Sheriff Tom Knight's vehicle burglarized at his home
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Post Sheriff Tom Knight's vehicle burglarized at his home

Quote Originally Posted by “Lee Williams”
    VENICE — Sarasota Sheriff Tom Knight’s police-vehicle was burglarized at his home in Venice. Knight did not return calls for this incident.
    Source:
    https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2...ed-at-his-home

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sheriff Knight left his vehicle unlocked last night. This morning he found that his ballistic vest, his badge wallet identifying him as the sheriff and “other possible items missing.”

He violated his own general orders by not calling his communications center and requesting an officer to come to the crime scene. Instead, he called the Venice Chief of Police and went the backdoor route to circumvent the obvious embarrassment factor.

However, Knight suspended a swat deputy for a month, and demoted him from Detective Brian Keane patrol deputy for the exact same reason and also removed from the SWAT team.

We are curious if Kurt Hoffman advised Knight to call the VPD chief direct -- or to follow general orders?

Give Knight a call and ask him if he is going to take some time off. What is good for deputies is good for him. What will Knight do to hold himself accountable?

The sheriff’s address can be located in public records through the property appraisers office. Look under Thomas M. Knight and Tracy M. Knight and you will find the address of:

216 Park Blvd.
    Venice, FL 34285

The car was left unlocked. Car hoppers rarely break windows. We all know that. I bet there is a neighbors camera that will prove the car was unlocked.
    If there is a camera, then it would destroy his credibility with the public. His credibility for being truthful was destroyed years ago with deputies and with certain political players in the community.

Unregistered
    The current sheriff's address is listed in a public records search through the property appraisers office. Look under Thomas M. Knight and Tracy M. Knight and you will find the address of:

216 Park Blvd.
    Venice, FL 34285

Click here to see it in Google or click here to see a close-up pic of the crime scene location. LOL

Sheriff Knight suspended Detective Brian Keane to deputy and removed him from the SWAT team for the exact same reason. Give Knight a call and ask him if he is going to suspend himself for committing the exact same violation.
    If Knight lips are moving, then you know that he is...

BK5112

BS

I got a call and heard my name was mentioned on this site. To the above poster. I don’t care if you dislike the Sheriff. To put his address in here is bullshit. He has a family and they deserve better. I would ask the moderator to get it off here ASAP. As for my punishment I got 16 hours off as per GO. I did violate policy and have moved on. Like me the Sheriff is a victim of a crime. At least show his family some respect and let it go. This is not who we are or what we do.

Unregistered
    Uuuuhhh Yea it is what we do.

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BK5112 View Post
    This is not who we are or what we do.

Uuuuhhh Yea it is what we do.
    If fairness, integrity, respect (bla blaa blah blaaaaaa) were exhibited by Tom Knight and Kurt Hoffman, then the vast majority of deputies and civilian SSO employees would exhibit respect and fairness towards them. However, Knight and Hoffman do NOT exemplify honesty or integrity, and then they reap what they sow. Then when they catch flack, they blame their problems on others. Do you want proof from members in the community who are not deputies or SSO civilians? Then ask Shirley Brown! Ask Judge Charles E. Williams! Or ask many other elected city and county officials who have had nasty encounters with Knight and Hoffman. Respect is easy to earn and easier to lose -- forever. Lying is a bad character trail.

Adolf Hitler fought until the bitter end, thus totally destroying Berlin and the rest of the nation. Then he had the audacity to blame the German people for the nation's destruction because he said they were not noble or worthy of greatness. It was idiocy.

Unregistered
    I did violate policy and have moved on. Like me, the Sheriff is now a victim of the same crime.
    Brian, that is why this case generates so much interest. Car hoppers don't smash windows. They check for unlocked doors and if a door is locked, then they move-on to the next vehicle.

Unregistered
    I got a call and heard my name was mentioned on this site. To the above poster. I don’t care if you dislike the Sheriff. To put his address in here is bullshit. He has a family and they deserve better. I would ask the moderator to get it off here ASAP. As for my punishment I got 16 hours off as per GO. I did violate policy and have moved on. Like me the Sheriff is a victim of a crime. At least show his family some respect and let it go. This is not who we are or what we do.
    Who is we. I knock Knight every time he fukkks up or lies. He is a politician not a cop. His address should be public. He is elected first before he is a cop. POLITICIAN ELECTED PERSON. Guess what ...Trump lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave Washington DC. Oopps did I spill the beans? So Tom Knights address is protected but not the Gov or pothus? The message here is...Lock your doors. Easy as pie.

Unregistered
    Who is we. I knock Knight every time he fukkks up or lies. He is a politician not a cop. His address should be public. He is elected first before he is a cop. POLITICIAN ELECTED PERSON. Guess what ...Trump lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave Washington DC. Oopps did I spill the beans? So Tom Knights address is protected but not the Gov or pothus? The message here is...Lock your doors. Easy as pie.
    True that and fully understood. But it's still important to stick to the facts. We do not disparage Knight based on personal opinions, but instead, Knight is disparaged based on facts, observations and personal experiences with him. That's why he has such a notorious reputation within the Sarasota Sheriff's Office, as well as with other politicians who have encountered his nasty vindictiveness. Hostility and anger is very bad for a deputy -- AND FOR AN ELECTED SHERIFF. Very bad. Knight was arrested by VPD for a violent outburst while drinking at a Venice bar. Knight was denied a security clearance by the FBI. There is a systemic pattern of "emotional outbursts" that is harmful to anyone in its wake.

Unregistered

Need an idemized list

Sheriff Knight left his vehicle unlocked last night. This morning he found the following things stolen:
    • His badge wallet, identifying him as the sheriff
    • His ballistic vest
    • “Other possible items missing.”
    The SSO PIO needs to address this. Why would Knight leave his wallet badge in the car overnight? It that's true, then it's uneffen believable!!! Poor judgement...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast