Hey Benny, 21 days!!!!!!! - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Unregistered
    Obviously the people posting reasons why Benny can’t become a Captain are not well versed in labor law or very new to this profession. Here are answers to your assumption that this could not happen:

1) Yeah except the union President is currently sitting at home and the union won’t be looking to do Benny any favors. It’s a dysfunctional relationship right now. And honestly I think Toney or Tony or Tonya is smart enough to realize it was the union who took him down, not Israel. He’s way too selfish to do the Union any favors. Tonya should be more worried about trying to just not be noticed after the election. There’s a lot of heat on Tonya right now. I don’t think he will be in a forgiving mood post election anyway.

- Who says it has to be IUPA representing the Captains? It could be FOP, PBA or any other union.

2) It can't happen like that, if the captains were to unionize, you can't place someone (benny) in that union. He can be demoted to deputy though

- Wrong, if you read my post I stated that Tony would demote Benny prior to the union becoming the bargaining unit for the Captains. The Captains are “at will” employees just like the Majors so Tony could put Benny ANYWHERE he wants that is an “at will” position.

3) You don't have enough time to gather all the PERC cards, have it signed off by Tallahassee, hold a Union Vote, Elect members, and negotiate on and sign a contract between September and January. Not enough time.

- Wrong, trust me, if the Sheriff wants it to happen quick, it will happen quick!

4) If he can’t work nights and weekends then he should leave. This job isn’t for for the meek and the weak.

- Benny would work weekends and nights if that is the only job he had. What are Captains making now, $150,000. I would work weekends and nights for that kind of coin!

Unregistered
    Obviously the people posting reasons why Benny can’t become a Captain are not well versed in labor law or very new to this profession. Here are answers to your assumption that this could not happen:

1) Yeah except the union President is currently sitting at home and the union won’t be looking to do Benny any favors. It’s a dysfunctional relationship right now. And honestly I think Toney or Tony or Tonya is smart enough to realize it was the union who took him down, not Israel. He’s way too selfish to do the Union any favors. Tonya should be more worried about trying to just not be noticed after the election. There’s a lot of heat on Tonya right now. I don’t think he will be in a forgiving mood post election anyway.

- Who says it has to be IUPA representing the Captains? It could be FOP, PBA or any other union.

2) It can't happen like that, if the captains were to unionize, you can't place someone (benny) in that union. He can be demoted to deputy though

- Wrong, if you read my post I stated that Tony would demote Benny prior to the union becoming the bargaining unit for the Captains. The Captains are “at will” employees just like the Majors so Tony could put Benny ANYWHERE he wants that is an “at will” position.

3) You don't have enough time to gather all the PERC cards, have it signed off by Tallahassee, hold a Union Vote, Elect members, and negotiate on and sign a contract between September and January. Not enough time.

- Wrong, trust me, if the Sheriff wants it to happen quick, it will happen quick!

4) If he can’t work nights and weekends then he should leave. This job isn’t for for the meek and the weak.

- Trust me, Benny would work weekends and nights if that is the only job he had. What are Captains making now, $150,000. I would work weekends and nights for that kind of coin!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

- Trust me, Benny would work weekends and nights if that is the only job he had. What are Captains making now, $150,000. I would work weekends and nights for that kind of coin!
    Lmao, yes the Captain’s haven’t unionized after all this time. Now, just to save Benny pumpkin heads gonna push for the Captains to unionize? I don’t think he rolls that way. But, that’s great, let them rally around for Benny, after Benny’s betrayal to the rank and file. See how that goes over.

Unregistered
    Let’s be honest, Benny sold out. He sold us out, and he sold his own soul to the devil. You reap what you sow Benny!

Unregistered
    I like Benny, but he bet on the wrong candidate. Just like poker, he went all in, and now it will cost him. He made some good connections over the years, if he can get out from under Tony's shadow he will probably be fine. However, if FDLE or the FED's go after Tony, they may be looking at others too, who may or may not have had knowledge. It's hard to get a job in law enforcement while you're under investigation by the FED's.

Unregistered
    Who even says that the new sheriff will agree to making captains a union position. I dont believe that anywhere else in the state a captains job is secured. The new sheriff (lol) may FIRE HIS A$$ and everyone else in those cushy positions. So what is it like 90 days for the election, that means we need a sheriff that will protect us. AnyonebutTONY

Unregistered
    Pollock does not qualify to be Sheriff he doesn't even have a degree. He has a GED. Gregory Tony for Sheriff and was removed from the courthouse for sexual harassment
    Tony2020 the vision for our communities

Unregistered
    13 days and counting Benny. Can you hear the footsteps? In football when you hear the footsteps you have to brace yourself because the impact is coming.

Unregistered
    Pollock does not qualify to be Sheriff he doesn't even have a degree. He has a GED. Gregory Tony for Sheriff and was removed from the courthouse for sexual harassment
    Tony2020 the vision for our communities
    How many threads are you going to post this garbage on. The only one not qualified to be sheriff is Tony!

Unregistered
    Who even says that the new sheriff will agree to making captains a union position. I dont believe that anywhere else in the state a captains job is secured. The new sheriff (lol) may FIRE HIS A$$ and everyone else in those cushy positions. So what is it like 90 days for the election, that means we need a sheriff that will protect us. AnyonebutTONY
    I believe PBSO has something that protects some of the upper command, Capt for sure, possibly even Major. I think anybody above that is at will. So yes it's possible and is being done.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast