Mookie - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mookie

Unregistered

I like Mook

I always liked Mike ********. I worked with him when he was in Traffic and when he was in SIB. I trusted him and he was great backup. I liked and worked with his brother who was in FDLE. He was a great guy too. I also went to court against his other brother who was an attorney at the time and I thought he was a good guy too. Mike took a promotion that everyone of you would have taken if offered. The other IA guys Friel, Freeman, and Crepeau used to have the same things said about them. I am not sure its the person but it definitely is the position.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I always liked Mike ********. I worked with him when he was in Traffic and when he was in SIB. I trusted him and he was great backup. I liked and worked with his brother who was in FDLE. He was a great guy too. I also went to court against his other brother who was an attorney at the time and I thought he was a good guy too. Mike took a promotion that everyone of you would have taken if offered. The other IA guys Friel, Freeman, and Crepeau used to have the same things said about them. I am not sure its the person but it definitely is the position.
    The problem is he doesn’t treat people fair he does what he is told. He stands for nothing.

Unregistered
    That is not true.

Mike Mercurio could not pass a written promotional test, so he was promoted to sergeant and then to lieutenant by the sheriff to be in IA. Are you saying that anybody else who is unable to pass a written promotional test would also have taken the promotion like Mercurio did? Since he could not legitimately pass a promotional test, Mercurio became "politically beholden" to the sheriff to swing IA conclusions in pre-determined directions that the sheriff wants, regardless of ethics.

I also like Mercurio, but that is not the moral or legal issue. The problem is that if an IA is pre-determined by Knight or Hoffman... before the official IA investigation begins... then Mercurio is morally culpable when he swings an IA in the pre-determined direction that Knight or Hoffman want. That's not ethical. So while I like Mercurio on a personal level, I do not like him on a professional, legal or moral level. Good behavior must flow from the top down and Mercurio is just a "middleman," henchman or hitman for Knight's or Hoffman's pre-determined backroom decisions. Mercurio is an "enabler for unethical pre-investigatory determinations" that are frequently made in locked offices where decisions are based on emotions and politics instead of investigatory facts.

Pre-determined IA outcomes are not kosher. Mercurio is a part of that equation. Therein lies the problem that people don't respect. Why not run a political-free investigation that is based on facts alone (and not twisting facts with twisted untruths) and then let the chips fall where they may? ANSWER: Because that is not suitable for Knight or Hoffman.

A good investigator always always always strives for the truth alone. A dishonest investigator strives to make a case fit a pre-determined political outcome to suit Knight, Hoffman or whoever.

Unregistered
    < snip >

I also like Mercurio, but that is not the moral or legal issue. The problem is that if an IA is pre-determined by Knight or Hoffman... before the official IA investigation begins... then Mercurio is morally culpable when he swings an IA in the pre-determined direction that Knight or Hoffman want. That's not ethical. So while I like Mercurio on a personal level, I do not like him on a professional, legal or moral level. Good behavior must flow from the top down and Mercurio is just a "middleman," henchman or hitman for Knight's or Hoffman's pre-determined backroom decisions. Mercurio is an "enabler for unethical pre-investigatory determinations" that are frequently made in locked offices where decisions are based on emotions and politics instead of investigatory facts.

Pre-determined IA outcomes are not kosher. Mercurio is a part of that equation. Therein lies the problem that people don't respect. Why not run a political-free investigation that is based on facts alone (and not twisting facts with twisted untruths) and then let the chips fall where they may? ANSWER: Because that is not suitable for Knight or Hoffman.

A good investigator always always always strives for the truth alone. A dishonest investigator strives to make a case fit a pre-determined political outcome to suit Knight, Hoffman or whoever.
    When Mercurio was a relatively new IA investigator, he went to in-service training to explain to deputies how IA works. He told us he can swing an investigatory outcome in any direction that the sheriff wants – and he gave us an example of how he does it.

At that time, Larry Dunklee was the sheriff’s righthand man (today it is Kurt Hoffman). A battery accusation (criminal) and sexual harassment complaint (civil) was made against Dunklee. This is exactly how Mercurio said he swung the IA in the direction that the command staff wanted it to go:

• VICTIM’S STATEMENT (JANE DOE):
      While walking down the hallway, Larry Dunklee stopped me and he pinned me up against the wall with his body and he tried to kiss me. I pushed him off of me.
    • MERCURIO’S TWISTING OF FACTS TO SWING INVESTIGATION:
      While walking down the hallway, Larry Dunklee brushed passed Jane Doe.

That is how Mercurio said he covered for Dunklee and arrived at a pre-determined IA outcome by twisting the facts to alter the perception of anyone who read the report. This immoral investigatory tactic has been used many times in several different hot potato cases – and Tom Knight and Kurt Hoffman have deftly employed Mercurio’s services to achieve their pre-determined IA outcomes in select cases. It’s not about the truth, but it’s about perception. You must know how to twist the truth into something that it is not. It’s a word game – and if you have political and legal power, then you can get away with it.

If Kurt Hoffman wins the next election, this immoral tactic will continue, as it has under their instructional management for many years.

Unregistered
    The only issue I have with Mike is that somewhere along the way he lost his integrity. Yea I see you smiling and shaking you head Mook but it’s true guy. You changed and sold out. For what? A few bucks? Enjoy your retirement. You haven’t earned. just always remember that, when you retire you didn’t earn it. You stole it. You don’t have the right to tell people you worked your way up the ladder. Because you didn’t. Don’t lie anymore when you retire. Be honest at least with yourself. You had a mediocre career at best. Sad part is you could have done better and been a leader.

Unregistered
    When Mercurio was a relatively new IA investigator, he went to in-service training to explain to deputies how IA works. He told us he can swing an investigatory outcome in any direction that the sheriff wants – and he gave us an example of how he does it.

At that time, Larry Dunklee was the sheriff’s righthand man (today it is Kurt Hoffman). A battery accusation (criminal) and sexual harassment complaint (civil) was made against Dunklee. This is exactly how Mercurio said he swung the IA in the direction that the command staff wanted it to go:

• VICTIM’S STATEMENT (JANE DOE):
      While walking down the hallway, Larry Dunklee stopped me and he pinned me up against the wall with his body and he tried to kiss me. I pushed him off of me.
    • MERCURIO’S TWISTING OF FACTS TO SWING INVESTIGATION:
      While walking down the hallway, Larry Dunklee brushed passed Jane Doe.

That is how Mercurio said he covered for Dunklee and arrived at a pre-determined IA outcome by twisting the facts to alter the perception of anyone who read the report. This immoral investigatory tactic has been used many times in several different hot potato cases – and Tom Knight and Kurt Hoffman have deftly employed Mercurio’s services to achieve their pre-determined IA outcomes in select cases. It’s not about the truth, but it’s about perception. You must know how to twist the truth into something that it is not. It’s a word game – and if you have political and legal power, then you can get away with it.

If Kurt Hoffman wins the next election, this immoral tactic will continue, as it has under their instructional management for many years.
    At THAT time, the legal advisor was Kurt Hoffman and he was appraised of this, due to potential legal blowback. He has been "systemically embedded" for many years. A man who would lie on a polygraph is the exact man you need to be embedded in systemic coverups to reduce legal or political blowback, whether it be in IA or elsewhere.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123