I am out of here - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    He was a fleeing felon and posed a substantial risk to the public.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3171942]By shooting a fleeing suspect in the back??? He did his job as he was trained? What type of training do you have at this department, or any agency where you were taught to shoot someone in the back? Please tell us all and list the instructors name because I’m sure not one single instructor at TPD has ever said it was perfectly fine to shoot someone in the back.[/Yo

Your so stupid this doesn’t even need a response. No way you can be a cop nobody can be this clueless about the law or use of force. Even the training director for the State of Georgia at (GPSTC) who writes the use of force and the training guidelines for the State of Georgia has said publicly that this was a correct use of force and he was following his training and how he was trained. Your an idiot

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    By shooting a fleeing suspect in the back??? He did his job as he was trained? What type of training do you have at this department, or any agency where you were taught to shoot someone in the back? Please tell us all and list the instructors name because I’m sure not one single instructor at TPD has ever said it was perfectly fine to shoot someone in the back.
    There is no way you are a police officer here. If you are I am willing to put money you have never had any kind of weapon pointed at you and discharged at you. I don't need a TPD instructor to tell me when its perfectly fine to shoot someone in the back. There is no law against shooting someone in the back. As a matter of fact warrior, you might have missed out the case law portion in academy where they covered Tennessee v. Garner. I'll summarize it for your simple brain to understand "Officers may not use deadly force to prevent escape UNLESS the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death of serious physical injury to the officer or others".

Now maybe you feel the taser being pointed at and discharged at the officer didn't give rise to a belief that the suspect posses a significant threat of death of serious physical injury but by your ignorant comment I surmise you don't think its right to shoot anyone in the back at all. Had he pointed and discharged a firearm at the suspect would you still feel the same? I can tell you this if you point and discharge a firearm at me and then keep running away from me, I'm going to unload a magazine into your back because I don't need a TPD instructor to tell me its right to shoot you in the back at that moment, I know its right.

Rayshard Brooks was a convicted felon and according to

Georgia Code 16-11-131 "(2) "Firearm" includes any handgun, rifle, shotgun, or other weapon which will or can be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or electrical charge."

And Georgia Code 16-11-133:
    "Firearm" includes any handgun, rifle, shotgun, stun gun, taser, or other weapon which will or can be converted to
    expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or electrical charge.

As a felon he was in possession of a "Firearm" by Georgia law. A Taser is not NON lethal, it is a LESS lethal. Meaning in the wrong hands and used improperly it can have an exponential likelihood of causing death, there is a reason our SOP's keep us from cycling too many times or pointing at certain areas of the body, because the chance for death increases if we do.

What was the Officer supposed to do when he caught Rayshard? Hope that Rayshard wouldn't use the weapon improperly. You ever been tased in the face? Drive stunned in the eyes or neck repeatedly? Relentlessly? By a suspect willing to do anything to avoid arrest?

See the problem with "officers" like you is you think because you have been in a few "resists" where someone tensed up a little and then you took him into custody you are some kind of tactical guru who can make all the right decisions in the heat of the moment. That kind of thinking breeds complacency and hesitation when faced with a true aggressive offensive threat. "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson. You ever have a bone in your face get fractured from a punch by a suspect? I have. One of the officers in Atlanta was also aggressively closed fist punched in the face by Rayshard Brooks only lending more to the probable cause that once caught he would utilize that taser in attempt to cause death or serious bodily harm, or do you think when he made the decision to raise and point and discharge he intended just to soft with the Officer?

Maybe the Officer should have just let him get away. As long as there are officers like you to judge him, especially if you get promoted, no officer is safe to defend himself by the rule of law.

Unregistered
    There is no way you are a police officer here. If you are I am willing to put money you have never had any kind of weapon pointed at you and discharged at you. I don't need a TPD instructor to tell me when its perfectly fine to shoot someone in the back. There is no law against shooting someone in the back. As a matter of fact warrior, you might have missed out the case law portion in academy where they covered Tennessee v. Garner. I'll summarize it for your simple brain to understand "Officers may not use deadly force to prevent escape UNLESS the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death of serious physical injury to the officer or others".

Now maybe you feel the taser being pointed at and discharged at the officer didn't give rise to a belief that the suspect posses a significant threat of death of serious physical injury but by your ignorant comment I surmise you don't think its right to shoot anyone in the back at all. Had he pointed and discharged a firearm at the suspect would you still feel the same? I can tell you this if you point and discharge a firearm at me and then keep running away from me, I'm going to unload a magazine into your back because I don't need a TPD instructor to tell me its right to shoot you in the back at that moment, I know its right.

Rayshard Brooks was a convicted felon and according to

Georgia Code 16-11-131 "(2) "Firearm" includes any handgun, rifle, shotgun, or other weapon which will or can be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or electrical charge."

And Georgia Code 16-11-133:
    "Firearm" includes any handgun, rifle, shotgun, stun gun, taser, or other weapon which will or can be converted to
    expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or electrical charge.

As a felon he was in possession of a "Firearm" by Georgia law. A Taser is not NON lethal, it is a LESS lethal. Meaning in the wrong hands and used improperly it can have an exponential likelihood of causing death, there is a reason our SOP's keep us from cycling too many times or pointing at certain areas of the body, because the chance for death increases if we do.

What was the Officer supposed to do when he caught Rayshard? Hope that Rayshard wouldn't use the weapon improperly. You ever been tased in the face? Drive stunned in the eyes or neck repeatedly? Relentlessly? By a suspect willing to do anything to avoid arrest?

See the problem with "officers" like you is you think because you have been in a few "resists" where someone tensed up a little and then you took him into custody you are some kind of tactical guru who can make all the right decisions in the heat of the moment. That kind of thinking breeds complacency and hesitation when faced with a true aggressive offensive threat. "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson. You ever have a bone in your face get fractured from a punch by a suspect? I have. One of the officers in Atlanta was also aggressively closed fist punched in the face by Rayshard Brooks only lending more to the probable cause that once caught he would utilize that taser in attempt to cause death or serious bodily harm, or do you think when he made the decision to raise and point and discharge he intended just to soft with the Officer?

Maybe the Officer should have just let him get away. As long as there are officers like you to judge him, especially if you get promoted, no officer is safe to defend himself by the rule of law.
    Nobody’s reading all that crap. Bottom line it.

Unregistered
    Bottom line: he pointed a firearm at the officer and the officer fired a firearm back. Justified!

Unregistered
    Great, so not only are you ill informed in case law, police tactics, and use of force but you can’t read either? And you are an officer here? God help us.

Unregistered
    Great, so not only are you ill informed in case law, police tactics, and use of force but you can’t read either? And you are an officer here? God help us.
    That person is not an Officer, they must be a Captain or higher.

Unregistered
    Well he did shoot a guy with a taser. Would any TPD guys shoot someone running with a taser although justified???? No way. I would have sent a BOLO, wrote a long report, towed car and left. My taser rarely works anyway. The time for the fight would have been on the ground but that officer couldn’t fight so he was put into a no win situation. That won’t be me.
    Good Lord I hope you're never my 54

Unregistered
    Everyone should. Bottom line is "Know the law." Good advice.

Unregistered
    Good Lord I hope you're never my 54
    Wowww. Did you even watch the video?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast