Skip Meeting

Thread: Skip Meeting

Unregistered

Skip Meeting

Has anyone heard what happened in the skip meeting?

Unregistered
    Getting a new snow cone machine and K9

Unregistered

Same old

Same things as always.

We care about you, your not a number we are a family here. We are working on staffing and pay they are important.

Didn’t address anything about staffing except to deflect and say that’s it’s bad everywhere. Like that excuses the gross mismanagement that our agency has experienced in recruitment/retention.

He also laid the groundwork to justify our lack of a raise and I use that term loosely since I don’t consider the 3% or 5% a raise it’s more of a cost of living adjustment. But we probably won’t be getting that either this year.

No real hard questions asked which is to be expected since if you bring anything up then you get penalized.

Spike Hopkins
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Same things as always.

We care about you, your not a number we are a family here. We are working on staffing and pay they are important.

Didn’t address anything about staffing except to deflect and say that’s it’s bad everywhere. Like that excuses the gross mismanagement that our agency has experienced in recruitment/retention.

He also laid the groundwork to justify our lack of a raise and I use that term loosely since I don’t consider the 3% or 5% a raise it’s more of a cost of living adjustment. But we probably won’t be getting that either this year.

No real hard questions asked which is to be expected since if you bring anything up then you get penalized.
    That's odd, in one of his latest campaign videos, Dennis states they are fully staffed by deputies and civilians. He said he's one of the only agencies in the area that's able to fully staff their manpower. Yet, you have so many openings in your patrol and have to hire so much overtime.

I know the north end has gone 10/8 with only 4 or 5 deputies at a time. Not only is this a concern to the community but it's definitely an officer safety concern

As I have said before, patrol is the backbone of the agency.

You have a great ability to control who your leader is. The question is, how bad do you want this change? I can't think all the deputies who are helping me already enough. Feel free to email me and find out what you can do behind the scenes to get the word out. Don't worry, I would never ask you to do anything that would get you in trouble. I just need your help and spreading the word.

My family and I pray for all the great men and women at the SCSO. Please be safe out there, no matter what your job is within the agency.

Spike

Spike Hopkins
    Same things as always.

That's odd, in one of his latest campaign videos, Dennis states they are fully staffed by deputies and civilians. He said he's one of the only agencies in the area that's able to fully staff their manpower. Yet, you have so many openings in your patrol and have to hire so much overtime.

I know the north end has gone 10/8 with only 4 or 5 deputies at a time. Not only is this a concern to the community but it's definitely an officer safety concern

As I have said before, patrol is the backbone of the agency.

You have a great ability to control who your leader is. The question is, how bad do you want this change? I can't think all the deputies who are helping me already enough. Feel free to email me and find out what you can do behind the scenes to get the word out. Don't worry, I would never ask you to do anything that would get you in trouble. I just need your help and spreading the word.

My family and I pray for all the great men and women at the SCSO. Please be safe out there, no matter what your job is within the agency.

Spike

Unregistered

Maybe he was already counting 40 deputies sworn in today. 40....

Unregistered

Maybe he was already counting 40 deputies sworn in today. 40....
    Actually it was 42 last week