BWCs and LABOR LAWS - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Did you read the post? We can’t flex and we can’t take OT. We can’t adjust our hours. The hours are during the day, so night shift is being screwed. We were told to come in on our days off for free. Learn to read!

I'm calling Bullshiiit. No one told you this.

If you have to come in on your day off, put in for overtime no matter who told you to falsify your timecard. Do not falsify your timecard. If you came in on your day off, you are REQUIRED to document this in Kronos! Put it in KRONOS and tell whoever told you not to, that you will not approve your timecard until it is accurate.

Unregistered

If you have to come in on your day off, put in for overtime no matter who told you to falsify your timecard. Do not falsify your timecard. If you came in on your day off, you are REQUIRED to document this in Kronos! Put it in KRONOS and tell whoever told you not to, that you will not approve your timecard until it is accurate.
    Really? You work here and don’t believe someone told deputies to come in on their own time? You must not have worked here very long then.

Unregistered
    I actually don't mind the cameras I just don't want them to be turned down the whole time. if something important is about to happen then yeah turn the camera on. I have nothing to hide. the only problem with having them on the whole time is our discretion is gone so everybody gets to go to jail.
    Yup, we will have no discretion and won’t be able to come up with a peaceful solution. Arrests numbers will go up. Also, the increased chances of uses of force because of more arrests. All on camera. Set up to fail is what we are. See, contrary to popular belief, the agency loves its stats and forces us to make things official and make arrests. We get in trouble mostly for not charging and not arresting. Certain districts are not allowed to direct file. Sometimes that is necessary to not complicate things. Especially on BS cases. Again, this agency does not have a good enough of a relationship with its deputies for body cameras.

Its like putting a body camera on a rebellious juvenile to keep him in check, but the camera catches his parents emotional abusing him instead.

This will backfire.

Unregistered
    What about those of us being told we need to come in on our days off to get our new CC Dell computer? This is taking 2-3 hours to get taken care of, and ISD only does them between 0900 and 1100 hours.

We have been told we can’t alter our hours and work 0930 to 2130 if we are on night shift because we are too short handed.

We have been told we can’t get OT because it’s considered training.

The only option we were given is to come in for free on our days off.

What is the legality of that?
    The same legality issue as the BWCs evidence processing after our logoff. Why do you allow it? Because of that unsaid secret blacklisting threat. Because they keep patrol so miserable to maintain control of us. So they can pull that crap because they know everyone is desperate to get off patrol and do not want to be blacklisted and get stuck on patrol so they just sit there and eat shiit. The problem is many are fed up now and just do not care anymore. I don’t know what district you are in or who your supervisors are, but If they are making you come in on your own time to perform a mandatory work function and not get paid or flex off, then the supervisor or whoever ordered that IS A PIECE OF ****ING SHIIT!!! What would happen if you did not partake in the new computer process? You would be put on one of their little biitch asss lists and told it is mandatory. Well if it’s mandatory, then we should get paid overtime or flex if on nights. Its not our fault this piece of shiit agency keeps us so short handed. Its not our problem If some supervisor wants to keep the overtime down. Im sick of this crap and so are many others. Its like that want everyone to quit.

Unregistered
    The same legality issue as the BWCs evidence processing after our logoff. Why do you allow it? Because of that unsaid secret blacklisting threat. Because they keep patrol so miserable to maintain control of us. So they can pull that crap because they know everyone is desperate to get off patrol and do not want to be blacklisted and get stuck on patrol so they just sit there and eat shiit. The problem is many are fed up now and just do not care anymore. I don’t know what district you are in or who your supervisors are, but If they are making you come in on your own time to perform a mandatory work function and not get paid or flex off, then the supervisor or whoever ordered that IS A PIECE OF ****ING SHIIT!!! What would happen if you did not partake in the new computer process? You would be put on one of their little biitch asss lists and told it is mandatory. Well if it’s mandatory, then we should get paid overtime or flex if on nights. Its not our fault this piece of shiit agency keeps us so short handed. Its not our problem If some supervisor wants to keep the overtime down. Im sick of this crap and so are many others. Its like that want everyone to quit.
    OMG either put in for overtime on your time card, or be a wuss and don't. If you put in for overtime, the office will either give you time and a half, or tell you to flex off. Stop bittcchhhiinnggggg. If you're too scared to put the actual hours you worked on your time card, you only have yourself to blame. Go ahead and falsify your time card then. Either way shut the hell up.... Jumping Jehoshaphat!

Unregistered

Exactly BUT.... Can you imagine how miserable the rest of that deputy’s career will be? Or at a minimum while he or she works for that chain of command?

I have done work things things in the past without pay. Many times over my career. Like a dumb asss, I did it. Not no more. I have some making up to do. Time to do the least possible and make easy money for as long as I can. Until I get fired or quit. Making it to full retirement just can not happen. Not with this 30 year garbage.

Besides, everyone hates cops now more than ever and think police agencies are all shady. Any new job manager we apply to will believe that we quit or got fired because the agency was crooked or whatever. Add how there is so much more violence and danger out there now and new employers will just feel bad for us. Granted these pisss poor police certificates, training, and experience means absolute crap in the real world, but if you find a place that is willing to hire you, having quit this shiit agency or having been fired from it, with proper wording, will mean NOTHING!

Unregistered
    Exactly BUT.... Can you imagine how miserable the rest of that deputy’s career will be? Or at a minimum while he or she works for that chain of command?

This the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office. That means this will happen ANYWAY. It is going to happen. You will be blacklisted, especially if you are afraid to stand up for yourself. If you're not afraid to stand up for yourself, you will be black listed anyway, but you wont give a shiiiit. Fuk em!

So for all you young deputies that are afraid of this, go ahead and get it out of the way now. Then you can relax the rest of your career here knowing you are ALREADY on the blacklist...SO WHAT.....??? After all, what are they gonna do to you next, put you on patrol???? You're already there.

Don't give the office this power over you.

Unregistered
    OMG either put in for overtime on your time card, or be a wuss and don't. If you put in for overtime, the office will either give you time and a half, or tell you to flex off. Stop bittcchhhiinnggggg. If you're too scared to put the actual hours you worked on your time card, you only have yourself to blame. Go ahead and falsify your time card then. Either way shut the hell up.... Jumping Jehoshaphat!

THANK YOU for posting what you, and the rest of us adults, are thinking.

Unregistered
    Really? You work here and don’t believe someone told deputies to come in on their own time? You must not have worked here very long then.
    Ain’t that the truth LOL

Unregistered
    Coming in our your day off and not understanding how to properly document your time card when you are in the office on your day off, are two different issues. It sounds like some in the office need clarification on both points.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast