An Open Letter to current Sheriff and Sheriff Candidate Gregory Tony
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Jenn B

An Open Letter to current Sheriff and Sheriff Candidate Gregory Tony

Sheriff Tony,
    I applaud your efforts for righting the many wrongs of the Broward Sheriff’s Office, but as a voting citizen of Broward County, I still remain doubtful to the conviction of your words. Are you really ready to hold each and every deputy accountable for bad policing as your campaign platform promises?
    I was a loyal and well-respected BSO employee for 13 years until, for reasons still unexplainable eight years later, I was seized in my Orlando hotel room by THREE ARMED, UNIFORMED BROWARD COUNTY DEPUTIES (a lieutenant and two sergeants) who had no warrant or jurisdiction, falsely arrested, driven home in the back of a BSO vehicle and untruthfully, yet VERY publicly, accused of embezzling over a million dollars through BSOs payroll system (to which I did not even have access, but they never asked).
    These Deputies involved and leading this “bad policing” event and horrific violation of my civil rights have admitted in depositions under oath that they used their official badges to find out my room number, entered my room without my consent, and required me to leave with them and return to Broward County. I was not told what crime I was accused of, read my rights, or even told not leaving with them was an option. Four years later, when IA was finally closing out the case, I was never afforded Garrity.
    Along with the rest of the citizens of Broward County, I learned that the Sheriff’s Office was accusing me of embezzling over a million in tax payer dollars. It was all over the local news, and made national news. https://www.nydailynews.com/fl-xpm-2...115-story.html
    The beginning of my experience with bad policing began during the 2012 Sheriff’s race between Al Lamberti and Scott Israel. While it occurred before you, it is still a very current issue in your Sheriff’s Office because the 3 deputies who falsely arrested me when there was no crime, the investigators and the civilian employees who have lied under oath and have conflicting information between sworn depositions, IA Sworn Statements, and affidavits are still employed at BSO and have not been held accountable . In fact, at least one lead investigator in the false embezzlement case against me has been promoted 3 times.
    The Investigators admit that they NEVER asked the Director of Finance if there was even any money missing (there wasn’t), or check with IT security to see if I had that access (I didn’t), but it did not stop the BSO investigators from requesting approval from a judge to subpoena my personal bank accounts (after the illegal seizure) for reasons of Grand Theft. If in doubt of these details, it’s all in the Investigative Report and case files. In April 2013, BSO’s own Public Corruption Unit investigated me and spent over $100,000.00 to hire a third party audit of the computer (which revealed nothing other than my innocence) and Detective Calabro said to close the case, but it was taken to the State Attorney Public Corruption Unit anyway, who also declined any charges due to lack of ANY evidence. These same BSO investigators, knowing what these salacious and false accusations were doing to me and my family, neglected to provide me a copy of the close out memo or let me know I was no longer under criminal investigation, but instead gave it to the Sun Sentinel (several months after BSO received the memo, of course), keeping the criminal case against me open, refusing to provide me (but not the press) any information on the IA investigation under the guise of an “open investigation“ for 2 years! There is, was and never any money missing. Ever!
    As you know Sheriff Tony, the internet is a place where lies and mistruths live forever. For the rest of my life, and my children’s lives, when my name is googled, it will ALWAYS link me to the embezzlement that BSO falsely accused me. I will never hold a computer management job again. False facts on the internet can never be corrected, even when we are innocent; these false facts narrated by deputies are there forever. You know this reality of forever on the internet all too well. What CAN happen however and what you say in your campaign should happen is for these deputies to be held accountable for their bad policing. Instead of defending their actions by falsely discrediting me with innuendos or by trying to justify their blatantly bad policing by asking for IMMUNITY, as your attorneys did this past month. Yes, this is still going on. In fact, under Sheriff Israel, BSO tried to purchase my claim against the BSO back from the trustee to avoid having to defend it or pay me. I have been defending my honor and trying to hold these deputies accountable ever since this happened, and no Sheriff has had the courage to do the right thing.
    BSO continues to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars defending and minimizing the behavior of the deputies, civilian employees, and investigators involved. Those legal costs are being funded under your watch, Sheriff Tony. Therefore, my question is: are you willing to address this bad policing too Sheriff Tony? Are you willing to hold the currently employed deputies, civilians and the Internal Affairs investigators accountable for vigilante justice, for violating my civil rights, ruining my reputation, for lying under oath, in depositions, in IA Statements, Affidavits, and legal pleadings, as recently as this month? Are you willing to stop spending money on attorneys to delay being held accountable for the bad policing that changed my life forever? That is the type of Sheriff I want to see leading the Broward County Sheriff’s Office. Are you that Sheriff, Gregory Tony? I certainly hope so, because Broward County Citizens deserve a Sheriff that can and will stand behind their words and convictions.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenn B View Post
    Sheriff Tony,
    I applaud your efforts for righting the many wrongs of the Broward Sheriff’s Office, but as a voting citizen of Broward County, I still remain doubtful to the conviction of your words. Are you really ready to hold each and every deputy accountable for bad policing as your campaign platform promises?
    I was a loyal and well-respected BSO employee for 13 years until, for reasons still unexplainable eight years later, I was seized in my Orlando hotel room by THREE ARMED, UNIFORMED BROWARD COUNTY DEPUTIES (a lieutenant and two sergeants) who had no warrant or jurisdiction, falsely arrested, driven home in the back of a BSO vehicle and untruthfully, yet VERY publicly, accused of embezzling over a million dollars through BSOs payroll system (to which I did not even have access, but they never asked).
    These Deputies involved and leading this “bad policing” event and horrific violation of my civil rights have admitted in depositions under oath that they used their official badges to find out my room number, entered my room without my consent, and required me to leave with them and return to Broward County. I was not told what crime I was accused of, read my rights, or even told not leaving with them was an option. Four years later, when IA was finally closing out the case, I was never afforded Garrity.
    Along with the rest of the citizens of Broward County, I learned that the Sheriff’s Office was accusing me of embezzling over a million in tax payer dollars. It was all over the local news, and made national news. https://www.nydailynews.com/fl-xpm-2...115-story.html
    The beginning of my experience with bad policing began during the 2012 Sheriff’s race between Al Lamberti and Scott Israel. While it occurred before you, it is still a very current issue in your Sheriff’s Office because the 3 deputies who falsely arrested me when there was no crime, the investigators and the civilian employees who have lied under oath and have conflicting information between sworn depositions, IA Sworn Statements, and affidavits are still employed at BSO and have not been held accountable . In fact, at least one lead investigator in the false embezzlement case against me has been promoted 3 times.
    The Investigators admit that they NEVER asked the Director of Finance if there was even any money missing (there wasn’t), or check with IT security to see if I had that access (I didn’t), but it did not stop the BSO investigators from requesting approval from a judge to subpoena my personal bank accounts (after the illegal seizure) for reasons of Grand Theft. If in doubt of these details, it’s all in the Investigative Report and case files. In April 2013, BSO’s own Public Corruption Unit investigated me and spent over $100,000.00 to hire a third party audit of the computer (which revealed nothing other than my innocence) and Detective Calabro said to close the case, but it was taken to the State Attorney Public Corruption Unit anyway, who also declined any charges due to lack of ANY evidence. These same BSO investigators, knowing what these salacious and false accusations were doing to me and my family, neglected to provide me a copy of the close out memo or let me know I was no longer under criminal investigation, but instead gave it to the Sun Sentinel (several months after BSO received the memo, of course), keeping the criminal case against me open, refusing to provide me (but not the press) any information on the IA investigation under the guise of an “open investigation“ for 2 years! There is, was and never any money missing. Ever!
    As you know Sheriff Tony, the internet is a place where lies and mistruths live forever. For the rest of my life, and my children’s lives, when my name is googled, it will ALWAYS link me to the embezzlement that BSO falsely accused me. I will never hold a computer management job again. False facts on the internet can never be corrected, even when we are innocent; these false facts narrated by deputies are there forever. You know this reality of forever on the internet all too well. What CAN happen however and what you say in your campaign should happen is for these deputies to be held accountable for their bad policing. Instead of defending their actions by falsely discrediting me with innuendos or by trying to justify their blatantly bad policing by asking for IMMUNITY, as your attorneys did this past month. Yes, this is still going on. In fact, under Sheriff Israel, BSO tried to purchase my claim against the BSO back from the trustee to avoid having to defend it or pay me. I have been defending my honor and trying to hold these deputies accountable ever since this happened, and no Sheriff has had the courage to do the right thing.
    BSO continues to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars defending and minimizing the behavior of the deputies, civilian employees, and investigators involved. Those legal costs are being funded under your watch, Sheriff Tony. Therefore, my question is: are you willing to address this bad policing too Sheriff Tony? Are you willing to hold the currently employed deputies, civilians and the Internal Affairs investigators accountable for vigilante justice, for violating my civil rights, ruining my reputation, for lying under oath, in depositions, in IA Statements, Affidavits, and legal pleadings, as recently as this month? Are you willing to stop spending money on attorneys to delay being held accountable for the bad policing that changed my life forever? That is the type of Sheriff I want to see leading the Broward County Sheriff’s Office. Are you that Sheriff, Gregory Tony? I certainly hope so, because Broward County Citizens deserve a Sheriff that can and will stand behind their words and convictions.
    You’re recourse isn’t with Toney, it’s with the civil courts and a lawsuit. This guy is a fraud you are barking up the wrong tree looking for help.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenn B View Post
    Sheriff Tony,
    How come after all that you didn't sign your name?? How is the rocket scientist of a Sheriff going to know who to inquire about??? So if the Sheriff say’s he is going to look into this he has your vote??? Don’t be stupid, vote this clown out. I am sure you have some high priced attorneys working on retainer because you should see a big payday just continue to I be patient. Big lawsuits take time. Why dont you out all the investigators, since I am sure it’s public record???

