Assistant Chief CM - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    what you deem transparency is now and always been the opposite. I have no grievance with Chief G, but, if you are naïve enough to believe for one minute he runs things here and that morale is good, then well life is good behind your rose colored glasses. Do you think, based upon what has already transpired in the past any women or minority would file such a grievance, our union is run by CM and his boys. It would most certainly be the quickest way to being fired and blackballed. Take the glasses off and see what is going on here, lee north wants a real police dept, or what they conceive to be a real police dept, not one where the cronies of cm are put into positions they never should of had. Chief G has tried, actually swept a lot under the rug, unlike his predecessor who along with cm and the boys didn't care what they did or the consequences, Mayberry still exists, just a new sheriff !!!!!!! No one is going to discuss the union on this forum. Also so you know there are more than a few eligible females and minorities with enough time in to be eligible for promotions or assignments, if you remember, that was KV and CM excuse years ago. The leadership per se has changed but the players are very much still the same !!!!!
    You need help. The moral here is strong. You speak of the minority and not the majority. CLEARLY YOUR a "lone" opinion writer on this ongoing thread and possibly several other threads.

Several of us "on the job" members have told both Chiefs that the issues being raised are with a few and that they don't speak for the entire Department. You've mentioned in several of these posts, "good old boys" or "CM and his boys." There is no good old boys or CM boys, just those who have made NPPD their career here. I am a union member and a supervisor with over 16 years at our department. I've seen this department change many times, sometimes good and sometimes bad. But that happens in any agency. I don't get involved in the drama. I stay out of it, because I don't let it involve me. But I will not allow people to be individually or by group be attacked here that don't deserve to be, such as CM, ML, ES or Lee North. Your so called "cronies" have been promoted by Chief Garrison to higher ranks. Now, there are those saying officers from Lee County are getting all the promotions or specialty positions when they haven't even finished their probation period. So should we say there is a good old boy system there too? The answer is no, because there isn't any good old boy system on either side. It's perception of some who believe there is, when there actually isn't. People are put into positions because they are qualified for it. If you don't believe this, then why don't YOU walk in the Chiefs office (after you make an appointment with Jen Ayres because I don't believe you even work here anymore), text him, call him or email him and ask him if any cronies, good old boys or Lee North boys deserved to he promoted? Stop hiding behind your keyboard to attack people and our department. Chief is no fool, he is a great leader, and one who knows people's skills and abilities. Yes he has brought in people from the outside who have the experience to bring balance to this agency. I never thought I would ever subject myself to responding to someone on this forum. So Congratulations, your stupidity has proved me wrong.

Unregistered
    There have been females and minorites hired under cheif G, however, take a look at how many females have also left the dept. We have zero females in any positions of command. Females do not want to be in a command position under this admin. Period! You won't find proof of them being overlooked because they don't waste their time applying for promotions. Promotions have no bearing on qualifications or policy. If anyone puts in for a promotion and a Lee C person applies we all know who's got it. Even if doesn't follow policy. "Cheif's discretion" and Cheif has built his Little Lee. Just look at Admin, CID, and all promotion since he took over. We have lost some good detective because or MB (the snake) and his unethical practices. Upstairs is a mess with everyone trying to get the hell out. Cheif G is a great bser and if SG thinks he's been straight and she's on the inside of the circle, she's delusional. If you don't walk the halls and deal with this bipolar admin antics everyday, you have no idea how volital this place is. I've never worked at an agency where everyone was constantly walking on eggshells and the moral was so bad. We have a lot of great employees, but when you have to watch your back from those at the top every day, it really sucks.

Unregistered
    Hahaha...bad information because the cheif told me so!!!! Because he's going to tell you how much he hates his neighborhood and feels that he's above NP. He's headed out of here as fast as he can. Hopefully he takes his shady cronies with him. MB is the biggest snake, rules and laws don't apply and he'll find any way he can to get around them.

Unregistered
    Obviously you are either new to NPPD or one of the handful of disgruntled few that can no longer skate by. This is a ton better than KV. I witnessed plenty of qualified people get passed up under KV because they were not part of the club. Some people from other agencies have gotten specialty positions but look at their experience. As for woman, did you not even read the email from the Chief. He can't deviate from the union contract to promote a Sergeant. I will gladly work for TG as it is better than the previous chief and good ol boy system. I just want to come to work and do my job. I sure hope we don't go backwards. Can anyone remember the last time the union asked the majority of the members input before running to the city or chief with some complaint. I know I have never been asked. Remember Narcan??

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    There have been females and minorites hired under cheif G, however, take a look at how many females have also left the dept. We have zero females in any positions of command. Females do not want to be in a command position under this admin. Period! You won't find proof of them being overlooked because they don't waste their time applying for promotions. Promotions have no bearing on qualifications or policy. If anyone puts in for a promotion and a Lee C person applies we all know who's got it. Even if doesn't follow policy. "Cheif's discretion" and Cheif has built his Little Lee. Just look at Admin, CID, and all promotion since he took over. We have lost some good detective because or MB (the snake) and his unethical practices. Upstairs is a mess with everyone trying to get the hell out. Cheif G is a great bser and if SG thinks he's been straight and she's on the inside of the circle, she's delusional. If you don't walk the halls and deal with this bipolar admin antics everyday, you have no idea how volital this place is. I've never worked at an agency where everyone was constantly walking on eggshells and the moral was so bad. We have a lot of great employees, but when you have to watch your back from those at the top every day, it really sucks.
    In my opinion, if a woman or a minority doesnt have the confidence to apply.. then Do they even have what it what it takes to lead?

I am in no inner circle.. I have exactly zero idea what goes on in PD on a day to day basis. What i have is a open line of communication directly to Chief to clarify rumors or questions.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    In my opinion, if a woman or a minority doesnt have the confidence to apply.. then Do they even have what it what it takes to lead?

I am in no inner circle.. I have exactly zero idea what goes on in PD on a day to day basis. What i have is a open line of communication directly to Chief to clarify rumors or questions.
    let us address your opinion, (1st we all know what opinions are) this dept does not actively recruit women/minorities for open promotional positions and has shown bias towards women or minorities wanting advancement. Which part of women/minorities will not apply then become the subject of possible harassment or worse. There has been one female sgt in the history of this dept and no minorities. How many white males have been promoted in the past few years ??? So not having what you call the confidence is certainly derogatory and demeaning to both females and minorities. Confidence really has nothing to do with it. They are smart enough to not rock the boat and attract the ire of the boys club which you state does not exist !!! This goes ditto for your what it takes to lead comment really, wow what a sexist remark !!! In regards to your so called open line, you are told just what they want you to know, I find it hard to believe with all the past and present female commissioners that minorities and females have not advance past detective, and then sex crime and property. Youi preach, things have changed, agree and disagree, Chief G is a nice guy, but he does not run this place, CM does and his non existent boys club.. Thought you were smart enough to not drink the koolaid, based upon your reply here you must believe women need to know there place in the NPPD

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    You assume to know my opinions on issues that I dont even know exist. How the eff do you expect the public to know there is a problem, let alone believe the claims.. when none of ya applied for it or filed a grievance... blah blha anonymous girl gossip... Confidence absolutely matters.

if you want the position, you got to apply for it. Next, is being the best choice for the job. I look at the staff roster and i see limited female experience. I do know, to not TRY but to ASSUME, ***** and WHine aint leadership.

Take you Sexist BS and shove it...

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    You assume to know my opinions on issues that I dont even know exist. How the eff do you expect the public to know there is a problem, let alone believe the claims.. when none of ya applied for it or filed a grievance... blah blha anonymous girl gossip... Confidence absolutely matters.

if you want the position, you got to apply for it. Next, is being the best choice for the job. I look at the staff roster and i see limited female experience. I do know, to not TRY but to ASSUME, ***** and WHine aint leadership.

Take you Sexist BS and shove it...
    off your meds again !!!!

Unregistered
    I find it interesting a so called 16 year white male in a leadership position wants every one to believe there is no problem. And all of you are making up stories. Now that speaks truth. Give me a break. Just another member of the good old boys trying to protect his pension and leadership position. what a joke

Unregistered
    Bottom line. No matter what the Chief does or who he hires at the end of the day the second in command is a remnant if the worst era in our history. Why has he never made that change? No balls. Same shiz different guy. If he wants us to believe in his leadership then make sure CM never has a chance to take us backwards. Sorry chief you are a good dude you just don’t understand what we went through and all that was going down and the entire time CM was bff with Messpia. You have failed to do the right thing sir. For instance first thing Sheriff Hoffman did was fire Maj. Paul Richards. You have to clean house and you have yet to eliminate part of the cause.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast