Holiday pay
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holiday pay

Unregistered

Holiday pay

Should we put money on it on how many worthless specialty units that never work a Saturday all of a sudden come in to work tkday for that $$$$????

Unregistered
    Well genius the holiday pay was yesterday

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Should we put money on it on how many worthless specialty units that never work a Saturday all of a sudden come in to work tkday for that $$$$????
    You idiot read the contract you only get holiday pay if you worked on Friday July 3, 2020 which was considered a city holiday. The only worthless person is you working today on Saturday and not receiving the extra holiday pay.

Unregistered
    Every sworn officer gets holiday pay regardless if you worked it or not. If you are patrol and worked your Wednesday and Thursday you still get 12 hours of paid time for the holiday even though you are off.

Unregistered
    Everyone’s at BBQs tonight. I wonder if instagil has one I didn’t get an invite this year.

Unregistered
    Every sworn officer gets holiday pay regardless if you worked it or not. If you are patrol and worked your Wednesday and Thursday you still get 12 hours of paid time for the holiday even though you are off.
    It does not work that way anymore. Our agency has misinterpret sworn officers holiday pay for years. City Finance made a big stink and complained on the police department for stealing holiday hours and not abiding by our contract. If you add 12 hour holiday pay or comp and you did not work on Friday July 3, 2020 your time sheet will be changed.

I cant say I agree with this, I think its crap.

Unregistered
    The original purpose and reasoning why the union fought for holiday pay was for the sworn officers actually working on the holiday which was deemed a city holiday by City Government. You must be crazy if you were off on Friday July 3, 2020 and expect to receive an extra 12 hours pay and you did not work on the day deemed a city holiday.

For years and years all sworn were taught to add 12,10 or 8 hours holiday to their timesheets even if they did not work on the day deemed as a City Holiday. Not anymore people. Don't risk being in an IA for placing false info on your timesheets.

Unregistered
    So no wonder the roster on Friday July 03, 2020 showed every single specialty unit working. They all will receive holiday pay. At least the specialty guys and girls are smarter than Road patrol junkies.

Unregistered
    Simple all patrol supervisors, officers and detectives that were scheduled off on Friday July 03, 2020 will not get an extra 12 or 10 hours end of story.

Unregistered
    So no wonder the roster on Friday July 03, 2020 showed every single specialty unit working. They all will receive holiday pay. At least the specialty guys and girls are smarter than Road patrol junkies.

Again. Another worthless dig at Road Patrol. This was supposed to be about holiday pay but someone did mention Specialty Units/Admin showing up for holiday pay. This is a practice that's been going on for years. Christmas or New Years day over the weekend, I've seen the specialty Sgts. and Lt's there. But since you are a specialty unit, how long were you on the road? Why did you leave the road? Tell the truth. Scared? Couldn't handle the call volume? Lazy? Needed a take home car? Didn't realize what you were getting into? Easier hours? Not having to be accountable? Anything else? Just want to know why.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast