Body Cameras
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Body Cameras

Unregistered

Body Cameras

I have one question about body cameras for Bob.

Will the command staff and line level supervisors be required to wear one?

You know, so when they yell at, swear at and demean subordinates there is an actual record of it. I’m not sure what’s considered a policy violation, but from sergeant on up there are people who talk like they want to fight when they have to discuss mistakes they think you’ve made. And there is nothing like being told to come in for a meeting without having a clue what it’s about or who will be there. Rest assured the Command Staff has its “witnesses” assembled when you get there. I wonder if they would say half the shit they say if they knew it was recorded. I’m guessing not. There was a time when if you got your ass chewed it was over. Now you get your ass chewed, sworn at, yelled at and then still face discipline. I’ve seen it from sergeants, lieutenants, captains, majors, and assistant chief deputies.

Unregistered
    Well good news I’m not taking my cam off for any meetings. So there will be a record of that crap

Unregistered
    I think there should be body cameras on the Executive Staff all the time. You know, for those meetings where you motivate people to quit. What you say in ARB’s when they step out. What little deals you pull off with Agency Vendors. Affairs. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Unregistered
    Let them cams run when you talk to boss. That’s for sure. The survey is a cover they have contacted taser already about pricing the axon cam.

Unregistered
    So there are monies for cameras but not load vests?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So there are monies for cameras but not load vests?
    Hey Rambo give it up already those vests look like shyt

Unregistered
    Good luck finding a Rambo with the way this place is going

Unregistered
    I have one question about body cameras for Bob.

Will the command staff and line level supervisors be required to wear one?

You know, so when they yell at, swear at and demean subordinates there is an actual record of it. I’m not sure what’s considered a policy violation, but from sergeant on up there are people who talk like they want to fight when they have to discuss mistakes they think you’ve made. And there is nothing like being told to come in for a meeting without having a clue what it’s about or who will be there. Rest assured the Command Staff has its “witnesses” assembled when you get there. I wonder if they would say half the shit they say if they knew it was recorded. I’m guessing not. There was a time when if you got your ass chewed it was over. Now you get your ass chewed, sworn at, yelled at and then still face discipline. I’ve seen it from sergeants, lieutenants, captains, majors, and assistant chief deputies.
    Body cams for the executive staff? Are you nuts? Of course they are exempt. Good luck bringing your body cam to some meeting or an ARB. Not going to happen. Body cams are only for the working deputies because they are the most expendable.

Unregistered
    Body cams for the executive staff? Are you nuts? Of course they are exempt. Good luck bringing your body cam to some meeting or an ARB. Not going to happen. Body cams are only for the working deputies because they are the most expendable.
    You buy hidden cameras which I recommend.

Unregistered

Gyro George

Imagine if Assistant Chief Deputy George Steffen had to wear a Body Camera at work. All those countless names he has called subordinates in meetings would have been recorded. All of those threats he has made to subordinates would have been recorded. All of those things he claims he has never heard of would have been recorded. He wouldn’t be able to say the lie “this is the first I’ve heard this” ever again. He wouldn’t have any excuses for the indecision and ignorance he has shown ever since he has had any rank. The Sheriff might actually learn that he is a lying, conniving and vindictive old man who never forgets. That’s opposite of what the Sheriff claims. I think the line is “we have thick skin and a short memory.” Yeah, Gyro George got that backwards as “I have thin skin and a long memory.” Except when that memory involves knowledge of wrong doing involving someone below him that he knew about and ignored, until it was brought to his attention by the Sheriff. Then it’s “this is the first I’ve heard of this,” with a convincing shake of his head as he looks down in fake shock. Yeah, I’m all for Body Cameras for all. Bring them on.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast