No more warnings - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    The agents have been castrated.
    It's clear to me the agents will soon be gone law enforcement with zero power. We should have seen this coming years ago when they started the inspector program we're done.
    Well I'll guess I'll wander around aimlessly night after night until I have enough time to retire

Unregistered
    I did pretty extensive research before deciding not to apply with DBPR last year. It is clear that the investigators are being tugged in whatever direction will make your secretary look good on that given week. That also would seem to reveal why he appointed an unqualified personal friend to be the chief. This is why regulatory law enforcement should be merged into other agencies or totally disbanded.

A secretary, director and deputy director with no law enforcement experience or powers should not be able to tamper with or delay law enforcement investigations. Their ability to do so in such a cavalier fashion during this pandemic is troubling to me. I cannot imagine a police department or sheriffs department operating in such a fashion without serious consequences for those in charge. Good luck in your job searches.

Unregistered
    Sheriffs and Chiefs are never told to not solve murders or robberies - real crimes. We are told not to take regulatory action. I think the gravity of your thoughts that we are letting criminals walk is absurd.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sheriffs and Chiefs are never told to not solve murders or robberies - real crimes. We are told not to take regulatory action. I think the gravity of your thoughts that we are letting criminals walk is absurd.
    You’re argument undersells the gravity of this situation.

We aren’t being told to ignore vendor to vendor or tied house violations. We’re being told to ignore violations which may lead to the spread of a deadly virus. Big difference

Unregistered
    You’re argument undersells the gravity of this situation.

We aren’t being told to ignore vendor to vendor or tied house violations. We’re being told to ignore violations which may lead to the spread of a deadly virus. Big difference
    ...and there is the problem...people hear what benefits them. You see, here in the real world, we were never told to ignore anything. We were told the whole state needs to be on the same page (for you that means doing the same thing when faced with the same issue) around the state. As you pointed out there is a lot at stake. What is wrong with making sure everyone is in agreement?

Trust. It's a two way street.

Unregistered
    ...and there is the problem...people hear what benefits them. You see, here in the real world, we were never told to ignore anything. We were told the whole state needs to be on the same page (for you that means doing the same thing when faced with the same issue) around the state. As you pointed out there is a lot at stake. What is wrong with making sure everyone is in agreement?

Trust. It's a two way street.

just another crook I hope the consequences catch up to you

Unregistered
    I’m appalled by the statement made today of “there is a disconnect between DBPR management and the field agents.”

I agree and this statement is very apparent. Since it appears to be agency wide it’s obviously the directors or the majors that are distorting the message so why don’t we finally hold someone responsible and send them packing, we have looked like idiots for months now.

Unregistered
    Nothing like being lead in the worst times by the most clueless leadership and I am talking TCO.

Unregistered
    I’m appalled by the statement made today of “there is a disconnect between DBPR management and the field agents.”

I agree and this statement is very apparent. Since it appears to be agency wide it’s obviously the directors or the majors that are distorting the message so why don’t we finally hold someone responsible and send them packing, we have looked like idiots for months now.
    Our office is fine. We do what the LT tells us. LT does what the Captain tells him, and so forth. Is it that hard to apply the EO's and use good common sense? Sure, we've had a a few hiccups, but nothing that some two-way conversation couldn't fix. It all about good communication or lack thereof.

Unregistered

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast