4 Year College Degree Requirement - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    The Sheriff does not have a degree and he is doing an outstanding job, so it shows if you have one it does not make you smarter then the person without one. I have a degree and it was a wast. This job does not require one. If you decide to get one you should do it for your self and only your self, but make sure its not a wast like criminal justice.

Unregistered
    The sheriff paid for his position. And you can be a Capt in Court ops with only a High School education! And that’s why the department has gone to the gutter!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The Sheriff does not have a degree and he is doing an outstanding job, so it shows if you have one it does not make you smarter then the person without one. I have a degree and it was a wast. This job does not require one. If you decide to get one you should do it for your self and only your self, but make sure its not a wast like criminal justice.
    Why is a degree in CJ a waste? What degree do you recommend for a CJ professional -- and why?

Unregistered
    The sheriff is an elected position and certification as a LEO is not required to run for office, nor is a college degree required. The same holds true for other elected positions, such as city or county commissioners, state or federal representatives, president of the United States, etc. Should elected politicians be required to have a college degree?

Unregistered
    Get a degree that you can use beyond Law Enforcement. CJ does you no dam good.

Unregistered

wrong

LOL ! Your post is littered with grammatical errors, and you expect us to believe you actually have a degree?? Maybe from one of these online-only schools, but you most certainly did not attend a real university. So I agree, your "degree" was definitely a waste! I would also agree that a college education is not necessarily needed for this job, but having a real college degree gives you an advantage, even if only for report writing, which is a crucial skill in this career field.

Keep Carmine 2020!

Unregistered

The bar is lowered so Marceno can slither under it

The sheriff is an elected position and certification as a LEO is not required to run for office, nor is a college degree required. The same holds true for other elected positions, such as city or county commissioners, state or federal representatives, president of the United States, etc. Should elected politicians be required to have a college degree?

This sheriff impersonator lied his way through to be appointed.

He has no honor in him nor does his lackies.

Sheriff Leavens will clean house!

Go back to the Brooklyn slum you crawled from.

Unregistered
    Get a degree that you can use beyond Law Enforcement. CJ does you no dam good.
    Would you be embarrassed to tell a non-CJ employer that you have a Bachelors in CJ?

From a professional standpoint, many state, county and city agencies prefer a CJ degree for those seeking senior management positions. At the federal level, many agencies "prefer" a CJ degree for entry-level applicants.

The important thing is to get a Bachelors degree, regardless of what it is in. If you are a career CJ professional, then getting a CJ degree is a logical choice. If you plan on becoming a radiological technician, then getting an Associates in radiology is probably your best bet. Context is everything.

Unregistered
    LOL ! Your post is littered with grammatical errors, and you expect us to believe you actually have a degree?? Maybe from one of these online-only schools, but you most certainly did not attend a real university. So I agree, your "degree" was definitely a waste! I would also agree that a college education is not necessarily needed for this job, but having a real college degree gives you an advantage, even if only for report writing, which is a crucial skill in this career field.

Keep Carmine 2020!
    Florida Gulf Coast University offers 100% online degrees. A colleague graduated with a Bachelors in CJ from there -- and she never set foot on campus! She has a real degree.

Unregistered
    Whoever is saying degrees should be required, did you go to college? Because if you did and you work in this line of work, you would know it means absolutely nothing. You might write slightly better. But every good LEO knows common sense is what it takes, not making sure you can write a 10 page report on some stupid topic the night before it’s due. I work with someone that didn’t finish college and he might be the smartest and best LEO in the agency. So your argument is stupid.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast