Beards I uniform - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Beards but now no tats???!!!

So we get beards but all tattoos must be covered? What is the point of that change?!

Unregistered
    Who said all tattoos must be covered? Smh.... Take a moment and educate yourself son.

Unregistered
    Dale!!! Bears & tats to look like tromendo come mierda

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So we get beards but all tattoos must be covered? What is the point of that change?!
    Shut the **** up! Dumb ass trying to stir the pot

Unregistered
    Now that we have colored hair, beards and tattoos people will start complaining to allow earrings, nose jewerly, and vanity gold teeth. It won't be long before officers will look like 6ix9ine and lil wayne.
    How do you compare earrings, nose jewelry and gold teeth to hair that grows naturally on your face??? It’s almost as if you’re comparing officers with beards to people who you feel is beneath you! Well news flash it’s no longer the 1980’s were people are brainwashed into what the white man thinks professionalism should look like. I’m not trying to start an issue, I’m just asking you to think for a sec on what should and should not be compared.

Unregistered
    How do you compare earrings, nose jewelry and gold teeth to hair that grows naturally on your face??? It’s almost as if you’re comparing officers with beards to people who you feel is beneath you! Well news flash it’s no longer the 1980’s were people are brainwashed into what the white man thinks professionalism should look like. I’m not trying to start an issue, I’m just asking you to think for a sec on what should and should not be compared.
    True. Taking a sharp blade to your face to remove all the hair that grows there is unnatural. And there are limitations. You can’t just grow a ZZ Top beard. So it’s fine. I celebrated by not shaving today.

Unregistered
    Now that we have colored hair, beards and tattoos people will start complaining to allow earrings, nose jewerly, and vanity gold teeth. It won't be long before officers will look like 6ix9ine and lil wayne.
    Did you read the policy? It says it is a PRIVILEGE that can be removed from an individual. Better change that up fast. Are tattoos a privilege too? A professionally done hair color change to a different natural (black, brown, blonde) hair color that is not the real hair color? How about these crazy fingernails with all the colors and designs.
    I see a gender bias control here because nowhere in the policy does it say you can have use of fake nails and hair color taken away or that all the ink sleeves have to be physically removed (yes, some women have them), but they want to hold the beards over a man's head and a beard is natural.

Who makes the privilege decision?
    The first loss of privilege for a beard better have an attorney demanding a demotion from the commanding officer who initiated it. WTF? Penalizing someone to the point of forcing them to shave? What?
    Who is piloting this ship?

Unregistered
    Shaving is important for because it upholds a professional standard and promotes uniformity. One other reason shaving is important is because some equipment that requires a strong seal, such as a gas mask, work best with a clean shaven face. We are paramilitary.

Unregistered
    Can someone please explain why every male on MDPD is allowed to have a beard EXCEPT UNIFORM?

Why is MDPD behind other departments and the norms of society and many global cultures our community represents? We celebrate being multicultural, international, embracing this or that, but other departments with much much less diversity allow their males in uniform to have a beard.
    A beard is natural.

We allow females to dye their hair unnatural colors, put on a circus palette of nail colors and different nails on their hands are different colors and even fingernail to fingernail, fake and different colored hair extensions, more jewelry than a store display on their wrist and multiple earrings, pants so tight you can see the thong t-back, skirts and blouses so tight it 3 sizes to small, but no one say anyrhing.

Some get a beard memo from their doctor. Not a bad swap for a co-pay and getting a year of beard, but why? Just say it is your religion and everyone back off and approve and make sure they are accommodated. That is fine, but just let males have a beard.
    Sailor, A-ten-HUT! You will be clean shaven and you will render a crisp salute when I come within 6 paces of you. You will hold it until I either return the salute or walk 9 paces past you. Shape up or ship out.

Unregistered
    Can someone please explain why every male on MDPD is allowed to have a beard EXCEPT UNIFORM?

Why is MDPD behind other departments and the norms of society and many global cultures our community represents? We celebrate being multicultural, international, embracing this or that, but other departments with much much less diversity allow their males in uniform to have a beard.
    A beard is natural.

We allow females to dye their hair unnatural colors, put on a circus palette of nail colors and different nails on their hands are different colors and even fingernail to fingernail, fake and different colored hair extensions, more jewelry than a store display on their wrist and multiple earrings, pants so tight you can see the thong t-back, skirts and blouses so tight it 3 sizes to small, but no one say anyrhing.

Some get a beard memo from their doctor. Not a bad swap for a co-pay and getting a year of beard, but why? Just say it is your religion and everyone back off and approve and make sure they are accommodated. That is fine, but just let males have a beard.
    You all look like a bunch of rejects having a beard in uniform is so unprofessional. Hopefully the new sheriff will come in and get rid of half these uniforms the beards etc. We need to get back to looking professional and if you look professional maybe you will act professional.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast