Assistant Chief CM - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Very soon. Although very soon she will be getting a cushy job working for the city. Just like the other one. disgrace.

Unregistered
    Chris Morales is a liar.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Chris Morales is a liar.
    And everyone else.

Unregistered
    And everyone else.
    Lear's gone, Garrison to follow shortly, Morales to be Chief which means all those Lee County Northees will be without there mentor and leave to return to the wild west!!! Unfortunately, under Morales command the good old boys will rise again. But then again with only the support of Lukes and Emerich, the new commissioners might pick an outsider with less KV style antics and history. Time for an outsider with no family connections Time to hire a Chief who can be more fiscally responsible to the taxpayers, Morales will not be. He pushed for the tank, he pushed for the unmarked traffic units and now the motorcycles, he was always the good old boys leader. We cannot regress back to the KV/Morales era .But then again who would apply here for the Chiefs job after the last round of applicants were treated the way they were. Next few weeks will tell

Unregistered
    Chris Morales is a liar.
    I was so happy when this board went silent. Way back I thought leoaffairs was a place to air legitimate concerns about working conditions without being punished by admin. Instead it turned toxic much like the culture at the PD. Mud slinging and name calling, nothing more. So I looked into other departments on the website and it’s the same thing. A bunch of anonymous posters writing libel and slander about supervisors and admin. Don’t believe me go and look for yourself. Apparently no police supervisor and no police administrator has any clue what they are doing, they are all evil people with psychological problems who all seem to enjoy making people suffer needlessly. From Sarasota to Fort Myers, from Citrus to Miami go see the other boards and they are all the same negative outbursts as ours. Leoaffairs has delegitimized any viable concerns we have about staffing, fairness in speciality assignments and promotions and so on. I have heard many say that we are our own worst enemies, this board proves that. Calling this guy a liar, or that one incompetent, or the other one over there as out for only themselves is no argument that can stand up to the collective bargaining or arbitration process. It’s an argument that did not work for Bowe Bergdahl when he abandoned his post because of his problems with his leadership, and it’s an argument that won’t work for us. Maybe CM is a liar, I do not know him well enough to say. But is this the place to do that because you can? How does this help us attain improved working conditions? 2020 was already hard enough on everybody why would we make it any harder?

Unregistered
    I was so happy when this board went silent. Way back I thought leoaffairs was a place to air legitimate concerns about working conditions without being punished by admin. Instead it turned toxic much like the culture at the PD. Mud slinging and name calling, nothing more. So I looked into other departments on the website and it’s the same thing. A bunch of anonymous posters writing libel and slander about supervisors and admin. Don’t believe me go and look for yourself. Apparently no police supervisor and no police administrator has any clue what they are doing, they are all evil people with psychological problems who all seem to enjoy making people suffer needlessly. From Sarasota to Fort Myers, from Citrus to Miami go see the other boards and they are all the same negative outbursts as ours. Leoaffairs has delegitimized any viable concerns we have about staffing, fairness in speciality assignments and promotions and so on. I have heard many say that we are our own worst enemies, this board proves that. Calling this guy a liar, or that one incompetent, or the other one over there as out for only themselves is no argument that can stand up to the collective bargaining or arbitration process. It’s an argument that did not work for Bowe Bergdahl when he abandoned his post because of his problems with his leadership, and it’s an argument that won’t work for us. Maybe CM is a liar, I do not know him well enough to say. But is this the place to do that because you can? How does this help us attain improved working conditions? 2020 was already hard enough on everybody why would we make it any harder?
    be here awhile newbie before you spout off, it is what we inherited, change will never happen unless the general public is aware of just what is transpiring within, There is a sub culture here, entrenched in there cushy jobs for which in any other dept they would not qualify for, but hey that's life. You have no idea what the good old boys and there network led by A Chief CM, ML and there cronies have done to get where they are. Kudos to Chief G and his crew in recognizing this and finally at least trying to fix it. Unless you had experienced the KV/MP and CM era and the ineptness experienced by us all who just wanted to do our jobs then you have no reason to criticize LEO affairs, because the dept you are now working in was changed from its nasty past to the one it is today because the taxpayers and citizens read LEO and demanded change. You can thank LEO affairs for the change which included better pay, better patrol vehs and equipment etc. So before you spout off, know your history

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Smile

I agree with the above poster, that many many positive changes for the better came from the discussions on this board. I also agree that the personal attacks undermines the profession. I chose this forum because FB was too anti-cop and i never wanted it to be about that. I learned cops are more brutal to cops than many on FB! I really wish we could openly engage and discuss the issues without all the personal attacks.

As a citizen with a sudden distrust, I wanted to find a better way .. i came here expecting to discuss and try to understand what happened in my home and what we could do to change it. What I found was much more like FB but anonymous. It took me forever to understand why we couldnt just converse and solve the problems. I appreciate those who trusted and shared with me off line. While I respect your positions, i dont envy you being in a place where you cannot speak freely. [Id be fired about 30 minutes into the job!]

Happy 2021 All =)

Unregistered
    I confirmed today that the chief is stepping down. Heard city hall was talking with KV to come back.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I agree with the above poster, that many many positive changes for the better came from the discussions on this board. I also agree that the personal attacks undermines the profession. I chose this forum because FB was too anti-cop and i never wanted it to be about that. I learned cops are more brutal to cops than many on FB! I really wish we could openly engage and discuss the issues without all the personal attacks.

As a citizen with a sudden distrust, I wanted to find a better way .. i came here expecting to discuss and try to understand what happened in my home and what we could do to change it. What I found was much more like FB but anonymous. It took me forever to understand why we couldnt just converse and solve the problems. I appreciate those who trusted and shared with me off line. While I respect your positions, i dont envy you being in a place where you cannot speak freely. [Id be fired about 30 minutes into the job!]

Happy 2021 All =)
    what to some seems sarcasm to others who live it daily is the truth. SG you led the fight to clean this dept up. You have to agree the clique or what we refer to as the good old boys club was basically the root of what was wrong here, in addition to the outing and subsequent resigning GED Chief and a very inept administration. Now we have a chief who is actually addressing the remainder of the good old boys who have just skated by on the taxpayers dime. Most of which were promoted and protected by now CM. He is the ringleader per se here. This boys club only exists because of CM. We will have to wait until the new commission gets grounded, but CM is a charmer who will tell you what you want to hear and depending what side of his face he's talking out of. As stated he is politically very dangerous, hometown boy with some juice, (which he lost a valued ally in VC and Lear) Chief G has to know by now how CM is. Chief G has to finally dissolve the good old boy, demote the unqualified ones and make them do there jobs. In addition as stated numerous times in the past, when KV and CM had the reigns there were no promotional opportunities for females or minorities and to this day how many ranking females or minorities do we have ???? How many of the entrenched good old boys have rank Sgt and above ??? Chief G needs to make his move now to make the changes he needs to bring this place forward. There is a wall of under threat silence here, speak out they will get you !!! The era of the crazed K9's. brutality and sex parties might be gone in part but the good old boys are still thriving. CM,ML,ES KW and other detectives need to go or be replaced. The taxpayers have a right, especially with the taxes you pay to demand a professional PD, you can buy all the toys in the world, but it is just rewarding the favored one, further alienating us who just want to do our job, be promoted and move on. If Chief G retires, you can certainly bet on the fact CM will be the next Chief..

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    what to some seems sarcasm to others who live it daily is the truth. SG you led the fight to clean this dept up. You have to agree the clique or what we refer to as the good old boys club was basically the root of what was wrong here, in addition to the outing and subsequent resigning GED Chief and a very inept administration. Now we have a chief who is actually addressing the remainder of the good old boys who have just skated by on the taxpayers dime. Most of which were promoted and protected by now CM. He is the ringleader per se here. This boys club only exists because of CM. We will have to wait until the new commission gets grounded, but CM is a charmer who will tell you what you want to hear and depending what side of his face he's talking out of. As stated he is politically very dangerous, hometown boy with some juice, (which he lost a valued ally in VC and Lear) Chief G has to know by now how CM is. Chief G has to finally dissolve the good old boy, demote the unqualified ones and make them do there jobs. In addition as stated numerous times in the past, when KV and CM had the reigns there were no promotional opportunities for females or minorities and to this day how many ranking females or minorities do we have ???? How many of the entrenched good old boys have rank Sgt and above ??? Chief G needs to make his move now to make the changes he needs to bring this place forward. There is a wall of under threat silence here, speak out they will get you !!! The era of the crazed K9's. brutality and sex parties might be gone in part but the good old boys are still thriving. CM,ML,ES KW and other detectives need to go or be replaced. The taxpayers have a right, especially with the taxes you pay to demand a professional PD, you can buy all the toys in the world, but it is just rewarding the favored one, further alienating us who just want to do our job, be promoted and move on. If Chief G retires, you can certainly bet on the fact CM will be the next Chief..
    I don't disagree that the good old boys club being a serious flag in the past Admin but for me, the root cause was failed inept leadership. I think Chief Garrison has far exceeded expectations in the PDs turnaround In a very short, and tumuluous 30 months. He must be doing something right and his spot is secure for as long as he chooses to remain.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast