LCSO Blackhawk Copter Budget - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Every empty mall in Lee County has a Sheriff substation, why not waste more money on a swat team helicopter. Think of the cool factor, forget common sense.

Unregistered
    I’m cool with it as long as they pick me up and take me to work once in a while.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    As a former police aviator, I believe the Blackhawk would be a mistake. There is a maintenance issue that will far exceed the attractive price of a retired military bird. Used birds aren't worth dying for.
    The only helicopter that they will get is an old Bell 47.

Blackhawks! Y'all are delusional. Lee County couldn't afford CPH. As for the medical bird part of it FAR compliance would kill the project in a heartbeat.

Why do you think BOCC killed and privatized their helicopter program to Air Methods? Their EC145 hourly cost more than yours now, and they shit canned it .

Dream on Johnny Commandos.

Unregistered
    Finally Walrus Team 6 will have air support for missions. I can't believe this chopper will be armed with door guns. Seems overboard, Dade didn't arm their Blackhawk. They might want to reconsider this decision.

Unregistered
    I think this whole idea is crazy, but we've seen the money they spend on the water tactical team so a Blackhawk isn't out of reality.

Unregistered
    So the big reveal will be at the spring training game next weekend. Not sure what they are thinking, Lee County doesn't need this bird.

Unregistered
    Can you imagine if he is that stupid to wast tax dollars on that chopper and show the public what an idiot he truly is.

Unregistered
    Can you imagine if he is that stupid to wast tax dollars on that chopper and show the public what an idiot he truly is.
    The Midget will have them fly him to crime scenes in his Junior SWAT costume. He’ll send his driver CL to pilot school.

Unregistered

Awesomeness

I think it's totally cool this sheriff has procured a blackhawk helicopter for an agency our size. It shows his forward progressive police planning. The former military community in Lee County will LOVE this and LOVE the sheriff for it!

Unregistered
    This copter has the ability to live stream back to the crime center raw on scene live video. So now CM and other command staff can give direction while watching real time.

I think it's totally cool this sheriff has procured a blackhawk helicopter for an agency our size. It shows his forward progressive police planning. The former military community in Lee County will LOVE this and LOVE the sheriff for it!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast