Secretary’s Good Will Tour - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Covid19 positive people only go to nightclubs and stand alone bars.
    I don't go to either so I should be safe. Since covid is repelled by lumber and paint I go to home improvement stores. I think people know those locations are covid free zones, because they are packed every weekend. Covid is also beaten by surrounding yourself with cheap made in China plastic junk. That is why people pack China Mart every day. If we can keep people shopping and buying we should be able to beat this thing.

Unregistered
    Jacksonville Friday, Tallahassee Saturday, Panhandle Sunday, St Pete Monday, Ft Myers Tuesday.

Great talk with the news. Insert eye roll here.

https://www.wctv.tv/video/2020/08/01...ewitness-news/

Unregistered
    all so vague evasive answers scapegoat sworn you seek to disband with communication director people hate cops these day n-e way look like brewery owners not goin2 be only people looking for job next year good luck you will need it i left at good time so proud goodbye

Unregistered
    This guy waited 5 months to talk to bar owners and then says Idk the answer when they ask how they open up. He.is the one keeping them closed and then he says oh well I guess they will just go out of business. Thus guy dont care about anything.

Unregistered
    That’s why the only ones invited are friends of the republican worry of Florida, and sworn agents are working the door keeping those not on the list out. If normal bar owners showed up this guy would be attacked.

Unregistered
    All of these deadbeat Tallahassee administrators will all be looking for jobs when Uncle DeSantis does not get re-elected 😂🤣😂.

Unregistered
    Election is years away people will have forgotten about all this by then

Unregistered
    How many more state agencies can that nasty SW destroy before retirement?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Election is years away people will have forgotten about all this by then
    Covid-19 details aren't ending anytime soon. Expect them at least until next spring is what we're hearing and that's if we're lucky.

Unregistered
    From that license consultant today:

I attended both of the meetings today in Pensacola with DBPR Secretary Halsey Beshears to discuss the resumption of the on-premise sale of alcoholic beverages for bars and breweries.

Thank you to the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Alex Andrade, the Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco, and the Divison of Hotels and Restaurants for giving the bar and brewery community a voice.

The biggest concern for the DBPR is public perception and Secretary Beshears made it abundantly clear that strict adherence to social distancing guidelines by bars and breweries is a necessity if the DBPR is going to resume the sale of alcohol for on-premise consumption for those licensees.

These were informative meetings with great input by some of the Northwest Florida licensees that were invited to attend and represent their industries.

I am very thankful for Doug and Buck Mitchell at Seville Quarter for hosting the bar segment and foe Odd Colony Brewing Co. for hosting the brewery segment.

Lindsey Sutherland Pickenpaugh from Ms. Newby's in Panama City Beach, Mark Hawkins from The Block in Fort Walton Beach, Joanna Danielle Olsen with Coyote Ugly Saloon- Destin, Pat with Flora-Bama Lounge & Package, and @Tim McCool with 3rd Planet Brewing, Niceville FL all provided great input and advice as to how they have been able to successfully operate and make a profit while implementing social distancing guidelines.

Secretary Beshears will be holding these meetings throughout the rest of Florida over the following week and will reconvene with his staff on next Monday to review all of the re-opening suggestions. He emphasized that this will not be an overnight decision and it will be crafted with surgical precision after careful consideration.

Of note thus far regarding suggestions he is considering:

Temperature checks at the door as a requisite of entry

Door staff with counters that automatically update inside occupancy

25% indoor occupancy suggested for INITIAL phase

Seated service of customers- no standing or congregating

Hand sanitizer available at entry and inside

No smoking

A curfew would be implemented on operational hours if positivity spiked above 20% after resuming on-premise sales

Secretary Beshears did note that any annoucements would include an advance notice so licensees could properly prepare and staff accordingly

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast