrifices that have been made for our benefit, most could give a shit about the police memorial ceremony or the site as all they are about is themselves. They have no respect for the profession or the identity and responsibility it brings.

I’m not preaching but wake up and smell the coffee and ask yourself “when do we stop *****ing and actually be thankful we are fortunate to do this job”.

Worry about yourself and do your job, some of us out here actually care about our profession and what it stands for.

Unregistered
    It’s just amazing how people are never happy with the department or having such a great job with incredible benefits. With all the perks we have you think people would just focus on their job and worry about themselves. We are our own worst enemies. The stupidity will never end and we will continue to embarrass ourselves and our profession.

Our cars aren’t good enough, our uniforms suck, our supervisors suck, our promotional process is rigged, our specialized units suck, we are all at risk to get the corona virus while doing our job and everything is just UNFAIR. Why don’t you just retire or resign. Most of our department has zero college education or military experience, can’t write, can’t shoot (I know first hand) have no communication skills have little or no life experience, but yet have a job that ranges from $70,000 to $200,000 and can retire long before most of society with a for sure pension.

Don’t give me the “we risk our lives everyday” line, as we all know the truth. Some actually do, and most don’t. Officers have no idea the sacrifices that have been made for our benefit, most could give a shit about the police memorial ceremony or the site as all they are about is themselves. They have no respect for the profession or the identity and responsibility it brings.

I’m not preaching but wake up and smell the coffee and ask yourself “when do we stop *****ing and actually be thankful we are fortunate to do this job”.

Worry about yourself and do your job, some of us out here actually care about our profession and what it stands for.
    Do you feel better now little princes. It’s people like you in cushy jobs or in charge that never see us the workers. Oh and I don’t need little stupid ass messages from the ivory tower telling me how good things are. Stick it.

Unregistered
    Do you feel better now little princes. It’s people like you in cushy jobs or in charge that never see us the workers. Oh and I don’t need little stupid ass messages from the ivory tower telling me how good things are. Stick it.
    Well I don’t have a cushy job and I believe what he said is 100% on the money. Let’s not pretend you know who wrote that and what job they have instead of reading the message. If you don’t agree then good for you. By the way, it’s Princess you dumb fûk. Learn how to write so you can get a “cushy job” 😂
    -Anon

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast