McMullen’s RUMORED pay plan for deputies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

McMullen’s RUMORED pay plan for deputies

Take this with a grain of salt, but the “rumor” is that after being elected, Ron McMullen will present a pay plan the county commissioners to approve parity in pay between HCSO deputies and TPD officers.

Not only in salary/hourly wages, but also in number of hours worked per week. Ron agrees that every hour worked above 80 hours per pay period should be paid at time and a half. So even if the 84 hour pay period stays the same, 4 of those hours would be paid at time and a half, of the new (TPD) hourly rate.

Additionally, Master Deputy pay would be increased to around $8,000 per year, to match that of a Master Patrol Officer at TPD.

I know this is just a rumor but if this is rumor true, this would gain him a lot of votes.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt, but the “rumor” is that after being elected, Ron McMullen will present a pay plan the county commissioners to approve parity in pay between HCSO deputies and TPD officers.

Not only in salary/hourly wages, but also in number of hours worked per week. Ron agrees that every hour worked above 80 hours per pay period should be paid at time and a half. So even if the 84 hour pay period stays the same, 4 of those hours would be paid at time and a half, of the new (TPD) hourly rate.

Additionally, Master Deputy pay would be increased to around $8,000 per year, to match that of a Master Patrol Officer at TPD.

I know this is just a rumor but if this is rumor true, this would gain him a lot of votes.
    He can ask for the moon from the county, but the commissioners are cutting funds across the board on everything to pay for the disastrous year already. And with a new county administrator, it’s a guarantee no funds will be allocated for anything in the near future that isn’t an “emergency” or “top priority”. It would be nice though, just not possible.

Unregistered
    Pay will not keep deputies from burning out and quitting. Support and freeing us up for non police function is what we need. Changing the definition of that police functions are takes a real leader. How about we start there?

Unregistered

Sounds great....except that it is a RUMOR.

Unregistered

RUMORS work just like this too

Take this with a grain of salt, but the “rumor” is that after being re-elected, Chad Chronister will present a pay plan to the county commissioners to approve parity in pay between HCSO deputies and TPD officers.

Not only in salary/hourly wages, but also in number of hours worked per week. Chad agrees that every hour worked above 80 hours per pay period should be paid at time and a half. So even if the 84 hour pay period stays the same, 4 of those hours would be paid at time and a half, of the new (TPD) hourly rate.

Unregistered

Wells lets ask?

Unregistered

Here's the problem with this. McMullen wants to make us equal with TPD officers. But Sheriff Chronister says we are BETTER than TPD. So Sheriff Chronister will be asking the Hillsborough County Commissioners to make our pay BETTER than TPD officers' pay. Just watch what our Sheriff does for us!

Unregistered
    Here's the problem with this. McMullen wants to make us equal with TPD officers. But Sheriff Chronister says we are BETTER than TPD. So Sheriff Chronister will be asking the Hillsborough County Commissioners to make our pay BETTER than TPD officers' pay. Just watch what our Sheriff does for us!
    If that was Chads intention he would have done it in the beginning. But if I am not mistaken we have a better retirement package then Tpd. The only complain I have is with the hypocrites that run our office!

Unregistered
    If that was Chads intention he would have done it in the beginning. But if I am not mistaken we have a better retirement package then Tpd. The only complain I have is with the hypocrites that run our office!

TPD has a MUCH better retirement than we do. Their multiplier is higher than 3%, they don't have to pay into social security, they can retire 10 years earlier, their average base salary is much higher than ours, etc., etc.

Unregistered
    TPD has a MUCH better retirement than we do. Their multiplier is higher than 3%, they don't have to pay into social security, they can retire 10 years earlier, their average base salary is much higher than ours, etc., etc.
    Well then it sounds like a great package .... perhaps Ron will get the ball rolling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast