FHP Academy

Thread: FHP Academy

Unregistered

FHP Academy

I worked for Border Patrol for 10 years and went through Army Basic and MP school. I’m just wondering what I’m in for if I join FHP? Is the academy a lot of tossing bunks and getting smoked for other people’s mistakes like the Army? Also, I spoke with a recruiter today and asked her if it’s possible to get assigned to a rural county straight out of the academy. She said it is possible. Has anyone seen this happen or do most new troops go to Miami, Orlando, etc?

Unregistered
    The academy has turned into a joke and is a lot like a weekend at Disney. The agency needs people so bad that they don’t want to run people off the way they used to.

Yes, you will run. Yes, they are going to hold you responsible for other recruits. They’re going to yell at you here and there but if you were prior military it will be nothing new to you.

Surprisingly vacancies are filling up. I believe the state actually has fewer open positions than they have in about the last 10 years. A big advantage about going through the process now is that you will know where you’re going before you take the job. There are no more surprises at the end of the academy like it used to be. Worst case scenario if you get sent somewhere you don’t want to be you can transfer there after your first year assuming there’s an opening.

Unregistered
    Issa joke !!!

Unregistered
    I heard the Major is gone. Any truth to that?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeap, it is true.

Unregistered
    Good for her.

Unregistered
    Where did she go?

Unregistered
    Where did she go?
    She retired

Unregistered
    She retired
    Well good. She deserves it.