Florida Retirement System - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    PBA Stahl taking pictures and shaking Rick Scott hand like old buds.

Unregistered

Our PBA has not gotten and FRS relief in 3 years and not likely to get it done anytim

PBA Stahl and Greenwell couldn’t deliver their campaign promises. POS the both of them

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Several years ago, some state and city pension plans were on the verge of imploding, due to not having enough tax dollars to pay all the retirees on the dole. Subsequently, in the year 2011, in order to save taxpayers money, the Florida legislature changed high-risk FRS retirement from 25 years to 30 years -- and from age 55 to age 60. Why would they change it back? Civilians have to work even longer.
    Retirees aren’t “on the dole”, dipshit. It’s not welfare. And no, the FRS pension system was NEVER on the verge of “imploding.” You must have been born inside Rick Scott’s a$$hole. I’d like to wrap my hands around your throat you scumbag, for spreading these false talking points. “Implode” yourself, please.

Unregistered
    There won’t be a pension in 20 years so I wouldn’t worry. Pensions will be gone in 10-15 years

Unregistered
    There won’t be a pension in 20 years so I wouldn’t worry. Pensions will be gone in 10-15 years
    I’ve been hearing that for about 20 years now.

Unregistered
    Several years ago, some state and city pension plans were on the verge of imploding, due to not having enough tax dollars to pay all the retirees on the dole. Subsequently, in the year 2011, in order to save taxpayers money, the Florida legislature changed high-risk FRS retirement from 25 years to 30 years -- and from age 55 to age 60. Why would they change it back? Civilians have to work even longer.

Retirees aren’t “on the dole”, dipshit. It’s not welfare. And no, the FRS pension system was NEVER on the verge of “imploding.” You must have been born inside Rick Scott’s a$$hole. I’d like to wrap my hands around your throat you scumbag, for spreading these false talking points. “Implode” yourself, please.
    Why do you want to harm an anonymous stranger at an internet message board?

Unregistered

Lightbulb On the dole

Excluding the year 2020, over 52% of all people in the United States are now on the government dole, either through:

• Employment as a government worker (city, county, state or federal)
    • Government retiree
    • Social security recipient
    • Social security disability recipient
    • Welfare
    • Food stamps
    • All other government subsistence programs, etc.

Most Americans are now directly or indirectly on the government dole. Government doles out more money than any other for-profit or non-profit organization. Government is printing money out of thin air -- and that's why more people are now on the dole than ever before in our history. Is the math sustainable for our children and grandchildren?

Unregistered
    Just resign your dumbass 5 years sooner. Imbecil
    You are the grumpiest, nastiest person who obviously replies to every post in the same manner. Take your meds!! Someone can’t come on here and ask a legit question without you answering this way. Remember we are supposed to help one another, not tear each other down!!

Unregistered
    People in the high risk program at FRS got hosed for one simple reason, the real estate crash . Originally government agencies paid 23% of their covered employee's yearly salaries to the FRS. The employee paid nothing. But, when property values crashed and the tax base was severely reduced, the Legislature changed the donations to 17% from the agencies and 3% from the employee. As you can see, this reduced the total donation to less than it was before. To keep the plan's solvency as high as possible, the Legislature also increased the retirement age by five years. So, if you want to back, then you have to get the Legislature to change the law and revert back to pre-2011 levels. Good luck with that.

Unregistered

FRS high-rist best in USA for public safety workers

The FRS high-risk pension plan is about the best in the United States. Here is a comparison nationwide:

https://www.ncsl.org/research/fiscal...ty-tables.aspx

REMEMBER: You get 3% AND you get social security. Most states that pay 3% do NOT get social security at retirement. In fact, very few states pay 3%. Most pay between 1.8 and 2%.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast