It’s not just our PBA - all seem to be crap

Unregistered

It’s not just our PBA - all seem to be crap

My sister-in-law works for the county Pd in Miami Dade. We were sharing stories this past weekend and she told me of how bad their PBA was and I of how bad ours is. She then brought this up on her phone. I asked her to forward to me. We are deep trouble my friends.

Former dollar store cashier named PBA office manager
    Steadman hasn’t disappointed those of us who expect him To screw up. Hiring Shiver was a doozy indeed. Only after the Miami Herald
    Learned of this hideous hire and exposed it for what it was did Shiver disappear temporarily.
    A drove of employees have left citing unethical practices from the elected officers.
    But it doesn’t stop there. From piss poor contact to multiple Failures at the legislative session, Stahl has not stopped failing.
    After all sorts of employee departure and shifting, Stahl felt Compelled To put a former dollar store cashier, with no previous office experience, in charge of the PBA as office
    Manager.
    Stahl also felt the need to hire family Members Who were unable to get jobs elsewhere. Karen Stahl is now being Paid by our dues money.
    #NoMoreStahl

Unregistered
    There is no doubt the Florida PBAs, and I’m referring more to the south Florida ones, have taken on a new but not improved philosophy. They neither have the finesse or courage to get things done like Brickman, Hanrahan, and Marano.
    I’m indifferent to Skirvin as a person but he does fit the bill to be a union leader, much less a police union one.
    Maybe like everything else that’s going on it may be the changing of the times which if it is then why would anyone pay dues for nothing in return?
    Times have changed all around and the world is not a better place and neither is the PBAs.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is no doubt the Florida PBAs, and I’m referring more to the south Florida ones, have taken on a new but not improved philosophy. They neither have the finesse or courage to get things done like Brickman, Hanrahan, and Marano.
    I’m indifferent to Skirvin as a person but he does fit the bill to be a union leader, much less a police union one.
    Maybe like everything else that’s going on it may be the changing of the times which if it is then why would anyone pay dues for nothing in return?
    Times have changed all around and the world is not a better place and neither is the PBAs.
    Finesse and courage? More like bullying, bull$hit, smugness and selfishness.

Unregistered
    When Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus closed all the clowns went to work for all the PBAs across the state.

Unregistered
    Of all the police unions, the PBA is dead last. One can argue that IUPA and FOP but what is certain is the PBA is last my a mile.
    Top that off with a midget clown that represents us a s President and it’s no wonder why the PBA sux so bad.

Unregistered
    That’s why so many departments are leaving the PBA.

Unregistered
    IUPA has 3 upcoming PERC election to switch union where PBA will be voted out. Hallandale PD voted PBA out last May and South Daytona PD, Port Orange PD and Indian River Sheriff's Office Corrections Officers are about to become IUPA.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3197743]IUPA has 3 upcoming PERC election to switch union where PBA will be voted out. Hallandale PD voted PBA out last May and South Daytona PD, Port Orange PD and Indian River Sheriff's Office Corrections Officers are about to become IUPA.[/QUOTE

We are afraid to leave the PBA. It will never happen

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3197843]
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    IUPA has 3 upcoming PERC election to switch union where PBA will be voted out. Hallandale PD voted PBA out last May and South Daytona PD, Port Orange PD and Indian River Sheriff's Office Corrections Officers are about to become IUPA.[/QUOTE

We are afraid to leave the PBA. It will never happen
    It's true, we're like a battered wife..."I love him and will never leave no matter how bad it gets!" You know how this story ends... on the next call to the residence the victim is dead. I'm tired of being abused by the PBA... let's get help! Don't let the PBA kill our careers!!!!