De-annexation of West Villages from North Port coming? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    West Villages is very similar to Lakewood Ranch, which is why the retired old white petitioner is trying to de-annex from the City of North Port.
    And it will happen.

Unregistered
    I do not blame them. This city is a disgrace. Including the police who think it is their job yo use taxpayers money to see who sent that email regarding the admitted affair. Just a disgrace.

Unregistered
    And it will happen.
    De-annexed: 0

Still a part of the City of North Port: 1

Unregistered

Cool

If my memory serves me correctly, the county was laying water pipes on undeveloped land. Nothing was there (yet) except freshly paved streets and orange dirt and plots for houses to be built -- and then the city annexed it. It upset the county because the county had already paid to have the pipes plotted -- and was mid-stream in laying the pipes into the ground. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
    By the numbers:
    1. The land was annexed BEFORE the homes were built.
    2. The land was in the city BEFORE the homeowner/petitioner bought his house.
    3. The land was in the city WHEN the homeowner/petitioner bought his house.
    4. The petitioner made a conscious decision to buy property in the city and to move into the city.
    5. Sarasota County commissioners do NOT OBJECT to the annexed land.
    • The petitioner subsequently has no legal basis to reverse points 1-5 above.

Unregistered
    When build-out occurs in West Villages, it will add 50,000 people. If it is still in the City of North Port, then the city population will be over 100,000 people. The City of Sarasota is only about 54,000 people.

Regarding taxes, it is more expensive to live inside a city limit in Sarasota County. For example, a home in the City of Sarasota can easily cost you thousands of more dollars, compared to a house down the street that is just outside the city limit. There is no benefit whatsoever to living inside a city limit. Today you can get municipal services in the unincorporated county for a fraction of the cost:
    sidewalks
    gutters
    street lights
    trash pick-up
    fire & law enforcement response
    paved streets
    zoning
    etc

Here are two logical questions for anyone who wants to save money:
    1. Can you name one (1) benefit that a city provides that is not provided by the county?
    2. What is the justification for paying higher city taxes?

As a sidebar, the county currently charges "municipal taxes" in certain unincorporated areas. In 100 years, county governments will provide everything that people need and most cities will be dissolved because people do not want to pay for that middleman layer of government.

Unregistered

Petition submitted to de-annex all incorporated lands west of the Myakka River

https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/...ty/6069814002/

Unregistered
    I’m going to laugh for weeks when this finally goes through. Going to have to fur low some nppd members. Let an agency that’s not a joke like SSO provide law enforcement services for west villages. At least they somewhat know what they are doing and are better trained.

Unregistered
    I’m going to laugh for weeks when this finally goes through. Going to have to fur low some nppd members. Let an agency that’s not a joke like SSO provide law enforcement services for west villages. At least they somewhat know what they are doing and are better trained.
    fur low ??? no spell check idiot ????? get your facts straight, NPPPD is one of the best trained agencies in the state

Unregistered
    fur low ??? no spell check idiot ????? get your facts straight, NPPPD is one of the best trained agencies in the state
    Your one of the only ones that actually thinks that. I’ve talked to guys at surrounding agencies and your pretty much a second thought. On par with like a “armed security”.

Unregistered
    Your one of the only ones that actually thinks that. I’ve talked to guys at surrounding agencies and your pretty much a second thought. On par with like a “armed security”.
    Jealousy will get them no where, one of the highest paid, best of vehicles, money is no concern, whatever we want we get, even if we don't need it !!! Lee County north, it doesn't get any better than this..... As they say most of our leadership used to be deputies, before they became real cops and transferred here !!!!! So I guess we don't really care who you or your greenie buddies like !!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast