WHY are there more minority deputies in jail then in patrol - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Racist.......
    Racist how so? I am a
    Black Republican Conservative that has work the jail for five years. When I applied to this agency I applied for law enforcement and processed as such. At the last moment I was informed the next Law Enforcement Academy was six months away. Instead of waiting I agreed to enter the detetntion side. Throughout my years here it appears that most of the blacks working detention, during the andrea davis days, were told the same thing. Most of us are retired military or have some type of supervisor experience. Yet we continued to get passed over for less experience white kids scared of their own shadow. Not racism it is just the facts.

Unregistered
    Racist how so? I am a
    Black Republican Conservative that has work the jail for five years. When I applied to this agency I applied for law enforcement and processed as such. At the last moment I was informed the next Law Enforcement Academy was six months away. Instead of waiting I agreed to enter the detetntion side. Throughout my years here it appears that most of the blacks working detention, during the andrea davis days, were told the same thing. Most of us are retired military or have some type of supervisor experience. Yet we continued to get passed over for less experience white kids scared of their own shadow. Not racism it is just the facts.
    This is so transparent... I would bet a paycheck that you are the person that started this stupid racist post.

Unregistered
    While driving down Falkenburg Rd I noticed a large amount of minority deputies exiting the jail; mostly blacks.
    Why are they NOT in the black communities?

I would like to see more deputies in black neighborhoods so that black children can grow up knowing law enforcement officers come in all colors.

I like the white deputies in my area they do keep us safe when they are around. BUT the other day, J-Rod managed to shoot up the pawn shop in broad daylight. Where were the deputies then?

Black deputies would be better received by the parents of the children that may straying the wrong way and they may actually truly patrol our neighborhoods.

What happened to walk it and talk it? I haven't seen that since our old deputies left! Right before the riots.
    I am going to respond to the original poster. But first, let me say as a black road deputy, my light skin brothers and sisters in this profession at this agency are some phenomenal people.

To address your post, I would say that you bring up a great issue. Some could point to Recruitment & Screening because every class that I’ve seen with the exception of I believe SOT 9, were law-enforcement classes that had only had 1 to 3 black applicants/trainees out of a class of 35 to 40 people (These numbers being out of approximately 1000 plus applications monthly).

Having never worked in the jail, I was told by those who have that the jail operates differently. Blacks and minorities in general in the jail promote faster than those on the road. Since Andrea Davis was moved out of Recruitment & Screening this trend has seemingly continued. Makes me think that Recruitment & Screening have been merely doing what they instructed to do.

No place is perfect and we have a pretty good here. But it makes me wonder if the lack of minorities on the road is coincidental or is the result of some internal policy from the powers that be. If the latter is the case then there is much hypocrisy that exists when we talk about how diverse this place is.

Unregistered
    This a good topic. That area is under staffed and the core of all our problems. Not enough cops!!!!!! When that is resolved, we can move on to the minorities ratio. This agency doesn’t care. It does only the minimum.
    Are these black deputies law enforcement certified? Working the jail means they are corrections only certified unless they put themselves through a modified law enforcement training and received the license! Do some investigating jerky before you post!

Unregistered
    Are these black deputies law enforcement certified? Working the jail means they are corrections only certified unless they put themselves through a modified law enforcement training and received the license! Do some investigating jerky before you post!
    Well I used to work in recruitment and the poster is correct.
    First off applicants are not certified in anything when they come to us. So if he was offered the detention academy for whatever reason they gave him, then WE hired him as a cadet/trainee and he went through a detention academy.
    He could take a crossover on his own, but that may mean nothing depending on how the command staff wants.
    I could go on but I won't. You obviously aren't employed by hcso; hence the douche bag response. Or perhaps you are one of chads douchebags trying to deflect as to why we don't have enough blacks in black neighborhoods. And btw I am a white deputy and it is very obvious to me that we need more black representation.

Unregistered
    Certification not required. He obviously applied for patrol then later railroaded into jail because of the color of his skin...very common here!
    If he wants to work patrol he could put himself through a crossover academy but that may be a waste of money and time depending on what command staff wants to do for that fiscal year.
    So perhaps you need to know our true requirements prior to drinking the koolaid.

Unregistered
    This is so transparent... I would bet a paycheck that you are the person that started this stupid racist post.
    Yea...i work detention and this is true. I am dual certified and a minority , no write ups, and I am still here.

Unregistered
    Yea...i work detention and this is true. I am dual certified and a minority , no write ups, and I am still here.
    If your not vested put in with TPD! Yes it’s also a 💩 show over there right now. But if they sack their Chief and put that fruity azz Mayor in line things are bound to get better. Shorter time to full pension and smaller area to patrol. Ask yourself, what do I have to lose?

Unregistered
    Racist how so? I am a
    How about this crazy crazy concept. The requirements for the jail are lesser than patrol. There is a reason for it. Patrol is way more mentally taxing. Maybe the answer is as simple as qualifications for patrol not being met and its not a big conspiracy. How about talk to your minority friends and tell them to work towards more college and so on to become more competitive to patrol recruiters. Or should we just hire unqualified people and put them on patrol because of their race. Because that would be a racist double standard. Be happy with the parity pay. The jail is a blessing compared to this set up for failure mouse trap that is patrol. We are used as disposable pawns. Trust me. I worked both.

Unregistered
    If your not vested put in with TPD! Yes it’s also a 💩 show over there right now. But if they sack their Chief and put that fruity azz Mayor in line things are bound to get better. Shorter time to full pension and smaller area to patrol. Ask yourself, what do I have to lose?
    Thanks for the career advise. I shall wait for the passing of the keys.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast