Union talk - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Union talk

Unregistered

Cheezar the Lier

This is not a great contract and other departments aren’t laying people off. They’re not getting defunded yet. Typical lier to stay good with the administrators move.

Unregistered

Youth before wisdom

Remember we run this place now! You old farts are done for, one by one you will all fall. You didn't learn your lesson during the union vote did you?! Learn to savor the taste of the chief and CM or suffer their wrath! Our union is to take care of us by being one with our superiors not against like it was before. You get lemonade by squeezing lemons, not by anything else. Submit and you will be rewarded, resist and you will be terminated.

Unregistered

Prez says

Our great Cheezer 5 head president wants this contract because his daddy wants it. You can’t have a president that’s in bed with administration when administrators are looking to take, take, take. We need a new president, one from the road, one that has to be in the city and see what is going on, day to day. Not a guy who floats around town doing his errands and has his cake and eats it too.

Unregistered

Prez Recommendations

Since your recommending a new Prez name your choices from the ROAD??? Also if this proposal is so shitty, what would you or a New Prez from the ROAD would have negotiated for us? Lets see what superbbbbbb negotiation bullshit you come up with or not reply at all. Just curious to hear your recommendations since you shared your views on how the lay of the land should be.

Unregistered

Always eating sausage

My recommendation is ANYONE from the road other then a shifty sneaky do nothing like CHEEEEZER the Chief squeezer! This guy is pathetic, rakes in all the benefits without ANY ACCOUNTABILITY. One big POS. BTW the number one thing for the who ever president is to take this existing contract to an attorney and enforce the double time as declared a while back or at least use it as a talking point for the upcoming negotiations. We should also look into dropping a bit of the comp banks for the senior officers and give some to the new hires, like at least 40 hours bank. Lets look at some small stipend after retirement for medical coverage, not a lot but something to help out. How about a look at a possible buy out of the topped out senior people it may be a long reach but can't hurt to look into it as a possibility. How about if the city already budgeted the lousy 2% no one pays more then 20.00 a month for gas. How about we ask for a 3% pay raise upon ratification and no back pay with a re-opener within one year at a minimum of 2% and write in a penalty clause that says if no contract is ratified after that one year all personnel will get the back pay given up in year one.

Is that good for starters?

Unregistered

Missing something

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    My recommendation is ANYONE from the road other then a shifty sneaky do nothing like CHEEEEZER the Chief squeezer! This guy is pathetic, rakes in all the benefits without ANY ACCOUNTABILITY. One big POS. BTW the number one thing for the who ever president is to take this existing contract to an attorney and enforce the double time as declared a while back or at least use it as a talking point for the upcoming negotiations. We should also look into dropping a bit of the comp banks for the senior officers and give some to the new hires, like at least 40 hours bank. Lets look at some small stipend after retirement for medical coverage, not a lot but something to help out. How about a look at a possible buy out of the topped out senior people it may be a long reach but can't hurt to look into it as a possibility. How about if the city already budgeted the lousy 2% no one pays more then 20.00 a month for gas. How about we ask for a 3% pay raise upon ratification and no back pay with a re-opener within one year at a minimum of 2% and write in a penalty clause that says if no contract is ratified after that one year all personnel will get the back pay given up in year one.

Is that good for starters?
    How about the under the chiefs desk special gift givers? I think 10% because of all the hard work they do and head injuries from the back of their heads hitting the desktop. You can claim hazardous duty there as well so should be 20%. Another way to take care of the chosen ones from the paw patrol. 40% for DB because they really do all the hard work.

Unregistered

We Agree AND

And a special stipend of 25% for anyone that is detached because it takes a special breed of animal to take all that OT all the while doing nothing for it!

Unregistered

Bunch of jealous crybaby’s

I’ve never seen such a conclave of whiners in my life. Be happy you got what you got, it may not be here much longer.

Unregistered

Action

The budget has exploded for the police here in the city. We can’t keep this up. It’s time to go on a contractual basis and and defund this in house police department. I will only support this though as long as our cops have the option to hire on with an outside department. When police secretaries make over 88,000.00 a year base pay in such a small municipality as ours something is wrong. I am a 20 year senior teacher and I am a chairperson with a masters degree, I don’t make that much money. According to Dr. Chervony, in the next few years, the police budget will be close to 7 million a year.

Unregistered

I concur.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The budget has exploded for the police here in the city. We can’t keep this up. It’s time to go on a contractual basis and and defund this in house police department. I will only support this though as long as our cops have the option to hire on with an outside department. When police secretaries make over 88,000.00 a year base pay in such a small municipality as ours something is wrong. I am a 20 year senior teacher and I am a chairperson with a masters degree, I don’t make that much money. According to Dr. Chervony, in the next few years, the police budget will be close to 7 million a year.
    Problem is the three musketeers were endorsed by their union which in their and the chiefs back pocket so that won't happen. The Dr. says he loves the secretary so when he come on board this commission will in no way drop the PD. Mismanagement and corruption have been the staple of this city since its inception and will plague it for eternity. I also have a problem with a secretary making more than the very officers whose lives are on the line and where, as stated before by someone else, her biggest threat is a paper cut. I agree with making sure our current officers can go elsewhere because alot of them are good people with mouths to feed, the mismanagement and corruption is not their fault. The three musketeers are being looked at hard and there may be another change in the wind in the coming years.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast