Janak - Page 41
Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Janak

Unregistered
    Oh hell no, won’t let this drop to the second page. I claim the 400th post in support of Sergeant Janak Amin!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Oh hell no, won’t let this drop to the second page. I claim the 400th post in support of Sergeant Janak Amin!
    Interesting that the victim in this case was a career felon who escaped from custody....
    Our boy had every right to pull out a gun on the scum that was resisting arrest.
    The corporal a black man, LADARIAN Rudolph, who couldnt pass the corporals exam twice, known for his gossip lies, was the star witnesses that NEVER got out his car.
    I wonder how is he doing as a sergeant? The only patrol experience he had as a supervisor was a few months earlier when Cov19 1st started....does anyone KNOW how he is a supervisor? Or he probably has a great corporal that does all the work.

Yet sgt. Napolitano who victimize 4 of our own is still collecting a pay check. Perhaps the Napolitano case needs to get exposed to the media...so the public can see how much HCSO loves their employees .... so damn much they are willing to keep him even though he was a racist sexes bigot that inappropriately touched his female employees and acted maliciously against a black male employee....a supervisor who comes to work with alcohol on his breath...and is a gossip ******* just like LADARIAN.

I wonder why the SAO has not filed on JANAK 's case....you know why?? Because the Botox Chad lied!!!

Unregistered
    I have many more facts than you know. He has always been a ticking time bomb for this office and it shocks me he made it this far, but thankfully he is gone without any more lasting damage. I won’t be surprised how this will turn out at all. He will get felony PTI and waste away in the shadows.
    You are truly gutless coward.

Unregistered
    Nolle Prosse...🤣

Unregistered
    LaD did you get the news?

Unregistered
    SAO press release reads like an exoneration not nolle pross.

Unregistered

Embarrassed or Angry

I don’t know if I should be embarrassed or angry. Embarrassed if our staff does not understand the use of force matrix. Embarrassed they decided to take the word of a halfwit and arrest without the forethought of reviewing the case with the SAO (like they demand we do). Or, do they understand the matrix and they know they should have consulted. If that be the case, the decision was a political PR stunt. In which case, we should all be angry. Angry the staff will throw anyone of us under the bus for ratings. This job throws enough at us, we need to worry about being a persons political stepping stone? Angry to know people were promoted after providing false information. If the staff truly feel they did the right thing, maybe it is time you sought employees who are not afraid to provide a descenting opinion. Stop surrounding yourself with those who agree with all you say. Those who will kiss your ass no matter the issue. Shameful.

Unregistered
    I don’t know if I should be embarrassed or angry. Embarrassed if our staff does not understand the use of force matrix. Embarrassed they decided to take the word of a halfwit and arrest without the forethought of reviewing the case with the SAO (like they demand we do). Or, do they understand the matrix and they know they should have consulted. If that be the case, the decision was a political PR stunt. In which case, we should all be angry. Angry the staff will throw anyone of us under the bus for ratings. This job throws enough at us, we need to worry about being a persons political stepping stone? Angry to know people were promoted after providing false information. If the staff truly feel they did the right thing, maybe it is time you sought employees who are not afraid to provide a descenting opinion. Stop surrounding yourself with those who agree with all you say. Those who will kiss your ass no matter the issue. Shameful.
    This was a good lesson on never listening to Rudolph or Ledonne.

Unregistered
    Hillsborough State Attorney’s Office review of Janak Amin case

Grayson KammJanuary 22, 20210 Comment
    The letter below has been sent to Sheriff Chad Chronister regarding the investigation of former Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Janak Amin.

January 22, 2021
    Sheriff Chad Chronister
    Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office
    2008 E. 8th Avenue
    Tampa, FL 33605

Re: 2020-CF-8107, Sgt. Janak Amin

Dear Sheriff Chronister:

Thank you for your office’s cooperation in our review of the arrest and investigation of former HCSO Sergeant Janak Amin on July 10, 2020. The purpose of this letter is to summarize our review of the evidence as well as our determination of whether any criminal violations of Florida law occurred.

My office reviewed this matter to determine whether Sergeant Amin committed any crimes in connection with the July 9 incident involving the arrest of Carl Elkins, including but not limited to (1) aggravated assault in violation of Florida Statute §784.021 and (2) assault in violation of Florida Statute §784.011. (Note: Sergeant Amin was arrested for a single count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, but we evaluated his conduct for two separate possible instances of assault.) To be clear, we did not review whether Sgt. Amin violated HCSO internal policies and procedures or whether his conduct was consistent with the high standard for law enforcement in our community. That is not our role in this matter.

My office reviewed the entire case file, including police reports, witness statements from HCSO deputies and Elkins, photographs, written communications among HCSO personnel, and documents and witness statements pertaining to the use of force continuum. Additionally, my office has met with and requested additional evidence from detectives from your Criminal Investigation Division as recently as December 2020.

Given your familiarity with the relevant facts and allegations, I am not including a full factual summary herein. The arrest report states that during the course of apprehending Elkins pursuant to an arrest warrant, Sgt. Amin pointed his gun at Elkins and told him “he would be shot if he did not verbally identify himself.” Additionally, the arrest report states that Sgt. Amin subsequently told Elkins that he would be “taken to the woods if he did not comply with providing his identity.”

Our review has concluded that there is insufficient evidence to charge Sergeant Amin with any crime. To file any criminal charge, my office must have a good faith belief that we can prove all elements of the offense beyond a reasonable doubt using admissible evidence. First, to establish aggravated assault, we would need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Sgt. Amin intentionally and unlawfully threatened violence against Elkins using a firearm, had the apparent ability to carry out the threat, and that the threat created a well-founded fear that the violence was about to occur. The evidence establishes that Sgt. Amin pointed his gun at Elkins and threatened to shoot him.

The critical question is whether the threat was unlawful or whether Sgt. Amin was acting in his capacity as a law enforcement officer arresting a noncompliant and potentially dangerous suspect. In short, the evidence establishes that Sgt. Amin drew his weapon to provide cover for himself and the other deputies arresting Elkins, and that Elkins was not handcuffed and was actively resisting arrest at the time or immediately before the threat was made. Threatening a noncompliant and potentially dangerous suspect to make him obey commands and submit to a lawful arrest is allowed under Florida law. Therefore, there is insufficient evidence to establish that Sgt. Amin was acting outside of his lawful capacity as a law enforcement officer at the time the threat was made.

Second, to establish assault with regard to Sgt. Amin’s “taken to the woods” comment, similar to an aggravated assault, we would need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Sgt. Amin intentionally and unlawfully threatened violence against Elkins, had the apparent ability to carry out the threat, and that the threat created a well-founded fear that the violence was about to occur. The evidence establishes that Sgt. Amin did make a comment to this effect—using a euphemism for physical harm—to Elkins after Elkins was securely in custody. However, the evidence also establishes that Elkins did not have a well-founded fear that the harm was about to occur. In a recorded sworn statement, Elkins said that he thought Sgt. Amin may be bluffing and did not take the threat seriously because another deputy was standing nearby. Therefore, Sgt. Amin’s comment, however inappropriate, does not rise to the level of an unlawful assault.

My office’s review of this matter was necessary and appropriate to ensure the equal application of the law to everyone in Hillsborough County, both law enforcement and civilian. Independent reviews such as this are critically important to the community to ensure accountability from government agencies. I therefore appreciate your office’s cooperation and patience as my office conducted a thorough review.

Sincerely,
    ANDREW H. WARREN
    State Attorney

Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast