BWCs and LABOR LAWS - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What if the poster does consult with an attorney? That’s his right but I’m sure the SO would come after him. That would just bring about lawsuit number 6 or 7 and counting. Idiot!
    Im on the edge of quitting as it is. Why not go to a lawyer? Let them blacklist me and play their games. Stuff like this has gone on long enough. It doesn’t matter if they come after me with their target me games. Im my mind, I have already quit or lost this job years ago. I have considered myself a day laborer for a long time. Every day I get paid is just a bonus. I been preparing for a loss in pay for a while. This job has not been guaranteed to any of us for years. Why not go out while addressing a big issue like this. After years of them not listening or caring. You should really get to know your zone units as real people and listen to what they really have to say. Not the scripted lies everyone walks around saying because they don’t want to be blacklisted.

Unregistered
    Solution: STFU and quit if you don’t like it. And this clown that asked if a labor law attorney should be consulted...go ahead, hero. We dare you to try it. Be the first tough guy to try it.
    Read the federal ruling under Garcia, trust you smart enough to look it up.

Unregistered
    I have absolutely no issue driving home from the district. Most everybody commutes to work and back. I don’t need to be home right at log off. Im fine with that. I am not bringing that invasion of privacy device into my house. There is NO SUCH THING AS OFF when it comes to a device like that sitting in my house. A computer with a camera and microphone is NEVER OFF. Ask our SID guys about cell phones that still record when turned “off”. Im especially not linking that POS BWC to any of my personal devices, like they will volunteer us to do later of face consequences. I sure as hell will be doing no evidence processing at my home off the clock.

I expect to be given time to process my video evidence at the district, log off, and head home.

If we get a late call, like we do every day because that is cheaper than hiring more units, overtime will include that late call along with BWC processing. Driving home off the clock is just fine with me, even though driving in a marked car in uniform deters crime and puts us on stand by for an on view call which is AKA... WORKING. Not to mention being a target to people and an open invite for anyone to run up and report a crime..

Unregistered
    I actually don't mind the cameras I just don't want them to be turned down the whole time. if something important is about to happen then yeah turn the camera on. I have nothing to hide. the only problem with having them on the whole time is our discretion is gone so everybody gets to go to jail.
    You are using logic. It is forbidden at the HCSO.

Unregistered
    If you feel you have a case, do it. Stop being scared.
    Waiting to document damages. Thanks though.

Unregistered
    If you feel you have a case, do it. Stop being scared.
    HCSO: the only place in the world that encourages people to sue and then bullies people for taking them up on the offer.

Obviously people will actually do it, or we wouldn’t have so many deputy lawsuits.

A novel idea would be to stop mistreating your employees, so they don’t want to to sue you.

Unregistered
    What about those of us being told we need to come in on our days off to get our new CC Dell computer? This is taking 2-3 hours to get taken care of, and ISD only does them between 0900 and 1100 hours.

We have been told we can’t alter our hours and work 0930 to 2130 if we are on night shift because we are too short handed.

We have been told we can’t get OT because it’s considered training.

The only option we were given is to come in for free on our days off.

What is the legality of that?

Unregistered
    What about those of us being told we need to come in on our days off to get our new CC Dell computer? This is taking 2-3 hours to get taken care of, and ISD only does them between 0900 and 1100 hours.

We have been told we can’t alter our hours and work 0930 to 2130 if we are on night shift because we are too short handed.

We have been told we can’t get OT because it’s considered training.

The only option we were given is to come in for free on our days off.

What is the legality of that?

Geeeez Louiseeeeee.

Then flex those hours! If they won't let you flex, then put in for overtime. The Sheriff's Office will not allow you to falsify your timecard. They will pay you for every hour you worked, even if some of your hours were nonstandard for you.

Unregistered
    Oh yeah? How about have a chat with zone zone deputies at certain districts. The ones that have already been told that no overtime will be paid for this process.

Also, apply the same mentality at reports and evidence processing. The HCSO’s unclear obscure policies state that all reports and admin work will be done by the end of the shift and also calls will be taken to the end of the shift. That is already a major stress and impossible to do. Now add this BWC process.

We are using logic based on how this agency has been doing business and applying it.

Do you really see all the 0600 or 0700 or 1800 or 1900 units going out of service to process BWC footage? Do you thing our half ass mid shift will be able to cover for day shift? Do you think night shift will have time with how god damn busy we have been dealing with these insane degenerates? Its non stop call and barely any of us plus our disconnected uncaring brass that can care less if we go home late without pay or if we work from home without pay. This is truly an issue.

If no O.T. will be paid for this process, then don't do it after your shift. Wait until the next shift. When your next shift starts, log "10-6 BWC." Done.

If there is absolutely no time to do this during your shift, you have to make time. Log "10-6 BWC" so you don't get dispatched. If a supervisor tells you to get 10-8 or take a call (they won't), then get 10-8 and take a call. After the squad is 7 days behind uploading the footage, the Major is going to want to know why. That shiiit will stop real quick.

Quit stressing over it, this is not your problem. The office HAD TO HAVE cameras, so it's the office's problem. Start acting like it!

Unregistered
    Geeeez Louiseeeeee.

Then flex those hours! If they won't let you flex, then put in for overtime. The Sheriff's Office will not allow you to falsify your timecard. They will pay you for every hour you worked, even if some of your hours were nonstandard for you.
    Did you read the post? We can’t flex and we can’t take OT. We can’t adjust our hours. The hours are during the day, so night shift is being screwed. We were told to come in on our days off for free. Learn to read!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast