Union talk - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Union talk

Unregistered

Remedies

As a resident and business person for many years I should point out that in no way when it comes to our city’s police budget it is not personal. I did finally look at the proposed budgets and the last police contract with all its line items and costs. I have in the past been in law enforcement as a command staff person so I know a bit about budgets and what goes on here as pertains to our police employees.
    The secretary that keeps coming up as an example is not personal, yet just an example of how salaries have ballooned to out of proportional levels for this particular agency which is charged with patrolling a relatively small are with a low crop rate. This Secretary is already at 88,000.00 a year base pay and with all benefits thrown in costs the Village close to 100,000.00 a year. We also have over half a dozen police personnel at a base of over 90,000.00 a year which is above 100,000.00 in costs to the residents. In the next several years at these rates at the way it has been allowed to increase, we will have almost 7 million a year police budget. I will tell you for this size of a municipality with it’s current needs that is about 2 to 3 million too much. As long as our officer are paid fair, equipped with all reasonable equipment and given reasonable benefits we can keep our own NBV Police Department. BUT, we currently have a police dog that is used more or less as a visual deterrent and is not able to provide what was promised. The dog is no longer patrol certified nor is it certifiable as of today to keep as a drug detection animal. This is due to health and lack of training as prescribed by the certifying agency known as the USCPA United States Police Dog Association.
    All police personnel have a take home police vehicle, including part time personnel. The amount of officer deductions toward usage is minuscule and does not barley cover, fuel lease costs, wear and tear maintenance and oil. We also have an Officer assigned to Treasure island elementary all year long even when students are not present. This is a complete indulgence on the Village’s part considering Miami-Dade Schools has their own police department and is mandated to have an officer their of their own if we don’t provide one.
    Most of our Officers are fantastic but we do have some that are a complete drain as to their salaries. What I mean is just out of my own observations and asking around, there are a few that for all intense purposes do not patrol or produce to what should be deemed an appropriate standard of police patrol officer. We also have an over abundance of supervisory personnel that oversee minimal employees yet really can’t produce evidence of any real work product on a monthly basis to justify a million dollars of compensation alone for the top brass of the department not including the Police Chief.
    As for our Police Chief, know him and his training and education. Noriega worked and came from an accredited police agency, with it’s command structure in place and it’s checks and balances. We currently really for all intense purposes don’t have that right now. Senior staff and personnel come and go as they desire and they are still allowed to receive overtime or the choice of compensation time on the books. There is still a policy in place as allowed by staff of what is called flex time. This undocumented time is when claimed overtime is earned yet not compensated for but held off for later use as time off in the future. The problem with this practice is that it violates The police contract and is a rarely used national practice as it open to abuse and favoritism for a select few. There is no documentation as there is not even an entry available for payroll purposes.

In closing these are some of the unbiased yet verified realities of our current police department and it’s budget and practices. The Village will need to raise mileage/taxes to keep up with the current trend or will have to do real soul searching and make some cuts. I believe a study should be done to look at keeping NBV PD as our own or out source as long as we keep the Village safe. In the short term, we really need to look at retiring our dog, stop the take home cars, remove the Officer from TIES, and arrange the staff of the police to cover all the shifts without the need for overtime. If an officer calls out on a shift and we had a sergeant or lieutenant even Asst. Chief there then they would fill in to for go overtime. There are many ways to curb 20% right now that is not. The question for my fellow citizens is, are ready for almost a 7 million dollar police budget in the next couple of years?

Unregistered

Hey Jackazz

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    As a resident and business person for many years I should point out that in no way when it comes to our city’s police budget it is not personal. I did finally look at the proposed budgets and the last police contract with all its line items and costs. I have in the past been in law enforcement as a command staff person so I know a bit about budgets and what goes on here as pertains to our police employees.
    The secretary that keeps coming up as an example is not personal, yet just an example of how salaries have ballooned to out of proportional levels for this particular agency which is charged with patrolling a relatively small are with a low crop rate. This Secretary is already at 88,000.00 a year base pay and with all benefits thrown in costs the Village close to 100,000.00 a year. We also have over half a dozen police personnel at a base of over 90,000.00 a year which is above 100,000.00 in costs to the residents. In the next several years at these rates at the way it has been allowed to increase, we will have almost 7 million a year police budget. I will tell you for this size of a municipality with it’s current needs that is about 2 to 3 million too much. As long as our officer are paid fair, equipped with all reasonable equipment and given reasonable benefits we can keep our own NBV Police Department. BUT, we currently have a police dog that is used more or less as a visual deterrent and is not able to provide what was promised. The dog is no longer patrol certified nor is it certifiable as of today to keep as a drug detection animal. This is due to health and lack of training as prescribed by the certifying agency known as the USCPA United States Police Dog Association.
    All police personnel have a take home police vehicle, including part time personnel. The amount of officer deductions toward usage is minuscule and does not barley cover, fuel lease costs, wear and tear maintenance and oil. We also have an Officer assigned to Treasure island elementary all year long even when students are not present. This is a complete indulgence on the Village’s part considering Miami-Dade Schools has their own police department and is mandated to have an officer their of their own if we don’t provide one.
    Most of our Officers are fantastic but we do have some that are a complete drain as to their salaries. What I mean is just out of my own observations and asking around, there are a few that for all intense purposes do not patrol or produce to what should be deemed an appropriate standard of police patrol officer. We also have an over abundance of supervisory personnel that oversee minimal employees yet really can’t produce evidence of any real work product on a monthly basis to justify a million dollars of compensation alone for the top brass of the department not including the Police Chief.
    As for our Police Chief, know him and his training and education. Noriega worked and came from an accredited police agency, with it’s command structure in place and it’s checks and balances. We currently really for all intense purposes don’t have that right now. Senior staff and personnel come and go as they desire and they are still allowed to receive overtime or the choice of compensation time on the books. There is still a policy in place as allowed by staff of what is called flex time. This undocumented time is when claimed overtime is earned yet not compensated for but held off for later use as time off in the future. The problem with this practice is that it violates The police contract and is a rarely used national practice as it open to abuse and favoritism for a select few. There is no documentation as there is not even an entry available for payroll purposes.

In closing these are some of the unbiased yet verified realities of our current police department and it’s budget and practices. The Village will need to raise mileage/taxes to keep up with the current trend or will have to do real soul searching and make some cuts. I believe a study should be done to look at keeping NBV PD as our own or out source as long as we keep the Village safe. In the short term, we really need to look at retiring our dog, stop the take home cars, remove the Officer from TIES, and arrange the staff of the police to cover all the shifts without the need for overtime. If an officer calls out on a shift and we had a sergeant or lieutenant even Asst. Chief there then they would fill in to for go overtime. There are many ways to curb 20% right now that is not. The question for my fellow citizens is, are ready for almost a 7 million dollar police budget in the next couple of years?
    This site is for L.E.O. You are a resident and business person. Nobody here cares about your opinion. Pay your taxes and say thank you. You know nothing about police work or police management. Take you opinion over to FB where your opinions are valued. Nobody here gives a rats azz what you think or cares for your long winded diatribe. F.O.

Unregistered

You work for us!

This site is for L.E.O. You are a resident and business person. Nobody here cares about your opinion. Pay your taxes and say thank you. You know nothing about police work or police management. Take you opinion over to FB where your opinions are valued. Nobody here gives a rats azz what you think or cares for your long winded diatribe. F.O.
    REMINDER - You are paid by the residents and their taxes. The total disregard for the opinions of those who give you your job is the reason your department is on the chopping block. Keep your head in the sand..... see how that works for you and your fellow officers!!

Unregistered

Caca doodoo face

REMINDER - You are paid by the residents and their taxes. The total disregard for the opinions of those who give you your job is the reason your department is on the chopping block. Keep your head in the sand..... see how that works for you and your fellow officers!!
    Literally shut up. You know nothing about the operations of the PD.

Fackts will prove you are the same to complain about helicopters and perimeters used to search for bad guys, saying it’s a waste. Then you will say we don’t do anything productive.

Unregistered

Fact check

One officer who patrols only shell and has ENT made an on view arrest in many years.
    One Sgt. on the chopping block for DUI and past issues, including hurricane party drinking.
    One lieutenant drinking and brining beer for the rest of the crew and on a weekly basis to this day has not made an arrest in years, can’t use the CAD system and comes and goes as he please.
    The other Lieutenant also can’t use the CAD system, or has made an arrest in years, play on his phone and looks at eBay all day and takes two hours lunches.
    There are several officers that have a complete injury racquet which between them all would equal fours years pay while at home.
    You had one officer let go for lying and theft, and another Sgt. back in the day fired for lying and transporting liquor on duty.
    One officer w multiple internal affairs under his belt and to this day, has less then several arrests in over 10 years.

There’s more FACTS but this just a taste. This site is for cops about cops and created by a cop. This site is open to ALL to discuss cops good bad and indifferent. On closing the many good police in NBV are very tarnished by about 5 that only take take and take.

Unfortunately NBV needs to disband the police and go outside.

Unregistered

Retrograde Intelligence Quotient Nimrod

One officer who patrols only shell and has ENT made an on view arrest in many years.
    One Sgt. on the chopping block for DUI and past issues, including hurricane party drinking.
    One lieutenant drinking and brining beer for the rest of the crew and on a weekly basis to this day has not made an arrest in years, can’t use the CAD system and comes and goes as he please.
    The other Lieutenant also can’t use the CAD system, or has made an arrest in years, play on his phone and looks at eBay all day and takes two hours lunches.
    There are several officers that have a complete injury racquet which between them all would equal fours years pay while at home.
    You had one officer let go for lying and theft, and another Sgt. back in the day fired for lying and transporting liquor on duty.
    One officer w multiple internal affairs under his belt and to this day, has less then several arrests in over 10 years.

There’s more FACTS but this just a taste. This site is for cops about cops and created by a cop. This site is open to ALL to discuss cops good bad and indifferent. On closing the many good police in NBV are very tarnished by about 5 that only take take and take.

Unfortunately NBV needs to disband the police and go outside.
    LT’s are administrators so there won’t be any arrests or CAD usage for years, as there daily job function is to MANAGE.

Secondly, discipline has been and will be dispensed to ANY officer that violates SOP, FSS or administrative directives. This is a good thing and there’s evidence of it. That fact an officer is disciplined instead of termination is not your expertise or authority as you are NOT A LEO OR AN ADMINISTRATOR.

Thirdly, the department isn’t going anywhere. There is no CHOPPING BLOCK however, in the instance you and your ilk wish to ENGAGE in a self inflicted financial catastrophe, I dare you to abolish the department. Your property values will drop faster than latte lathe zipper when beauty queen enters the car.
    This city will be riddled with the criminal element from both sides of the bridge.
    So spare me the bravado.

Fourthly, we don’t work for ANY of you.
    We work for the Chief. He in turns works the CM and the CM works for the Commish.
    Get it right squirt.

Finally, most cops here would NOT have a problem going anywhere else. So show a little respect and appreciation for what we do.

Unregistered

Drew you out!

Yes Rey, nice response you worthless job sucking nimrod! You do realize you are a stain on our department. Sitting for hours at a time reading your cartoons and complaining about the place you get your salary from. I think it's time to retire and go away and make room for real police that actively patrol you ilk! Your a phucking YouTube star for the way NOT to do police work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idlFdOIMxO0

Unregistered

It’s not Rey numbnutz

Yes Rey, nice response you worthless job sucking nimrod! You do realize you are a stain on our department. Sitting for hours at a time reading your cartoons and complaining about the place you get your salary from. I think it's time to retire and go away and make room for real police that actively patrol you ilk! Your a phucking YouTube star for the way NOT to do police work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idlFdOIMxO0
    It’s not Rey, although I know Indian Rey, not a bad guy. I don’t really care for his politics or the jersey shore bravado but he has a big heart. That video you posted is proof positive that anyone can have a bad day, including you.

And if I were you, I would be careful about replicating, sending, or advertising any image of any law enforcement officer. FSS 119.071 2.a.(I).

Unregistered

Shite birds

It’s not Rey, although I know Indian Rey, not a bad guy. I don’t really care for his politics or the jersey shore bravado but he has a big heart. That video you posted is proof positive that anyone can have a bad day, including you.

And if I were you, I would be careful about replicating, sending, or advertising any image of any law enforcement officer. FSS 119.071 2.a.(I).
    Injun Rey is a good dude who got used by the LT’s for that big raise they didn’t deserve a few contracts ago. Most of those injun cops are serviceable and good people, xcept for the bald Cpl. who has shown his true colors and would sell out family at a drop of a hat. It’s time for a lot of you none productive sweat glands excuse for cops to go away and don’t come back. Hey mcDrunk creepy we haven’t forgotten about the hurricane party and the real harm and embarrassment it brought to NBV police for years to come. It’s still a miracle how your chief kept you around after you tried to bad mouth him to everyone during the hiring process.

Unregistered

Da 1 u put up when u don’t giv a funk

Injun Rey is a good dude who got used by the LT’s for that big raise they didn’t deserve a few contracts ago. Most of those injun cops are serviceable and good people, xcept for the bald Cpl. who has shown his true colors and would sell out family at a drop of a hat. It’s time for a lot of you none productive sweat glands excuse for cops to go away and don’t come back. Hey mcDrunk creepy we haven’t forgotten about the hurricane party and the real harm and embarrassment it brought to NBV police for years to come. It’s still a miracle how your chief kept you around after you tried to bad mouth him to everyone during the hiring process.
    LT’s aint really suppose to be in da contract anyways. Cpl bald Batman is still trying to get back in good grace wit da admin. Even though err body know what a backstabbing hippocrite he is. He like the drummer of reo nobody know who he is anymore. I do what I do like ninja.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast