Secretary’s Good Will Tour
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Secretary’s Good Will Tour

Here is a point by point summary from his visit today in Jacksonville that was posted online today. Comes from a license consultant in the panhandle that seems to know more about what we are doing than any of us.

Here's the recap of this afternoon's initial meeting between DBPR Secretary Beshears and bars and breweries in Jacksonville to discuss plans to reopen for on-premise consumption (this was relayed to me from a friend that was in attendance):

Widespread complaints by the public of bars and breweries failing to implement social distancing guidelines is what led to this most recent DBPR EO. He also stated they have data showing many traces of positive test results back to bars but was unable to provide the immediate data.

They are working on a plan to re-implement on premise consumption for bars and breweries however it will not happen in the near future

Resuming on-premise consumption will most likely require a 25 to 50% occupancy and limited operational hours

North Florida will be looked at differently than South Florida. He said this is his preference but there was no certainty that this will occur.

Food trucks and hot dog carts may be utilized by a bar or brewery to comply with on-premise consumption per DBPR EO 2020 09

The food truck or hot dog cart does not need to be licensed to the bar or brewery but it must have its main address as the same as the bar or brewery (my take from this is that if it isn't licensed in the name of the bar or brewery then it needs to stay on premise at all times you are selling alcohol for consumption on premise)

Inside occupancy for a food truck or hot dog cart will be calculated using your building occupancy. He said he would imagine this is how it would work but deferred to his enforcement folks who did not make a statement. But 50% capacity is the way he sees it.

If it is determined that you are not enforcing social distancing and operating outside of social distancing guidelines then you will face immediate license suspension. (This was not stated at the meeting but is the directive that both DBPR and DABT have previously given me)

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here is a point by point summary from his visit today in Jacksonville that was posted online today. Comes from a license consultant in the panhandle that seems to know more about what we are doing than any of us.

Here's the recap of this afternoon's initial meeting between DBPR Secretary Beshears and bars and breweries in Jacksonville to discuss dplans to reopen for on-premise consumption (this was relayed to me from a friend that was in attendance):

Widespread complaints by the public of bars and breweries failing to implement social distancing guidelines is what led to this most recent DBPR EO. He also stated they have data showing many traces of positive test results back to bars but was unable to provide the immediate data.

They are working on a plan to re-implement on premise consumption for bars and breweries however it will not happen in the near future

Resuming on-premise consumption will most likely require a 25 to 50% occupancy and limited operational hours

North Florida will be looked at differently than South Florida. He said this is his preference but there was no certainty that this will occur.

Food trucks and hot dog carts may be utilized by a bar or brewery to comply with on-premise consumption per DBPR EO 2020 09

The food truck or hot dog cart does not need to be licensed to the bar or brewery but it must have its main address as the same as the bar or brewery (my take from this is that if it isn't licensed in the name of the bar or brewery then it needs to stay on premise at all times you are selling alcohol for consumption on premise)

Inside occupancy for a food truck or hot dog cart will be calculated using your building occupancy. He said he would imagine this is how it would work but deferred to his enforcement folks who did not make a statement. But 50% capacity is the way he sees it.

If it is determined that you are not enforcing social distancing and operating outside of social distancing guidelines then you will face immediate license suspension. (This was not stated at the meeting but is the directive that both DBPR and DABT have previously given me)
    Then why don't they just allow people to open. I dont think a hot dog cart is gonna make any difference what so ever.

Unregistered
    What they need to do is allow everyone to open at 50%, follow all distancing guidelines, and everyone must close from 11pm to 8am; that will eliminate any chances of a crowded nightclub or bar.

Unregistered
    What they need to do is allow everyone to open at 50%, follow all distancing guidelines, and everyone must close from 11pm to 8am; that will eliminate any chances of a crowded nightclub or bar.
    Open everything up! It's up to the individuals to keep themselves safe! All of this wishy-washy middle of the road political favoritism isn't working. Open it all up with no restrictions. Let the chips fall where they may and survival of the fittest!

Unregistered
    Dog and pony show. Form what I heard it was advertised as the secretary is having townhall style meetings in every district open to licensees.

That translates to:

Meeting is not advertised at all and The district sworn staff plays bouncer and doorman and only allows a select few licensees that are pre vetted and on a list.

Unregistered
    So why hasn’t it been passed on to us that you can open with a food truck or hotdog cart? Once again he spouts off at these meetings and no word to the people enforcing this unless I missed something??

Unregistered
    You cannot catch covid19 if you are in a restaurant, even covid knows that. That's why if you bring a food truck into the parking lot or have a hot dog cart covid19 doesn't go there. So really they should open everything and have possession of food mandates along with a mask.

Unregistered
    North Florida will be looked at differently than South Florida. He said this is his preference
    oh yea we know why north is so special too 👎🏿

Unregistered
    Covid19 positive people only go to nightclubs and stand alone bars.

Unregistered
    So they have you people keeping the peace for the same person who seeks to strip you of that power eventually. This also comes right after his communications director basically placed the blame for this whole thing on the field agents. This is some funny sh*t right here. You people are so scr*wed that I almost feel sorry for you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast