Do the minimum if you want to keep your job and stay out of prison. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We are all different people. We all excel at different things. Some people love looking for drugs. We have SES and SID for them. Some like to investigate hard crimes. We have CID for them. Some are good with kids, and they can be SRDs. The point is that we all have a place for us that doesn’t fit inside the one box the office tries to put us all in.

I am one of those who take extra care on the calls to de-escalate a situation. Most of the time, when I leave, everyone is happy. I have the gift of gab. I don’t have the most traffic stops on my squad, but I have eliminated a lot of complaints and fixed a lot of problems. My supervisors get a lot of good calls from the public about me. Every month when stats come out, I have to hear about my lack of traffic stops. I go call to call to call all day long in this fukking heat, I take the time to investigate everything to the fullest and find appropriate resolutions so we don’t have to go back out there again, I write great reports, and I back up all of my zone partners. But hey, you are no good because you didn’t reach the invisible quota for traffic stops. Guess what? I’m not trying to be a motor unit!
    Thank you for saying that. I wanted to post the same thing, but could not piece it together due to my frustration. Im in your same boat. The gift of gab. By the time I leave a call, the people have learned a little, received advice and help, and are happy. Our leaders only know us by our stats and what ever someone that complains says. This is the ONLY job, that I know of, that our leaders do not see anything good we do. We have some damn good supervisors that do know what we do, but they are powerless and as voiceless as we are. Our leaders, command, and executive staff can care less what our supervisors think.

Unregistered
    AMEN! I been saying this for almost two decades. Im well liked by everyone I come in contact and never have issues. I consider myself to be an excellent problem solver and mediator on these calls, yet if you look me up on paper, to an office jockey bean counter, I would be a slug. Because I'm not out arresting everyone.
    If you’re scared, say you’re scared.

Unregistered
    "If you’re scared, say you’re scared". Another attempt by the so-called leaders here to distract this thread. Your feeble attempt only empower us. A.B.C

Unregistered
    It’s not the people who do the minimum who complain about not being promoted. They’re the ones who already made LT and Capt. because of who they know. The people complaining, are the ones busting their asses every day for nothing. This place has a unique ability to kill the souls of the hardest workers. I never saw this when I was in corporate America.
    The good old boy system never really went away! It was taken over by the liberals of the office and changed its name to progress & transparency 😉

Unregistered
    The good old boy system never really went away! It was taken over by the liberals of the office and changed its name to progress & transparency 😉
    “progress & transparency“ is our internal version on BLM

Unregistered
    Funny how when we mention not arresting anyone anymore and direct filing on everyone to prevent arrests to prevent uses of force, they came out with that rule of asking a supervisor before direct filing. You would think our leaders would back us in making a point. Maybe helping us avoid physical contact with people regarding COVID and preventing use of force.

Unregistered
    Leaders backing us. Your funny. Blue flu 4 July

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12