De-annexation of West Villages from North Port coming? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    De-annexed: 0

Still a part of the City of North Port: 1

Put up or shut up! LOL
    Was the land annexed before or after it was developed?

Unregistered
    If my memory serves me correctly, the county was laying water pipes on undeveloped land. Nothing was there (yet) except freshly paved streets and orange dirt and plots for houses to be built -- and then the city annexed it. It upset the county because the county had already paid to have the pipes plotted -- and was mid-stream in laying the pipes into the ground. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Unregistered
    O do not blame the west villages. After the uneducated yahoos gave the city a big raise taxes skyrocketed. H ha this year they act like they are doing everyone a favor. What a joke. VC thinks she runs the show. All her votes are votes on who is her friend that day. Luke what a joke not once has she worried about anyone but herself and the city employees. Hello we are in a pandemic another joke. Not once does she think anyone struggling because of her votes and absolute uneducated assumptions. But she has some besties that will back her. Even though they would destroy anyone else that did the same thing. Hypocrisy at its best. Hanks ha the voters spoke there. Emirich a drunkard who follows like a sheep. The only one that really cares is MCDowell and the west villages are going after her. COME ON SHE is the only one that said no stop the spending and taxing. This town is a joke with uneducated fools running it. I guess they are all living in their own little worlds while the rest of us are living in Pandemic hell. Nothing but jokes.

Unregistered
    Annexing "developed parcels" in Florida is extremely difficult because it must be done parcel-by-parcel or owner-by-owner. However, annexing a giant tract of undeveloped land that is owned by one (1) owner is easy. De-annexaton has historically been extremely difficult to do.

Unregistered
    North port is a joke filled with constant drama. I have never seen anything like it. Between the sex scandals at nppd now the city manager you can’t make this stuff up. SSO just needs to take over and just dissolve northport as part of Sarasota county.

Unregistered
    North port is a joke filled with constant drama. I have never seen anything like it. Between the sex scandals at nppd now the city manager you can’t make this stuff up. SSO just needs to take over and just dissolve northport as part of Sarasota county.
    The City of North Port will never "just dissolve" because it is growing too fast. It has faced explosive population growth since the early 1990s, when it was around 3000 people compared to today's 50k or 60k people. As long as North Port remains a destination, it will remain an incorporated city. That's just the way it is.

Unregistered
    The City of North Port will never "just dissolve" because it is growing too fast. It has faced explosive population growth since the early 1990s, when it was around 3000 people compared to today's 50k or 60k people. As long as North Port remains a destination, it will remain an incorporated city. That's just the way it is.
    As long as housing in North Port is cheaper than the surrounding communities, then it's population will continue to explode.

Unregistered
    As long as housing in North Port is cheaper than the surrounding communities, then it's population will continue to explode.
    You can drive 50 minutes north to Lakewood Ranch where you will pay twice as much money for a home that is half the size.

https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/...ch/5743986002/

North Port remains very affordable for young families.

Unregistered

You can drive 50 minutes north to Lakewood Ranch where you will pay twice as much money for a home that is half the size.

https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/...ch/5743986002/

North Port remains very affordable for young families.
    Lakewood Ranch is a retirement community for rich old white retirees, while North Port is an working class community with affordable housing for young families with children.

Unregistered

Cool

Lakewood Ranch is a retirement community for rich old white retirees, while North Port is an working class community with affordable housing for young families with children.
    West Villages is very similar to Lakewood Ranch, which is why the retired old white petitioner is trying to de-annex from the City of North Port.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast