Thoughts on the department.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Thoughts on the department.

Wanted some feedback about the department. I know that nowhere is perfect, but a say from some that work there would be greatly appreciated. How are the benefits, morale, etc. Any information you think is important would be very useful. I have experience in DOC, Detention and Patrol. Thank you in advance and stay safe out there.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wanted some feedback about the department. I know that nowhere is perfect, but a say from some that work there would be greatly appreciated. How are the benefits, morale, etc. Any information you think is important would be very useful. I have experience in DOC, Detention and Patrol. Thank you in advance and stay safe out there.
    Our department is a joke. Officers sleeping with itherviffiers wives, favoritism, unfair employees rights and the laziest sack of shits. Go to Clearwater

Unregistered
    I think the pizza is pretty good.

Unregistered
    This place is like the girl in high school that you see at the twenty year reunion. You look at her and you say, she use to be fine and the best looking one in class and you wonder what happened to her.

Unregistered
    In a nutshell? Almost everybody hates it here, and nobody leaves because they're not qualified to make $100k doing anything else. But right now almost every cop hates it wherever they work, and few come close to our compensation vs. cost of living ratio.

Unregistered
    Our department is a joke. Officers sleeping with itherviffiers wives, favoritism, unfair employees rights and the laziest sack of shits. Go to Clearwater
    Clearwater haha what a joke they come here.

Unregistered

Smile

I very much appreciate all of your responses. I hear pretty much the same thing when I ask about a department " don't come here.... or go here... or go there...). One thing for sure is many people do want to come and work for TPD. Its not a perfect department, but there are ups and downs everywhere. One thing for sure from personal experience, it cant get any worse than working in the jail, but who knows maybe I might be wrong ( and that's not Hillsborough or Pinellas). Stay safe out there.

Unregistered

Consider this

My cousin works in a small department outside of Boston. His wife was diagnosed with cancer two years ago. She is in remission after battling the cancer for two years at a cost of 1.2 million dollars. Will our healthcare trust cover our spouses is this happens to us. What if the healthcare trust got hit with four of of souses got cancer at the same time. Is there enough money in the trust fund to cover our loved ones in they come down with cancer or COVID-19?

Unregistered
    My cousin works in a small department outside of Boston. His wife was diagnosed with cancer two years ago. She is in remission after battling the cancer for two years at a cost of 1.2 million dollars. Will our healthcare trust cover our spouses is this happens to us. What if the healthcare trust got hit with four of of souses got cancer at the same time. Is there enough money in the trust fund to cover our loved ones in they come down with cancer or COVID-19?
    Your cousin is a worthless piece of shizzit.

Unregistered
    Don’t be a cop anywhere in this environment. Except TIA they have it made. Glorified security with police pay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast