3 decades? Can’t be done. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered
    God Bless you, thank you for your service.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey my brother or sister, let me give you some positive vibes. And to preface what I am about to say, I work in patrol in a busy district on day shift.

Despite being short, we at HCSO have it pretty damn good. Being in the busy district I’m in I rarely ever get off late. The only times I get off late are typically when I have a recruit and it is earlier in their training since they sometimes write slow.

We get paid very well for what we actually do. We have great benefits and can take care of our families well. We are in a profession that is recession and COVID proof pertaining to job security. We have great equipment. We are made of mostly of hard working great people, especially on the front lines on the road and in the jail.

Are things perfect, no. Do I wish I could move around and try new things in the office, sure. But it could be a lot worse. Try not to look at it as oh I have 22 years to go but try to look at it as having Monday then Friday or Monday Wednesday and then Friday every other week. The years fly by on the patrol schedule. When COVID is not a factor take vacations. Stay positive and stay safe. Being negative will only make the bad things feel even worse.

Appreciate the good supervisors and deputies you work with and for when they come your way. Try to learn from the bad ones.

Despite the frequent swings of the pendulum of whether people hate or love us, this is a great and honorable profession. Don’t forget the hard work you put in to be where you are. I have to remind myself of that sometimes. Don’t let anyone run you away from this profession.

To those who have retired God bless you and please enjoy your retirement. Thank you for what you have done. For those looking to come into the profession welcome aboard.

Happiness is a state of mind that we can control.
    Cool story bro.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123