And so it begins - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We should just establish a metropolitan police department and restore sanity to St. Petersburg. Violence and drug trafficking are going to increase dramatically and I'm sick of seeing criminals from St.Petersburg zipcodes coming into the rest of the county with impunity. It isnt a race thing. Decent black people dont deserve this anymore than the rest of the countys citizens.

Take a drive through any of the areas outside of old northeast that sppd is responsible for. Its completely out of control. You literally cant drive down avenues without having to stop for drug transactions. Its like stopping for a school bus its so normal.

I'll say it again. The normal black citizens ive talked to dont want this. They dont want dope and guns and violence. Stop pandering to the savages.
    That’s all well and good, but cities have charters and rights. You can’t just absorb their PD. But St Pete could use a dose of real law enforcement. And that’s not their officer’s fault. That’s because they have spineless brass who answer to a spineless city manager and a ***** of a mayor who kisses the ass of criminals. I would hate working at that shit hole.

Unregistered
    Previous poster nailed it. Looks like body cams on the way and I have no doubt a civilian review board will be close behind.

Unregistered
    That’s all well and good, but cities have charters and rights. You can’t just absorb their PD. But St Pete could use a dose of real law enforcement. And that’s not their officer’s fault. That’s because they have spineless brass who answer to a spineless city manager and a ***** of a mayor who kisses the ass of criminals. I would hate working at that shit hole.
    Most of the deputies couldn’t handle the call volume in St.Pete let alone bust some heads down there. Our agency has changed. As Pinellas county becomes more urban do it becomes more liberal. The good ole days are over. But the good news is that they have to pay more to keep the deputies work here with all new rules and regulations. If they thru don’t, this place will be a revolving door. Better be a good report writer and good decision maker or you won’t last ten years here. Good luck.

Unregistered
    Jump in the life boat and paddle. This county I’d going down

Unregistered

Ridiculous, Bob shows his true colors

Make no mistake about it. Bob is not a republican or a conservative. He is a liberal two-face and a flip flopper who panders to the ones who scream the loudest. If he was really vested in your welfare, he would have nutted up and said we aren't changing anything. Mark my words, next comes the body cameras followed by the citizen review boards and the loss of qualified immunity. The survey is his way of telling the agency he's already made his decision but he wants inclusion from the masses. I guarantee the masses will vote for the body cameras. He tipped his hand a few weeks ago when he said he was watching how SPPD liked them. However, that won't stop the anarchists, they will never be satisfied until there aren't any law enforcement left to control society. Job well done Bob. Way to puss out and cow tow to the shitbirds ruining our society. Are you going to fund legal counsel for the deputies who shoot someone or use force that likely will cause death or serious bodily injury, or re you going to let them hang out there and fund their defense themselves? You want 9.9 million more in your budget? How about including a legal defense fund for your deputies who use deadly force in the performance of their duties? There is no need for anyone else to investigate your agency's use of deadly force. There is no reason to have body cameras. There is no need for any of this shiz. Why aren't you asking the important question of those who want to defund the police or "re-imagine policing?" Show me the empirical data to support your position that there is systemic racism in American policing. Let's get to the heart of the matter before you go and change the way business is conducted at the PCSO. Stop the madness now and have the balls to stand up to the "MOVEMENT" that's demanding change. Now is the time. Are you leading the way to a safer Pinellas or just a follower like everyone else? I know....every vote counts doesn't Bob. Oh yea, I can't wait for your next clarification of a lengthy email that is spoken by a liberal attorney. My last question to you Bob is when will society have to play by the same rules as law enforcement? NEVER! Why anyone would want to get into this profession today is beyond me. Give us a break!!!

Unregistered
    Time for the sheriff to man up and have a read off and talk to the troops. When was the last time he attended a read off or worked a shift? It’s easy to talk about what you should do from the comfort of the secure 3 floor office. Just come tell the rank and file people and tell them what your plan is for body cams and the like

Unregistered
    Get ready for a memo full of the most odiferous bovine excrement to date from Sheriff Bob Gualtieri. A Sheriff in name only but a skilled liar when is suits his political career, which is all that matters to him. He has watched what has happened at SPPD and decided the rules of the game have changed and his politics are changing with them. While he has consistently stated he is against body cams, now he is open to the idea. Same with the investigations of agency serious incidents and shootings by other parties. Bob Gualtieri is not leading the way to a safer Pinellas, he is following the way to a safer re-election. That's what it is all about because he is finally facing a Democrat opponent who is for body cams and outside the agency investigations. And there are a lot of Democrats in Pinellas county who think Santana has some good ideas. Bob Gualtieri has calculated that supporting these liberal changes is worth more politically than supporting his deputies and the promises made since he was appointed Sheriff.

Unregistered
    The boss will cut you lose as soon as it helps him

Unregistered
    The boss will cut you lose as soon as it helps him
    Bob takes his cues from TBT which is in favor of body cams and civilian review boards dominated by minority community organizers. He knows he is in trouble if TBT endorses Santana.

Unregistered
    A civilian review board is meaningless as long as they only review closed cases. The sppd board basically ask IA questions about the case. That’s all

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast