These Rookies Need Mentorship ASAP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

These Rookies Need Mentorship ASAP!

Millennials had a lot to cry about during yesterday’s union meeting. So what if you aren’t arguing for weekends off. Stop crying about working area 4. This so called officer safety issue is weak.

Suck it up. Do your time and get off patrol. Can’t believe this was coming from the group of guys that played football! (Tough Guys).

What happened to real Defensive Tactics!

Unregistered
    And let’s address the elephant in the room. Let’s look at the demographics of citizens that are making things so difficult on Ocean Dr?
    So far calls for service on the beach have almost all had the same theme 34,32,27,29,54,38 just listen to the radio on all shifts what do the calls all have in common ?

Unregistered
    There’s no need to worry about the police if you’re not doing anything illegal! I don’t see color so who ever spoke about the the demographics is apart of the problem. A lot of you have a problem with black MBPD officers (rookies) speaking up! Why didn’t you respond to them in the meeting?

Unregistered
    I got a newfound respect for those guys. But their anger is pointed in the wrong direction. I agree more mentoring is needed.

Unregistered
    The problem is we have a chief of police who still plays TA at the academy. He “mentors” them becomes their buddy and all of a sudden we have a direct line to the head of the department because “Ricky was my TA”. Chief needs to stop playing TA, get some rest and sleep and focus on the agency not his other job.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The problem is we have a chief of police who still plays TA at the academy. He “mentors” them becomes their buddy and all of a sudden we have a direct line to the head of the department because “Ricky was my TA”. Chief needs to stop playing TA, get some rest and sleep and focus on the agency not his other job.
    Lmaaaaooo Brother your so right! Ricky played the long game. But we don’t do much to help the division. I’m a mentor, I FTO most of the recruits.

Unregistered
    Come on guys if you were offered every other weekend when you first started and we’re assigned to the 5th street detail, Washington Ave. Etc, you would have taken it also. But the devil is in the details with the chiefs plan. This is a money killer, It’s exhausting and will force you to work your weekend off to make what you made last year. At the end the majority will rule and decide what day off hour configuration is worth taking a 30k cut in pay. But let’s not be stupid and open up negotiations midway through the current contract. That’s a bad precedence to set.

Unregistered
    Come on guys if you were offered every other weekend when you first started and we’re assigned to the 5th street detail, Washington Ave. Etc, you would have taken it also. But the devil is in the details with the chiefs plan. This is a money killer, It’s exhausting and will force you to work your weekend off to make what you made last year. At the end the majority will rule and decide what day off hour configuration is worth taking a 30k cut in pay. But let’s not be stupid and open up negotiations midway through the current contract. That’s a bad precedence to set.
    Whenever you guys decide to stop being keyboard commandos is when the city will stop taking notes on this site to use against us. How stupid can you really be? Asking for a friend because I wouldn’t say that. Don’t want anyone getting offended. Lol.

Unregistered
    Whenever you guys decide to stop being keyboard commandos is when the city will stop taking notes on this site to use against us. How stupid can you really be? Asking for a friend because I wouldn’t say that. Don’t want anyone getting offended. Lol.
    Listo! Vamonos! Cheech, we’re all commandos I prefer to stay quite. It’s too much going on. I’m not about to argue with a bunch of football players about politics. Let them see how much they are really loved by the Brass. We are all we got! At times I miss Hialeah.

Unregistered
    Man I never remember a time when someone had less that 10 years on even said a word. You came to work STFU and did your job. Even if you had something to say you stayed quiet because no one gave a shit. Ricky is only trying to set an motion a union buster by playing both sides against each other. Ricky just leave it alone already it’s driving you crazy and your family first is getting old.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast