Sarasota Sheriff Election on August 18 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I guess. Just stuff I've been hearing rumors of. Supposed 4% for us.
    I’m pretty sure you’re smart enough to understand that, it’s a ploy to keep us entertained enough to re-elect Billy. I’m pretty sure you have witness the low man power and low morale plaguing us. I’ll have to get the real numbers but I think it’s like over 800 employee turn over rate since he’s been our Sheriff. That’s almost the entire agency. Why not vote him out and vote in someone that actually has experience, and knows us, who has walked in all our shoes and is willing to fight for us. I would love to see the nepotism end and have a fair shot in everything including promotions across the board. Wouldn’t you? How about better pay and Permanent shifts. Don’t you find it weird that now is election time that the Sheriff is coming out with promises he should have done in the last eight years but hasn't. Not sure about you but I don’t intend to work another fours years with ole Billy, if a new Sheriff isn’t elected, I’m out.

Unregistered
    I’m pretty sure you’re smart enough to understand that, it’s a ploy to keep us entertained enough to re-elect Billy. I’m pretty sure you have witness the low man power and low morale plaguing us. I’ll have to get the real numbers but I think it’s like over 800 employee turn over rate since he’s been our Sheriff. That’s almost the entire agency. Why not vote him out and vote in someone that actually has experience, and knows us, who has walked in all our shoes and is willing to fight for us. I would love to see the nepotism end and have a fair shot in everything including promotions across the board. Wouldn’t you? How about better pay and Permanent shifts. Don’t you find it weird that now is election time that the Sheriff is coming out with promises he should have done in the last eight years but hasn't. Not sure about you but I don’t intend to work another fours years with ole Billy, if a new Sheriff isn’t elected, I’m out.
    I don't know. This is the only place that would hire me and even then it was like pulling teeth... I feel like I want out of here but don't know where to go.

Unregistered
    I don't know. This is the only place that would hire me and even then it was like pulling teeth... I feel like I want out of here but don't know where to go.
    Try North Port Police or Collier County SO

Unregistered

Do not leave prior to getting vested, unless the agency you are moving to is also FRS.

Unregistered
    Don't leave the department just yet. Things will eventually get better. You do have advancement opportunities here.
    We have speciality unit options as well...

Don't get hung up on direct of patrols.

Unregistered
    Don't leave the department just yet. Things will eventually get better. You do have advancement opportunities here.
    We have speciality unit options as well...

Don't get hung up on direct of patrols.
    Yup, stay. Make sure you contribute to the Sheriffs campaign and you might have a chance. Or vote him out so we can get our eight years back and be back to normal. It’s up to you.

Unregistered
    Yup, stay. Make sure you contribute to the Sheriffs campaign and you might have a chance. Or vote him out so we can get our eight years back and be back to normal. It’s up to you.
    Any comments on how I can be moved closer to where I live? Change districts..

Unregistered

Exclamation Sheriffs Election in Sarasota County: Vote by August 18!

Here is an article from the way-back machine about a command staff member (Captain John Walsh) encouraging a deputy to lie under oath during an official internal investigation:

https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...pg=2327,389314
    Sheriff Tom Knight said he promoted John Walsh as part of his “succession plan” for the Sarasota Sheriff’s Office. Knight’s “succession plan” includes the following promotions into his command staff:

• Captain John Walsh, who lied under oath and then encouraged another deputy (Mark Macale) to lie under oath for him during an official internal investigation. The Sarasota-Herald Tribune article is scrubbed from the Tribune website, but it is still posted at the above link at google.news.com.
    • Colonel Kurt Hoffman, who lied under oath during an official lie detector test.
    • Lieutenant Dan Tutko, who as a supervisor, asked a subordinate deputy to lie during a K9 sniff at a traffic stop (link to memorialized article is available upon request).

Knight’s “succession plan” comments are scrubbed from the Sarasota Herald-Tribune website. However, to see a memorialized copy of his comments, click on this link and scroll to the bottom of the page:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xuH...ew?usp=sharing

Here is the original Sarasota Herald-Tribune link that is scrubbed of Knight's "succession plan" comments. But beware – the H-T link has previously had vicious malware attached to it – so click on it at your own risk:
    http://crimeandcourts.blogs.heraldtr...eriffs-office/

Knight’s “succession plan” involves promoting vetted liars who have documented records of lying. You cannot make this stuff up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12