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You’re recourse isn’t with Toney, it’s with the civil courts and a lawsuit. This guy is a fraud you are barking up the wrong tree looking for help.
    I am specifically asking about his campaign promises as a voter in the county for the upcoming Sheriffs elections. This is an issue that affects each and every citizen. There are active deputies who have lied on sworn and legal documents. And we, as citizens, are supposed to just be okay with that? Gregory Tony said he is righting the wrongs. Clearly not all of them?

Unregistered
    How come after all that you didn't sign your name?? How is the rocket scientist of a Sheriff going to know who to inquire about??? So if the Sheriff say’s he is going to look into this he has your vote??? Don’t be stupid, vote this clown out. I am sure you have some high priced attorneys working on retainer because you should see a big payday just continue to I be patient. Big lawsuits take time. Why dont you out all the investigators, since I am sure it’s public record???
    I did include my name. Hope you aren’t a detective. 😊

Jenn B. Full name Jennifer Bakowski.

My ongoing litigation is public record, as well as the IA statements, depositions and affidavits as well as the names in my case. Feel free to pull the names and depos. They are quite compelling.

Signed,

Jennifer Bakowski

Unregistered
    I am specifically asking about his campaign promises as a voter in the county for the upcoming Sheriffs elections. This is an issue that affects each and every citizen. There are active deputies who have lied on sworn and legal documents. And we, as citizens, are supposed to just be okay with that? Gregory Tony said he is righting the wrongs. Clearly not all of them?
    Toney has blatantly lied on sworn affidavits and documents? Are you this misinformed? And this is who you think is going to right a wrong? You’re an idiot.

Unregistered
    Jen, the only thing this dump responds to are lawsuits and money. Taking you at your word, what took place in that hotel room are federal violations. Get a big cigar smoking attorney and get paid. This filthy mutt doing anything for you or anyone, just won't happen. I'm familiar with your story. Give "em hell!

Ps- vote for anyone but Toney

Unregistered
    Toney has blatantly lied on sworn affidavits and documents? Are you this misinformed? And this is who you think is going to right a wrong? You’re an idiot.
    Wow. Big fancy words you are using and name calling. You must be fun at parties.

No help is being asked. If you are referring to my justice, that is done in the court of law because no Sheriff has had the courage to take responsibility. It’s pretty egregious . You can check it out. It’s all public record

I am SPECIFICALLY talking about holding deputies accountable for bad policing as he has promised to do so.

Unregistered
    Jen, the only thing this dump responds to are lawsuits and money. Taking you at your word, what took place in that hotel room are federal violations. Get a big cigar smoking attorney and get paid. This filthy mutt doing anything for you or anyone, just won't happen. I'm familiar with your story. Give "em hell!

Ps- vote for anyone but Toney
    Oh I am giving them hell, thanks for the tip.

Not asking for help from him other than to be a good Sheriff for me and my family as residents in Broward County. The same I would ask and am asking if any candidate. I am asking if he will stand by his campaign promise of cleaning up bad policing. As for the violations you mentioned, I have my case nice and tight. She doesn’t smoke a cigar but I will mention this tip to her too.

Unregistered
    Good luck Jen

Hopefully sheriff Tony helps you out when he wins

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast