Quitting PBA
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quitting PBA

Unregistered

Quitting PBA

If you make the decision to quit the PBA, the process is very simple. First, send an email to: laura@flpba.org, stating your name, your address, and the last four digits of your SSN, so she can confirm your identity. In the email, state your desire to cancel your PBA membership. In about a day, you will receive a response stating that the PBA has cancelled your membership, and letting you know all the valuable prizes you have lost out on. There will be a letter attached advising the state to stop taking PBA dues from your check.

That's it, you've quit the PBA. It's very likely that not paying the PBA dues will be the only raise you get for quite a while.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you make the decision to quit the PBA, the process is very simple. First, send an email to: laura@flpba.org, stating your name, your address, and the last four digits of your SSN, so she can confirm your identity. In the email, state your desire to cancel your PBA membership. In about a day, you will receive a response stating that the PBA has cancelled your membership, and letting you know all the valuable prizes you have lost out on. There will be a letter attached advising the state to stop taking PBA dues from your check.

That's it, you've quit the PBA. It's very likely that not paying the PBA dues will be the only raise you get for quite a while.
    I don't pay for pba and I get the same privileges as pba members. Thanks to all of you that do pay.

Unregistered
    Although u might not b happy with the results lately of PBA as a bargaining unit but in today’s environment I hope the other part they provide in legal assistance that u have some type of coverage.

Unregistered
    Why quit pba?

Unregistered
    So how did that Zoom conference go? PBA is only going to get you satisfaction if there is a violation of the contract. Beyond that, anything else by them is just posturing. Command staff will listen and go "yeah yeah yeah" as they should, but 99.9% of the time they are going to tell PBA to pack sand! Why? Because most of the complaints come from members who don't like their supervisor or are offended they may actually have to work. NEWSFLASH!!! Not liking your supervisor is not a violation of the contract. They don't have to like you and vice-versa. Your supervisor reviewing your work is not a violation of the contract. Them making assignments or planning your activities is not a violation of the contract. Didn't give you card or buy you chocolate chocolate chip muffins for your birthday? Not a violation of the contract. Didn't give you a hug and let you take off 5 days because your former neighbor that you babysat 20 years ago had a 115 year old grandmother pass away. Not a violation of contract. I can go on but I think you know where I am going with this.

Legal coverage... that is what you pay PBA for. It is better than IUPA and FOP. That is a fact. Pray you never need it, but if you do then you will be thankful you were a member all those years.

By the way, CF is doing a great job and doing exactly what she should be doing. Don't blame her because you didn't get your way.

Unregistered
    There are a few hard core morons concentrated in one office that are the source of 94.57% of the nonsense statewide. Like roaches, they thrive.
    Eliminate 208 during the state of emergency. That will work better than Raid. After the state of emergency no more use of state car for 208. That will make this a better place for those that remain.

Unregistered
    There are a few hard core morons concentrated in one office that are the source of 94.57% of the nonsense statewide. Like roaches, they thrive.
    Eliminate 208 during the state of emergency. That will work better than Raid. After the state of emergency no more use of state car for 208. That will make this a better place for those that remain.
    The common denominator in your disappointing relationships is YOU.

Do your job and do it well. You will have all the support you will need to be successful.

Unregistered

Absolutely

I agree 100% that 208’s should be canceled during the state of emergency. I’m going to throw them a curveball and ask them if I can work as a cashier at the Tom thumb and drive my state vehicle. Cheaper than driving my car!

Unregistered
    I agree 100% that 208’s should be canceled during the state of emergency. I’m going to throw them a curveball and ask them if I can work as a cashier at the Tom thumb and drive my state vehicle. Cheaper than driving my car!
    We have several statewide that drive their state cars to teach at their local police academy which technically is not law enforcement work. Teaching at the academy can be done without use of your state car. Non-sworn do it all the time and so do full-time members of the academy. The reason some were allowed was due to a former Chief who was mesmerized and fooled by an agent.

The analogy is this... if I get a job at Chick-fil-A can I drive my state car there? I need my state car there no more than someone who teaches.

Unregistered

racist ABT

never do nothing to vitamin girl but will make examples out of a minority in a big office or an is-II we see it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast