Fraternal Order of POLIcE tag (FOP)

Unregistered

Fraternal Order of POLIcE tag (FOP)

I am 21 aspiring to be an Officer one day I recently obtained an FOP tag once home one of my buddies pointed out I CAN get arrested for the TAG as it is strictly designed for LEO or retirees. I researched on line and read that you need to be an Active Member which obviously I am not, the Tag agency clerk did not say anything about a Letter needed and being Active FOP member.

Can I get arrested and please post the statue so I can educate myself I am too young to get in trouble I would gladly return it to the tag agency.

Thanks

Unregistered
    It's not illegal but it's a terrible idea. In this day and age, you'll get a rock thrown through your window.

Unregistered
    You’re fine with it. Nothing illegal about it.

Unregistered
    WRONG,WRONG, AND WRONG!!!!!!

The only way you can legally get that tag without a verification letter is if you have an older surplus police car. The car cannot have any police markings but must have two of the following; an A pillar spot light, a partial or complete push bumper, a cage partition, rear window bars, faded paint shadowing of police stickers, a nonworking radar mounted on dash, strobe lighting that only flashe yellow or amber in the presence of law enforcement, and after market rims. NOTE: The rims cannot be less than 20 inches in diameter unless they match the design of a sportier vehicle. (i.e. mustang, marauder, SRT charger or challenger, and etc.)

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    WRONG,WRONG, AND WRONG!!!!!!

The only way you can legally get that tag without a verification letter is if you have an older surplus police car. The car cannot have any police markings but must have two of the following; an A pillar spot light, a partial or complete push bumper, a cage partition, rear window bars, faded paint shadowing of police stickers, a nonworking radar mounted on dash, strobe lighting that only flashe yellow or amber in the presence of law enforcement, and after market rims. NOTE: The rims cannot be less than 20 inches in diameter unless they match the design of a sportier vehicle. (i.e. mustang, marauder, SRT charger or challenger, and etc.)
    Would you mind citing the statute?

Unregistered
    Would you mind citing the statute?
    He’s joking man. Just rock the plate, you’ll be good.

Unregistered

If the State of Florida issued the tag for the car, then it's legit. Period.

Unregistered
    If the State of Florida issued the tag for the car, then it's legit. Period.
    Civilians who drive cars that intentionally look like undercover cop cars tend to be very strange people. Weirdos. Conversely, the vast majority of cops do not like to identify their POV's as being owned by an officer. Civilians who pay extra for the FSA or FOP tags are usually old white retirees who believe it might get them out of a ticket.

Unregistered
    Civilians who drive cars that intentionally look like undercover cop cars tend to be very strange people. Weirdos. Conversely, the vast majority of cops do not like to identify their POV's as being owned by an officer. Civilians who pay extra for the FSA or FOP tags are usually old white retirees who believe it might get them out of a ticket.
    Might get them out of a ticket? So you are one that don’t mind writing an Officer a ticket?

This’s why we are where we are today.

No professional courtesy whatsoever.

A barber does not charge another barber.
    Same goes for Dentist to Dentist.
    Mechanic to Mechanic, is all about Blue thin line.

As these country trunks to crap last thing in my mind is to write another LEO a ticket.

You lack of Common sense.

Lucky for me I Troop E has a good relationship with South Fla cops.

Troop K is in Another frequency of their own.

Unregistered
    Might get them out of a ticket? So you are one that don’t mind writing an Officer a ticket?

This’s why we are where we are today.

No professional courtesy whatsoever.

A barber does not charge another barber.
    Same goes for Dentist to Dentist.
    Mechanic to Mechanic, is all about Blue thin line.

As these country trunks to crap last thing in my mind is to write another LEO a ticket.

You lack of Common sense.

Lucky for me I Troop E has a good relationship with South Fla cops.

Troop K is in Another frequency of their own.
    Pay the ticket A** Clown...