BWCs and LABOR LAWS - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Money can never be more valuable than happiness...great advice, now take it yourself and fukkin quit!! Go work at Lowe’s or Pizza Hut, you miserable sonuvabiitch! Less money but it will be rainbows and sunshine all day!

A society destroyed from within blah blah blah. Quit trying to sound smart. You’re a blue collar worker so let go of your fantasy that you’re some kind of intellectual. You’re no wiser than the people who clean the toilets or change the oil. If you were so smart, somebody would recognize your genius and promote you. You’re so smart that they would have to overlook your personality and character flaws because your intellect is so superior. But you’re not all that smart, are you Gump?!
    I already took my own advice and quit years ago to start my own business, but thank you so much for reaffirming everything I wrote. And yes, this place is imploding from within.

Unregistered
    Business in the private sector would never put up with this? Biitch, are you serious? My wife is a mid level salaried employee in a business that is booming right now. She is working from home right now, is one helluva team player, and works hours extra every day just to keep from getting behind. She makes less than $50K and never gets OT.

You whiners act like you better get paid the second you get in the car, til you pull back in your driveway. If you hate it so much, PLEASE go elsewhere! Just be advised, other LEO agencies and the public sector are similar. You will always be that whiny biitch no matter where you land.
    Good for her. Don't care. Unlike your wife who is a salaried employee and generally exempt from overtime, I am an hourly employee and also qualify for overtime. So yes, as soon as I am in service for calls, I am getting paid. Any time I am doing something officially for the office, I am getting paid. Don't care if it's overtime or flex. If that's no good, feel free to promote me to major and put me on a salary.

Even at this shithole, I find it hard to believe any supervisor is ordering an employee to do ISD/garage/whatever uncompensated. They might have told you to go on your day off after two hours of sleep and I sympathize, but log your hours and either flex it or get paid.

As a semi-related example, I have had many a supervisor tell me I had to flex my court time. I just smiled, cleared my throat, and politely directed their attention to the timekeeping SOP which states court time must be compensated unless the employee chooses to flex. So far, I've gotten paid every time these past 15 years and no one has retaliated against me. You can put out a mistake without being a **** about it. This office loves its rules. Make the rules work for you.

And since it doesn't seem like anyone read the BWC SOP, you need to charge your cam and upload the videos at the end of the shift. ISD and the vendor did their magic and supposedly most of the labeling will be pre-filled from CAD. Anything that doesn't work needs to be filled in or corrected during the next shift. Not at home. Not off duty. It's literally in black and white. If you're watching the video to help you write the report, like SOP encourages you to do, you're working on a report and getting paid. The only thing it says about time keeping is you're not going to be paid for travel time to and from the district. So roll into the district at 1900 or whenever like you always do for temp check/roll call/gas and grab the camera. Then at the end of the shift when you're dropping off evidence and uploading Veripic, dock the camera. You're doing work. It takes 10 seconds to put the thing in. And, if you get a call at 0659, pick the cam back up and go back to work. You're getting paid to work a call. Then come back to the D, drop your paperwork and evidence and stuff, and dock the camera again and put in OT for the late call.

I get it. I think BWCs are political crap and I don't trust for a moment that supervisors won't review it to look for violations and people won't live stream the camera against the rules. It happened while we were testing them. But complaining about travel time and getting paid is really focusing on the wrong issue. The issues with cameras are so much larger. Ask the two officers in Atlanta.

If I can say one positive thing about Docobo, and it pains me to do so, that man was 100% right on cameras. The citizens in the county used to trust and love the SO, it costs too damn much money to store that data for years, and it's a privacy nightmare.

PS, cannot wait to be on YouTube taking a crap at the substation during 40. I'm proud of the work I do there.

Unregistered
    Good for her. Don't care. Unlike your wife who is a salaried employee and generally exempt from overtime, I am an hourly employee and also qualify for overtime. So yes, as soon as I am in service for calls, I am getting paid. Any time I am doing something officially for the office, I am getting paid. Don't care if it's overtime or flex. If that's no good, feel free to promote me to major and put me on a salary.

Even at this shithole, I find it hard to believe any supervisor is ordering an employee to do ISD/garage/whatever uncompensated. They might have told you to go on your day off after two hours of sleep and I sympathize, but log your hours and either flex it or get paid.

As a semi-related example, I have had many a supervisor tell me I had to flex my court time. I just smiled, cleared my throat, and politely directed their attention to the timekeeping SOP which states court time must be compensated unless the employee chooses to flex. So far, I've gotten paid every time these past 15 years and no one has retaliated against me. You can put out a mistake without being a **** about it. This office loves its rules. Make the rules work for you.

And since it doesn't seem like anyone read the BWC SOP, you need to charge your cam and upload the videos at the end of the shift. ISD and the vendor did their magic and supposedly most of the labeling will be pre-filled from CAD. Anything that doesn't work needs to be filled in or corrected during the next shift. Not at home. Not off duty. It's literally in black and white. If you're watching the video to help you write the report, like SOP encourages you to do, you're working on a report and getting paid. The only thing it says about time keeping is you're not going to be paid for travel time to and from the district. So roll into the district at 1900 or whenever like you always do for temp check/roll call/gas and grab the camera. Then at the end of the shift when you're dropping off evidence and uploading Veripic, dock the camera. You're doing work. It takes 10 seconds to put the thing in. And, if you get a call at 0659, pick the cam back up and go back to work. You're getting paid to work a call. Then come back to the D, drop your paperwork and evidence and stuff, and dock the camera again and put in OT for the late call.

I get it. I think BWCs are political crap and I don't trust for a moment that supervisors won't review it to look for violations and people won't live stream the camera against the rules. It happened while we were testing them. But complaining about travel time and getting paid is really focusing on the wrong issue. The issues with cameras are so much larger. Ask the two officers in Atlanta.

If I can say one positive thing about Docobo, and it pains me to do so, that man was 100% right on cameras. The citizens in the county used to trust and love the SO, it costs too damn much money to store that data for years, and it's a privacy nightmare.

PS, cannot wait to be on YouTube taking a crap at the substation during 40. I'm proud of the work I do there.
    Quit trying to sound smart. You write 1500-word paragraphs on a fukcing anonymous message board. Really?! Get a grip on reality and make better use of your time, hayseed. I can assure you there are no more than two or three twits who waste their time doing anything more than skimming over your twisted manifestos.

Unregistered
    Quit trying to sound smart. You write 1500-word paragraphs on a fukcing anonymous message board. Really?! Get a grip on reality and make better use of your time, hayseed. I can assure you there are no more than two or three twits who waste their time doing anything more than skimming over your twisted manifestos.
    Funny how this guy thinks it’s just one person writing these post and starting these threads. Pay attention to small differences. We are all piggy backing off each other. Half the time I’m defending and answering for other posters while they do the same for me.

Unregistered
    Funny how this guy thinks it’s just one person writing these post and starting these threads. Pay attention to small differences. We are all piggy backing off each other. Half the time I’m defending and answering for other posters while they do the same for me.
    Funny how you assume everyone here is a guy.

Unregistered
    Calm your tits, and get your panties out of a wad!

If it's required to be done before the end of the shift, then 30 minutes before the end of your shif, log "10-6 BWC" and head home and do this administrative task until the end of your shift. Or, do it at the District. Problem solved.

If you run over the 30 minutes you give yourself to finish this administrative task, put "BWC" in the comments section of your overtime comment on Kronos. Again, problem solved. They will probably have us do this at the end of the shift, so that at the beginning of your next shift you can direct deploy, instead of still being at home (in a different county for example) at the beginning of your next shift.

What are they gonna do, say "no overtime for working past the end of your shift?" Even Chad wouldn't try that. Once everybody does this, including Cpls. and Sgts., the office can't fight it, not that they would fight it anyway.

Any time you stop for a 501 before the beginning of your shift, you should be putting in for overtime. I do that every time I get one traveling to or from work, probably 1-2 times a pay period. Just put the case # in Kronos. No one has ever questioned me about it. Because all the potential questions are answered with the case number, which they can use to pull up all of the information about working overtime.
    How exactly do you “calm your teets?”

Unregistered
    How exactly do you “calm your teets?”
    You start by getting your panties out of a wad prolly

Unregistered

So in love with your response...hope you ain't voting for CC.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456