Firearms Qualification

Unregistered

Firearms Qualification

Hello. I’m a new hire who’s currently a sworn LEO and transitioning from another agency to the Orlando Police Department. With that being said. I’m worried about firearms qualifications. I’ve never qualified with moving targets and I’m worried. How’s the training staff with working with new hires who has prior experience? What does the pistol/rifle qualification consist of?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello. I’m a new hire who’s currently a sworn LEO and transitioning from another agency to the Orlando Police Department. With that being said. I’m worried about firearms qualifications. I’ve never qualified with moving targets and I’m worried. How’s the training staff with working with new hires who has prior experience? What does the pistol/rifle qualification consist of?
    You’ll be fine. By now you should’ve qualified though if your in the current class that just swore in. If not they only move up and down out of sight. The hard part is the no light stuff. Learning to use your gun light or flashlight.

Unregistered
    Thank you for that information!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not to be rude but you play up your "previous experience" but then are looking for "working with". This is honestly whats wrong with the new breed of LEO. If you are scared of a moving piece of paper imagine someone running and shooting at you. You obviously are not confident with your firearm and you on your own should be training and bettering yourself. But instead you are waiting and wanting someone else to do it for you.. Sad Sad state of affairs in the LEO community.

Unregistered
    I’m fully confident with my weapon. With that being said. Working with a new weapon system can be challenging. I’m not coming to the agency presenting myself as a know it all. I don’t know it all. I’m still learning. . I’m simply asking for guidance. Last time i checked. That wasn’t frowned upon.

Unregistered
    Firearm training not necessary. As demonstrated at the night club massacre, when encountering an active shooter, we just wait outside for however many hours necessary until the situation dies down. Collateral damage is not a consideration.
    This way we all make it home.