CCPD opinion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCPD opinion

Unregistered

CCPD opinion

Hello all,
    I know I may get a mix of opinions here. I’m a detective up in the northeast. I’ve worked narcotics, and had the opportunity to work on many specialty units. I want to relocate to your area, and I like CCPD from my research. I’m well aware I’d be starting from the low man spot, and likely would be on third shift patrol for a while. That’s fine. But how is the outlook if you perform well? Ie specialty units, narcotics, detective positions and swat? Could a solid cop get there in 3-5 years? I appreciate the input.

Unregistered
    You will probably not see anything other than road patrol for at least 10 years. Just a fact. And training will treat you like crap, even worse than those out of the academy cause they feel intimidated by those with experience. But once your out of training the pay is the best in the area, you’ll get a SUV take home in great condition off the bat; just be aware you’ll be in patrol for the foreseeable future. You may actually end up on days cause it’s a weird matrix we have keeping an even number of senior people and new people on days and night.

Cheers.

Unregistered
    There is a chance you get a speciality spot by 5 years, but slim. Agency is the best around in all aspects, but one, movement. Movement is hard to come by.

Unregistered
    I will say this though, if no one is moving than it’s fair which it is, there just no movement. Rather have it this way than some other departments where the one year go goes to k9 over 10 year guys etc etc

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I will say this though, if no one is moving than it’s fair which it is, there just no movement. Rather have it this way than some other departments where the one year go goes to k9 over 10 year guys etc etc
    We have guys with little to no experience go to K9, we have people that make no drug arrests go to Vin. There is no rhyme or reason. However movement is extremely slow and typically no based on merit.

Unregistered
    What new guy went to K9 with no experience?

Unregistered
    Thanks for the input, everyone. It sounds similar to my current agency where it is the best in the area but movement is stale. That is understandable and I do not mind it, it means less people are bailing from a bad agency.

Unregistered
    Best pay doesnt mean best agency my friend. Good luck with your search.

Unregistered
    I don’t think there is any perfect agency in the area, all have their issues so may as well get the best pay in the area right?

Unregistered
    Just to clarify, when you say no specialty spot for 5 years, is that referring to units such as dive or SWAT? Or is it referring to positions ie narcotics. 5 years seems steep for a specialty unit. Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast