Survey - Backup Weapons

Unregistered

Survey - Backup Weapons

I am a retired cop doing research on the use of backup weapons on the job.

During my time on the street, I concealed a 38 five shot in the straps of my vest and a combat knife in my boot.

The recent events in Los Angeles revealed the ugly side of weapon retention and what could of resulted in another
    senseless officer shooting.

So, I would appreciate your input on the following questions. Thank you. John

If you carry a backup weapon, what type is it?

If a firearm, does your agency require you to qualify with it?

Have you ever used your backup weapon and why?

Does your agency permit you to carry them?

Have you ever had a subject grab your service weapon?

Thanks in advance and stay safe!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am a retired cop doing research on the use of backup weapons on the job.

During my time on the street, I concealed a 38 five shot in the straps of my vest and a combat knife in my boot.

The recent events in Los Angeles revealed the ugly side of weapon retention and what could of resulted in another
    senseless officer shooting.

So, I would appreciate your input on the following questions. Thank you. John

If you carry a backup weapon, what type is it?

If a firearm, does your agency require you to qualify with it?

Have you ever used your backup weapon and why?

Does your agency permit you to carry them?

Have you ever had a subject grab your service weapon?

Thanks in advance and stay safe!
    We barely carry an actual duty weapon now. Some detectives only have a Glock 26 with no reloads and some officers walk around without one in the pipe.

Unregistered
    wow. this is the wrong site for a legitimate question.

Unregistered
    “combat knife in my boot” LMAO 🤣!

Freakin troll!

Unregistered
    “combat knife in my boot” LMAO 🤣!

Freakin troll!
    We now sport tattoos, do not use any legitimate proven safe neck restraints to actually control subjects, and have roving captains because platoon lieutenants, sergeants, and patrol officers have had their authority removed to. You should check with the mayor to see if we can be real coos or just an arm of code enforcement.

Unregistered
    We now sport tattoos, do not use any legitimate proven safe neck restraints to actually control subjects, and have roving captains because platoon lieutenants, sergeants, and patrol officers have had their authority removed to. You should check with the mayor to see if we can be real coos or just an arm of code enforcement.
    Most guys I knew that carried a back-up, used .38 snub nose revolver back in the day, on their ankle. But have you ever tried to run with a ankle holster? I always carried a microtech auto in my pants pocket. I "sometimes" carried a small KelTec P3AT with a pocket clip. Super small and slim! Mine was very reliable, but it kicks like a mule and not too effective past 7 yards. But then again, it was a last ditch option.

Unregistered
    Glock 43 9mm single stack. Lightweight, slim, and packs a 9mm punch. That is, if you’re a legitimate post and not some a$$hole. Now go screw off to your dumb hunk of land in the middle of nowhere because you hate Miami-Dade so much.