Internet entrapment: Adult detectives pretending to be children?

Senior Member LEO Affairs Lieutenant

Lightbulb Internet entrapment: Adult detectives pretending to be children?

Quote Originally Posted by “Carlos R. Munoz”
    Sarasota Sheriff’s detectives encouraged men on adult dating sites to have sex with children, according to appellate judges.

Sarasota attorney Andrea Mogensen said: “The government is supposed to be detecting crimes that already exist [instead of encouraging citizens to commit crimes]. The law has stated for decades that the government cannot create crimes by suggesting that citizens commit crimes.”

In this case, a Sarasota sheriff’s detective set up a fake profile as an 18-year-old woman named “Amber” on an adult dating site called Meetme.com. The detective would then [lie] and tell citizens that she is really a child and she would solicit men to…
    Full story:
    https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2...internet-sting
    Journalism can never be silent: that is its greatest virtue and its greatest fault. It must speak, and speak immediately, while the echoes of wonder, the claims of triumph and the signs of horror are still in the air.

Unregistered
    They can’t help it. Most of them just don’t know what they are doing.

Unregistered
    This intercept was done under the leadership of shady "MD." There were some really good detectives that did solid work and their cases never went to trial because of solid police work. It's unfortunate that this case made the media because the detective who worked it is a good guy. There were other cases that MD pushed through and were BS. MD only wanted numbers even if the charge wouldn't stick. However the detectives that did the shady Shiiit were chose to come back and do the next few intercepts. The detectives that had true pieces of SHITTTTT were not invited to come back.

MD is out for himself. He smiles in your face while he's stabbing you in the back. He should have been demoted a few years ago when he interfered in a MSO investigation involving his son but it was swept under the rug by his "godfather JW."

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This intercept was done under the leadership of shady "MD." There were some really good detectives that did solid work and their cases never went to trial because of solid police work. It's unfortunate that this case made the media because the detective who worked it is a good guy. There were other cases that MD pushed through and were BS. MD only wanted numbers even if the charge wouldn't stick. However the detectives that did the shady Shiiit were chose to come back and do the next few intercepts. The detectives that had true pieces of SHITTTTT were not invited to come back.

MD is out for himself. He smiles in your face while he's stabbing you in the back. He should have been demoted a few years ago when he interfered in a MSO investigation involving his son but it was swept under the rug by his "godfather JW."
    I have the video of Dumer screaming at his neighbor saved in my phone. He is in my opinion why this country is mad at the police, but hey Kurt Hoffman will keep this guy as a lt and most likely promote him. I show it to every person I meet so I can to prove What a pile he is a pile of shit he is. Your kid is a turd just like dad.

Unregistered
    I have the video of Dumer screaming at his neighbor saved in my phone. He is in my opinion why this country is mad at the police, but hey Kurt Hoffman will keep this guy as a lt and most likely promote him. I show it to every person I meet so I can to prove What a pile he is a pile of shit he is. Your kid is a turd just like dad.
    Please post the video so everyone can see what you are talking about. If you don’t feel comfortable, please forward it to someone who will. These accusations don’t mean anything unless the public can see hard evidence.

Unregistered

On the cheap

Someone in supervision decided to save money by only using SSO people instead of trained chatters. The outside people have to be put in hotels, fed, etc. The SSO chatters got minimal training from “trained” chatters. The “trained” chatters reviewed everything before the case was allowed to proceed and give the suspect the address. It was doomed to have issues due to supervision trying to make arrests to please CAR1. Many of the chatters from this 2018 sting refused to take part in the operations that followed.

Unregistered
    Someone in supervision decided to save money by only using SSO people instead of trained chatters. The outside people have to be put in hotels, fed, etc. The SSO chatters got minimal training from “trained” chatters. The “trained” chatters reviewed everything before the case was allowed to proceed and give the suspect the address. It was doomed to have issues due to supervision trying to make arrests to please CAR1. Many of the chatters from this 2018 sting refused to take part in the operations that followed.
    That's what happens when Sheriff Knight pushes for "quantity arrests over quality arrests." A true leader will NEVER push for quantity over quality because it encourages deputies to make BS arrests (or to issue BS tickets) to meet informal arrest quotas. Pushing quantity over quality causes two things to happen:
    1. Citizens who get arrested on BS charges will disrespect the CJ system for the rest of their lives -- and they will tell it to their friends, family members and neighbors.
    2. Citizens who receive BS traffic tickets... (see #1 above)...

Points #1 and #2 (above) create an "us against them" mentality within the Sarasota Sheriff's Office. In a true Republic, law enforcement cannot be effective without the will and the consent of the people being governed. Knight's order to issue fake Facebook news will not solve this leadership issue. It actually exacerbates the issue.

Unregistered

MD

I MD was given some time off when he tried to step into MSO's investigation involving the boy. I'm sure it's in his personnel file.

Unregistered
    Please post the video so everyone can see what you are talking about. If you don’t feel comfortable, please forward it to someone who will. These accusations don’t mean anything unless the public can see hard evidence.
    Just do a public records request it’s in the IA file a neighbor used a telephone to record MD standing in the street wearing tan shorts and And black shirt. He tells the citizen “you and I will get with each other later ****head”. The citizen then tells him don’t you come near here and he says “I will”. Is that the type of person that you want as a lt In charge of people? Give me your email I will send it

Unregistered

Knightmare

Hey i heard that when Tommy boy retires he is going to sell BLM T-shirts on the streets in a cart !!!!!!! Yo Yo Yo Tommy boy you go 🚔