Veto of the IRP - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Veto of the IRP

Unregistered
    PBA lies to us all the time. Why you surprised.

Unregistered
    PBA has 000 leverage on these people.... if you don’t know or understand that, good luck, keep believing unicorns exist.... and It’s well known and even documented Gimenez vetoed this “last” version of the IRP to protect himself, we just happened to be in the same boat as him, if not, he would have had 00 problem hanging us out to dry in the name of “public trust and transparency and all the other BS”...

Unregistered
    I knew the PBA messsage was BS. ISH and company lied to us again. Wtf are they doing there.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I knew the PBA messsage was BS. ISH and company lied to us again. Wtf are they doing there.
    Collecting hefty PBA paychecks

Unregistered
    Dan you were already warned about the lies and mentioning Ish’s name. He won’t sit back on you.

Unregistered
    What pee es me Off about PBA is that they need to lie about everything. Nothing is truthful. Not one topic. They must have a serious guilt factor. Shameful organization.
    Give credit when it’s due but don’t take credit when it’s not earned.
    What lie??? Under this PBA leadership they have been very transparent you ex PBA losers need to get lives!!! You remind us of Hillary Clinton waaah waaah orange man bad waaah waaah Stahl hurt my feelings!

Unregistered
    What lie??? Under this PBA leadership they have been very transparent you ex PBA losers need to get lives!!! You remind us of Hillary Clinton waaah waaah orange man bad waaah waaah Stahl hurt my feelings!
    I suppose your constant lies is what you call transparent but that’s not transparent to the rest of the grit eating world Steadman. Get your hillbilly mentality straight dude.

Unregistered
    Thank you for the veto Mayor and Director. Whatever the reason, thank you.

Unregistered
    Thank you PBA for pointing out stupidities like your little stop bcc meeting. How childish. Is this what you consider victory’s for us members. Really! What has the PBA become.

Unregistered
    Bargaining Unit Members,

On July 17, 2020, Mayor Carlos Gimenez vetoed the County Commission’s passage of an independent review panel (IRP). The Board of County Commissioners (BCC) had a special meeting scheduled to discuss the IRP this morning. Yesterday, I sent the attached letter to the BCC advising them that the two items on their agenda were inappropriately before the BCC and in violation of the Code of Miami-Dade County.

Issue with Item #1 - The signatures provided by county commissioners on the written notice of a special meeting (see attached), appeared that several signatures (perhaps as many as five signatures) are not original handwritten by the county commissioner themselves, but rather are a stamp signature without the prerequisite accompanying signature of the staffer who is authorized to use the stamp on behalf of the respective commissioner, in violation of the requirements of Rule 3.03. Therefore, without a waiver of the Rules of Procedure, which requires a 2/3 vote of the BCC members present, the whole calling of the special meeting fails for lack of the required proper signatures.

Issue with Item #2 - Pursuant to Rule 9.03.05 of the Rules of Procedure of the County Commission, no such ballot question set forth in said agenda item can be placed on the upcoming November 3, 2020 general election ballot without first obtaining the requisite affirmative vote of two-thirds (2/3) of those commissioners present at the BCC special meeting.

The South Florida PBA demanded that the BCC adhere to its own rules of procedure including the requirement to obtain an affirmative vote of at least two-thirds (2/3) of commissioners present on a motion to waive the rules in order to consider Special Item No. 1 and a separate motion to place the question found in Special Item No. 2 on the November 3, 2020 ballot.

The County agreed with the PBA’s interpretation of the rules and the special meeting was canceled.

We will remain in the fight to insure that your rights are always protected.

Steadman Stahl

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast